Where is the BUTTER?

Where is the BUTTER?

in Crafting

Posted by: rglaredo.9467

rglaredo.9467

I’m leveling cooking with an alt and I need butter. I remember it dropped of humans but know there is everything else except butter . After farming on the human starting area for 1 hour where the bandits are I have only 15 butter. Where can I find some ?

Where is the BUTTER?

in Crafting

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi Rglaredo,

As you can see here, http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Butter butter is dropped mainly from loot bags. Bandits, Centaurs, Skritt have a chance to drop bags with butter.

Hope this can help you.

Where is the BUTTER?

in Crafting

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

15 butter in an hour is actually pretty good, esp for the starting area. Just keep killing bandits, you’ll get plenty of butter.

Back when I was a lowbie I had about 1500+ butter just from leveling. I got so sick of it that I started to hate butter irl.

Where is the BUTTER?

in Crafting

Posted by: Hjorje.9453

Hjorje.9453

I have yet to run out of butter. I bought a lot of it when the game first started before they took it away from the Master Chefs. But it drops often enought that I add 15 to 20 a day from playing usually (that is an average, some days I may on get one and other days I deposit 40, usually on a weekend). But I get a lot of bandits in Queensland when I am playing my alts.

Hjorje

Where is the BUTTER?

in Crafting

Posted by: bpphantom.8243

bpphantom.8243

The butter is in my inventory and I throw it on the market at the end of every play session (my collection is full).

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman.”

Where is the BUTTER?

in Crafting

Posted by: Oscar.4628

Oscar.4628

There’s a huge chance to get butter from loot bags.
I get like 4 times butter out of 10 bags.
Depending on what loot bag you have.

Where is the BUTTER?

in Crafting

Posted by: Chesterton.3561

Chesterton.3561

I’m having trouble with it dropping as well. I think I’ve had only 3 or 4 drop out of loot bags….and I’m level 26. It’s making Cooking really difficult to level up. =/

Where is the BUTTER?

in Crafting

Posted by: Lord Kreegan.8123

Lord Kreegan.8123

Butter drops were — for a long time — one of those “excessive drops” that ANet scaled back.

I have so much butter that I just vend any butter drops these days.

Where is the BUTTER?

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Butter drops were — for a long time — one of those “excessive drops” that ANet scaled back.

I have so much butter that I just vend any butter drops these days.

I hope by ‘vend’ you mean sell on TP since there is a huge price difference.

At lv26 a good place for butter would be Bar Curtis Ranch in Queensdale. Just north of it has plenty of bandits in a small area and then there is the events associated with the farm. Just be careful with what you aggro, 1v10 might be a bit of a challenge at lv26. :p

There is also the infinitely spawning bandits in Brisban Wildlands but that is probably not a great choice for lv26 to farm.

Where is the BUTTER?

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystry.4235

Mystry.4235

The older players may have infinite butter, but as a newer player who just recently got to 80 I can tell you that a good 70~% of the money I spent levelling chef was spent on kittening butter. The drop rate was way too high, now its way too low.

Where is the BUTTER?

in Crafting

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

I do the events in the Norn starter zone to knock over the daily quickly usually end up with a pile of butter if your doing the events any way its handy

Ulfar SOR

Where is the BUTTER?

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Loot bags from level 1 – 20 enemies have quite a high chance to drop 2 – 4 Butter. In particular, Bandits, Centaurs (don’t wanna know what kind of milk they’re using…), Dredge (x2…) and Skritt (anyone remember that Simpsons episode?) loot bags. Bags dropped from Inquest, Flame Legion and Risen don’t seem to give out butter.