Where to farm ancient wood / orichalc ?

in Crafting

Posted by: Shelledfade.6435

Shelledfade.6435

Other than orr, and in orr I only found like 4-5 nodes combined…. seems like the amount of nodes were nerfed on top of it with this new update.

Checked TP and there was 0 ancient wood available as well.

This is hilarious.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Cursed Shores, Malchor’s Leap, Frostgorge Sound, and Southsun Cove.

in Crafting

Posted by: Shelledfade.6435

Shelledfade.6435

Cursed Shores, Malchor’s Leap, Frostgorge Sound, and Southsun Cove.

I did cursed shore, there was barely anything there lol. How are we supposed to craft if there are no crafting mats available on the maps.. ??

in Crafting

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

The new ascended weapons don’t call for that much Ori or Ancient wood. You shouldn’t have much problem farming up that material by the time you finish the time gated new materials.

These materials have always been fairly scarce. People have just been hoarding them so they can power level up their crafting discipline.

in Crafting

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

The problem is getting to 450 crafting exotics to begin with, it takes a lot of ori and ancient wood. (not everyone is rich enough to hoard them.)

in Crafting

Posted by: fey.5438

fey.5438

Other than orr, and in orr I only found like 4-5 nodes combined…. seems like the amount of nodes were nerfed on top of it with this new update.

Checked TP and there was 0 ancient wood available as well.

This is hilarious.

5 x Cursed shore
5 x Malhor’s
2 x Frostgorge
3 x Southsun

so 45 orichalcum per 1 character
360 per 8 characters..
I don’t see any problem here. W8 few days if you can’t afford it now.

in Crafting

Posted by: Hidori.3472

Hidori.3472

5 x Cursed shore
5 x Malhor’s
2 x Frostgorge
3 x Southsun

360 per 8 characters..

wohoo… look how great you are!

MR. “I don’t see any problem here”, not everybody has the time to level 8 chars, you know.

Anyway. I know this thread is months old, but for ppl who don’t have 8 chars like this guy here, it is a pita to farm that stuff. Still no change even months after this thread started. And why should it? I mean what’s the fun if you can farm all your stuff easily and get all that ascended and higher items in a matter of days?

Should the rate of ori nodes be increased? And what’s next? And the next after that?

I need desperately more of ori, ancient, silk scraps and others. It sucks sometimes to have to work that hard for mats. but it also keeps me going, doing things, trying to figure out the best way to get the stuff I need. And when I get sick of it, I do just something else. I plan to play this game a few months more and I’m not in a hurry to reach the end of the end-game.

in Crafting

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Nice necro, considering there’s now ~150k ancient wood logs in the TP, starting from 3,99s apiece.

One – Piken Square

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

5 x Cursed shore
5 x Malhor’s
2 x Frostgorge
3 x Southsun

360 per 8 characters..

wohoo… look how great you are!

MR. “I don’t see any problem here”, not everybody has the time to level 8 chars, you know.

Anyway. I know this thread is months old, but for ppl who don’t have 8 chars like this guy here, it is a pita to farm that stuff. Still no change even months after this thread started. And why should it? I mean what’s the fun if you can farm all your stuff easily and get all that ascended and higher items in a matter of days?

Should the rate of ori nodes be increased? And what’s next? And the next after that?

I need desperately more of ori, ancient, silk scraps and others. It sucks sometimes to have to work that hard for mats. but it also keeps me going, doing things, trying to figure out the best way to get the stuff I need. And when I get sick of it, I do just something else. I plan to play this game a few months more and I’m not in a hurry to reach the end of the end-game.

Try salvaging.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

gw2nodes.com

Look for nodes close to waypoints. Check all the servers. (NA or Europe)

Then guest to the server that is the best fit, and chop away.

in Crafting

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Step 1 – Hit all three Orr areas, Frostgorge Sound, and Southsun Cove
Step 2 – Guest to second server and repeat Step 1
Step 3 – Guest to third server and repeat Step 1
Step 4 – Profit

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Crafting

Posted by: JakHammer.7094

JakHammer.7094

I almost never bother going to hunt mats any more. Salavage ALL your top level whites and blues. It becomes an accelerating process as the blues get you Luck and increase you Magic Find, and that first shows itself, at least for me as – way more blues than whites. (personal MF now at 120%. Blue started really dominating about 70%)

Also consider salvaging certain Greens based on the Mats they tend to drop. Light Armors – silk, sometimes in multiples. Heavy Armor – Ori. Ancient wood is pretty much hafted weapons and bows only, and is a lot harder to salvage for in my experience.

(edited by JakHammer.7094)

in Crafting

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Step 1 – Hit all three Orr areas, Frostgorge Sound, and Southsun Cove
Step 2 – Guest to second server and repeat Step 1
Step 3 – Guest to third server and repeat Step 1
Step 4 – Profit

This don’t work. If you gather all Ancient Wood and Orichalchum on a map, and then guest on another server, you won’t have access to these nodes. You will still have access to normal nodes, but not Tier 6.

Gathering ancient wood and ori is really easy. Of course the more character you have and the better it is, but you don’t need 8 character. I used to do 2 Orr’s map and Frostgorges sound on 3 characters for 108 Ore per day plus the wood. When you use website like gw2nodes, you can find really easy run so it take about 1,5 to 2h to get those ores and wood that you would had cost you about 8-9 Gold. It was less profitable than dungeon, but i needed a lot of Orichalcum back then. Later with 7 character (they are easy to level up and it’s nice to have different profession) i only did the 2 Ori and 2 Woods in Frostgorges sound. Even with 5 characters you can make 30 Ori and 30 Woods and if you can find a server with good position, you can make that in 15min. That’s about 2.7 Gold in 15min, and with 8 Character you can make 4.3 Gold in 20min which is really good.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Crafting

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I prefer Southsun Cove for my T6 wood / ore farming. The whole zone is nice and small and for the most part the nodes spawn along a central route through the area with a couple exceptions, so you can do a run in 15-20 minutes (depending on how spread the nodes are) even with no waypointing. And as a bonus you can get Passion Flowers from a few Blooming Passiflora nodes (though those are limited to 3 per day per account even if you switch characters) which sell for a decent amount.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Don’t forget the 2 Ori nodes in Obsidian Sanctum too. Of course, depending on the times at which you play, it may not be feasible for you if you have to fight through enemy players camping inside the JP.