Where did fine transmutation stones go?

in Crafting

Posted by: Aliasday.2460

Aliasday.2460

Q:

Did the drop rate fall or something? I had like 20 at one point and I’m not sure how but now I’m down to 1 and haven’t found one the last couple of months of playing.

in Crafting

Posted by: HuntsForge.3260

HuntsForge.3260

I’ve never had any, other than those purchased with gems since release.

in Crafting

Posted by: Calvinthesneak.5839

Calvinthesneak.5839

I just levelled up my alt, and I didn’t get any fine transmutation stones as rewards at all from any of the level 80 zone completions.

Corin Fellswick [TEST] Guardian on IoJ

in Crafting

Posted by: ZBeeblebrox.4928

ZBeeblebrox.4928

I had the same problem. I got them a few times shortly after release from map completion, daily, and black lion chest. I think they removed them to force you to use gem store, since they know the game is all about skins and this is thus a valuable item.

in Crafting

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Now that I think about it, it has been a rather long time since I’ve gotten any from dailies or map completion. Ofc any response will be “it’s all in your head”.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Crafting

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

Can’t remember the last time I’ve had one drop from zone completion, daily or blc (granted I only open chests when I get a key in game).

[SFD] – Maguuma

in Crafting

Essence Snow.3194

Just wanted to bump this up….I asked around ig and found many others who have noticed lack of these as of late.

Has anyone gotten any lately via blc or map completion?

in Crafting

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

I did get 3 (or 5, can’t remember) from a chest a week ago. But that’s about it. They can be obtained without using the gem store, just really really rare

in Crafting

Posted by: gillius.2856

gillius.2856

They come from black lion chest and the tp. As the drop rate for the keys has been minimised we re seeing less of these transmutation stones

in Crafting

Essence Snow.3194

Since they added the newer items to the blc they just became that much more rare I reckon……pity as they are actually one of the useful things from them.

in Crafting

Posted by: FInN.7219

FInN.7219

I used to get them for daily, and a few weeks ago I started to get basic transmutation stones on my level 80 character which can’t even use them. :/

It would be nice if we could transmutate basic to fine in the mystic forge since I honestly don’t think people actually use them.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mercypsy.9602

Mercypsy.9602

It would be nice if we could transmutate basic to fine in the mystic forge since I honestly don’t think people actually use them.

This is a very good idea.

in Crafting

Posted by: Tristavel.9218

Tristavel.9218

Yeah, also noticed both fine stones and BL keys somehow evaporated from reward tables. Keys used to be a common drop from low level area completion, but this doesn’t happen anymore, I can’t remember when was the last time I got one (and I’m running some alts, so doing lowbie areas regularly). Same with stones, managed to hoard a few on my first lvl 80, and never saw another one.

Oh well, seems they gave us another gold sink.

in Crafting

Posted by: ZBeeblebrox.4928

ZBeeblebrox.4928

It shouldn’t be surprising. They have to find some way to force you to buy gems, or they won’t make any money. As has been said, Fine Transmutation Stones are far more useful than Basic… so you’ll fork over gems for them. And some people will just be lazy and pay real money. That’s a win for Anet.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ibbuli.4027

Ibbuli.4027

I’ve never ever got a single one from map completion and I have 3 characters with 100% map and additional 80 level character… + two level 40 characters with several 100% maps. Regular transmutation stones however, those I got around one stack now. :I

I’ve got around 20 from black lion chests during the first month after release… or more like during the first week. After that I’ve gotten nothing until about a week ago I got another 5 from black lion chest.

in Crafting

Posted by: poochythedog.6749

poochythedog.6749

Got 3 from completing an area the other day (or it was a daily, can’t remember). You can still definitely get them, they’re just rare.

in Crafting

Posted by: Nyarlathotep.6079

Nyarlathotep.6079

About 3 weeks ago I got them 2 days in a row with my dailies. I remember because I was hoping this trend would continue but sadly it didn’t…

in Crafting

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

ANet must have nerfed the drop rate(I know they did from personal story rewards). I can understand why: it is definitely top 5 most profitable items on the TP for them.

in Crafting

Posted by: VictoriousMonk.7150

VictoriousMonk.7150

So the only place to get these are in the gem store now? I have 6 alts that I’ve played nearly 800 hours and all level 80 and I haven’t come across any fine transmutation stones.

In comparison, I’ve played 200 on my main and had at least 30, but this was probably December or January.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I haven’t seen a FTS from map completion or BLC’s in a while, which is why I bought 25 of them during the sale yesterday.

in Crafting

Posted by: Nephele.5063

Nephele.5063

Haven’t seen one in quite a while. I got a whole bunch by leveling alts when the game first released though, so I’m still burning through those.