Where do you get dragonite ore now?

in Crafting

Posted by: lunatuna.6823

lunatuna.6823

I thought I would try to farm some dragonite ore this weekend to finish an ascended weapon, but the supply seems to have dried up. The temple events are rarely done anymore on my server (Tarnished Coast), and low level events like the Champion Svanir Shaman Chief don’t seem to drop any dragonite anymore. That leaves dragons on very long timers.

Any suggestions?

in Crafting

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

Orr temples is a good source of them. Especially if you’re in chain temple run, 30 dragonite ore per temple. Otherwise world bosses in general are usually known to drop them, but of course its per day.

Use gw2stuff.com to see which servers are doing temple runs and guest over there. Been doin that myself recently.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The low level ones only drop low amount anyway, I think 3-5. These are also once per day per character since they come from the chest. You also need to be using a lv80 character if it’s like the other stuff. I haven’t been paying attention anymore to the dragonite drops since it’s just clogging up storage.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I believe many servers run regular temple zergs. Just hope there’s one that runs during your play window.

in Crafting

Posted by: lunatuna.6823

lunatuna.6823

I got the once per day chest from the Champion Svanir Shaman Chief as well as the regular chest – no dragonite from either.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Karka Queen still drops Dragonite. Got 25 from her over the weekend.

Aside from that, the best source for Dragonite right now is actually the Tower of Nightmares. Opening the Tri-Key chest gives about 15 – 20 Dragonite (so I’ve been told), and there’s no limit to the amount of times you can open the chest. If you’ve got the gold to spare, you could easily buy up a huge amount of keys and just open the chest repeatedly. Alternatively, you can also farm in the Tower for key pieces.

in Crafting

Khisanth.2948

Aside from that, the best source for Dragonite right now is actually the Tower of Nightmares. Opening the Tri-Key chest gives about 15 – 20 Dragonite (so I’ve been told), and there’s no limit to the amount of times you can open the chest. If you’ve got the gold to spare, you could easily buy up a huge amount of keys and just open the chest repeatedly. Alternatively, you can also farm in the Tower for key pieces.

You can only buy one key per day unless they’ve changed that as well.

in Crafting

Zaxares.5419

Oh yeah, right. I forgot you can only buy one key a day. Oops. >.< Well, you could still farm the Tower and the Nightmare Chambers for keys. There seems to be about a 50% chance of getting one from the end of each Chamber.

in Crafting

Khisanth.2948

Oh yeah, right. I forgot you can only buy one key a day. Oops. >.< Well, you could still farm the Tower and the Nightmare Chambers for keys. There seems to be about a 50% chance of getting one from the end of each Chamber.

If you are doing to farm, might as well do the Hybrid. You need to get up there to open the chest anyway and after the last update it is guaranteed to drop a key piece. Not sure if you get to pick the color. Haven’t bothered going back since finishing the meta.

in Crafting

Posted by: tmakinen.1048

tmakinen.1048

I think that the best reward to effort ratio for dragonite right now is Golem Mk II. The chest drops 15-25 ore, the event is fast, easily soloable including the pre (and thus guaranteed to give the reward) and on a relatively short cycle, allowing you to farm it on several characters with minimal guesting.

tmakinen of [SoF]

in Crafting

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Solo temples.

in Crafting

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

WvW has yielded 100% of my Dragonites, keep lords drop them and an afternoon of WvW can see dozens of keep lords die!

in Crafting

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

Strange to hear the OP’s story since my guildmates and I regularly guest to either Tarnished Coast or Blackgate for events.

in Crafting

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Go to this page:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Drive_Malchor_to_the_Altar_of_Tempests

Hit “fetch” to find out what servers it is available on – not preparation, but actually running. Guest to that server and finish the event. 30 Dragonite. Rinse and repeat. Check regularly, and probably leave a couple level 80 alts there, ready to go. I’ve got 4 level 80s, and if I time things right, it’s 120 Dragonite ore in a day.

That’s not a certainty, but if you do it daily, you should be getting an average of 60 per day (if you have at least 2 or 3 80s), or enough for 1 weapon a week.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

when you are done with dragons/temples, do the Nightmare tower,… 2 stacks made there in no time.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I regularly guest to Tarnished Coast to run some temples. I have been busy over the past week and a half with real life stuff, but I doubt they have stopped doing the runs in that time.

Maybe the OP’s play time just doesn’t line up with the temple train.

in Crafting

Khisanth.2948

Go to this page:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Drive_Malchor_to_the_Altar_of_Tempests

Hit “fetch” to find out what servers it is available on – not preparation, but actually running. Guest to that server and finish the event. 30 Dragonite. Rinse and repeat. Check regularly, and probably leave a couple level 80 alts there, ready to go. I’ve got 4 level 80s, and if I time things right, it’s 120 Dragonite ore in a day.

That’s not a certainty, but if you do it daily, you should be getting an average of 60 per day (if you have at least 2 or 3 80s), or enough for 1 weapon a week.

http://jasper.gw2stuff.com/en/events/us is probably much better for an overview of event status across all the servers

in Crafting

Zaxares.5419

If you are doing to farm, might as well do the Hybrid. You need to get up there to open the chest anyway and after the last update it is guaranteed to drop a key piece. Not sure if you get to pick the color. Haven’t bothered going back since finishing the meta.

No, the Hybrid gives you a random key piece. But yes, if you’re capable of soloing the Nightmare Incarnate instance, you may as well head inside and get one while you’re up there.

in Crafting

Posted by: Guardian Of Tyria.6397

Guardian Of Tyria.6397

I thought I would try to farm some dragonite ore this weekend to finish an ascended weapon, but the supply seems to have dried up. The temple events are rarely done anymore on my server (Tarnished Coast), and low level events like the Champion Svanir Shaman Chief don’t seem to drop any dragonite anymore. That leaves dragons on very long timers.

Any suggestions?

Many people in TC are finishing up their WvW meta achievements this week, so next week you’ll probably see much more activity with temples and whatnot (Wintersday content will be easy to get through quickly). Plus, a lot of TCs temple events have been bugged (most were bugged about 2 weeks ago and, last I checked, dwayna was still bugged).

I’m on TC and I used to do temples quite a bit, but took time to finish my WvW meta and now am doing fractals some (living story stuff is a big pull).

in Crafting

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

Temple runs used to be always worked on in TC. The reason people stopped was cause the temples were/are bugged. :[ Before this recent patch dwayna, melandru and lyssa events were all bugged(possibly balthazaar but no one does that one anyway). Only grenth was done once in awhile. Now lyssa is working again but dwayna and melandru still seemed bugged. it sux having them bugged for so long :/

in Crafting

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

a lot of times people run temples after reset.

and if you see temples active on your server, you can always ask around and a handful of peolpe actually make certain temple runs easier.

the other day 2 manned Grenth (though we DID both die and Grenth died to DoTs lol so we rallied – but that was an issue of us not clearing the shades properly) and then 3 more came for the defend event. yesterday we 5-6 manned melandru. so they are still doable. : ))

good luck!!

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Crafting

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Nightmare Tower chest on top is the best place… you can open it as many times as you want.

after temples and dragons or if you are off timers, just go romaning there until you get enough keys.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.