Why I can not cook in GW2 ...

in Crafting

Posted by: Magik.7805

Magik.7805

I would love to applaud the amazing efforts done by the staff at ANet with their design and thought that went into the cooking craft. Sadly, I will not and can not bring myself to level a cook because of a huge oversight on their part.

This oversight is an absolute lack of Bacon as a crafting ingredient!

I was hoping that it’s awesomeness lead to an extremely rare drop rate, but sadly my friends after hundreds of hours of committed Suidae genocide I am here to tell you that bacon does not exist in Tyria!

How could any group of reason people be so cruel to their fictional works of art to deny them the salty sweet taste of bacon? But our friends at ANet took it even further and denied even the mere existence of bacon to the five races of Tyria. So while I still consider the devs friends, this is a warning, you have been put on notice! When we are done with the dragons we will be coming after you and we will have our bacon!

in Crafting

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

I agree but not cause of bacon. I want brussels sprouts!!

in Crafting

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

I can make a veggie burger, but not a bacon cheeseburger? That’s just wrong!

On the other hand, that would explain why I don’t see many fat NPCs.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

in Crafting

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I’ll second a desire for bacon and pork products.

I mean… we have pigs, red meat, and poultry (and I really like the design decision behind the red meat/poultry versus specifics i.e. “raptor meat” or “venison” or 500 more types of meats.

We’re missing a third meat type: white meat.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Crafting

Posted by: dallbee.2746

dallbee.2746

I’ll second a desire for bacon and pork products.

I mean… we have pigs, red meat, and poultry (and I really like the design decision behind the red meat/poultry versus specifics i.e. “raptor meat” or “venison” or 500 more types of meats.

We’re missing a third meat type: white meat.

Er…actually, poultry would be the white meat, so we’ve already got that covered.
I believe you may be referring to the OTHER white meat.

I, for one, applaud ANet’s decision not to include bacon, the geek-chic status symbol equivalent of what PBR has become to hipsters. I pine for the days when I could step out to enjoy a hearty Sunday breakfast of bacon and eggs without miscellaneous bespectacled passersby attempting to engage me in conversation about comics, Internet memes or anything that has ever existed in 8 bits.

Nobody ever seems to wanna chat when I’m munching a kielbasa, though. Elitists.

So good job, ArenaNet! Good job, I say! Way to keep the residents of Tyria free from the deleterious effects of the bacon plague! May your efforts not go unrewarded, and may you never waver in your vision or cave in to the pressures of the pork-idolizing masses.

in Crafting

Posted by: Elric of Grans.7684

Elric of Grans.7684

I can make a veggie burger, but not a bacon cheeseburger? That’s just wrong!

Are you serious? Veggie Burgers are in the game? I, for one, am offended by this. No meat = not a burger. This needs to be rectified immediately. Besides, would that not be cannibalistic for Sylvari?

in Crafting

Posted by: Keta.9601

Keta.9601

I’m a vegan. I applaud veggie burgers and abhor bacon. Keep it as it is. Or make the virtual stomach churning smell go elsewhere. :P

in Crafting

Posted by: rakah.1053

rakah.1053

It doesn’t even specify if the red meat is halal xD

in Crafting

Posted by: nimajneb.3871

nimajneb.3871

guffaw Ok, the bacon comment actually made me laugh out loud, for real. Magik wins the internet for the day, or being that this is GW2, scores Gold on the event.

in Crafting

Posted by: Loyn.2830

Loyn.2830

Bacon would be a game breaking addition.

Think about it.

1) All cooking effects would become overpowered with the addition of bacon, people wold CRY for a nerf of cooking foods. Bacon is to awesome.

2) Bacon would kill the database for cooking as it would easily double, possibly triple. Bacon could be added to everything, and why stop with cooking. Bacon wrapped scale helm.

3) If you added bacon to GW2, we would all just cry and bask in a unity we are unworthy to behold. The merging of the two would be too much for the interwebs to handle and it might implode the web!

in Crafting

Posted by: dallbee.2746

dallbee.2746

Bacon wrapped scale helm.

Heh. I L’d OL. :P

in Crafting

Posted by: Whirlmeister.4603

Whirlmeister.4603

It was possible to produce roast pig during beta:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Frying_Pan_

Presumably they removed this potentially game breaking feature for good reason.

The odd thing is I spent ages defeating boars in game, and have maxed out cooking, but not one of them dropped anything I could use to produce bacon, pork or even hog ribs

in Crafting

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

I’m a vegan. I applaud veggie burgers and abhor bacon. Keep it as it is. Or make the virtual stomach churning smell go elsewhere. :P

Same for me, yes there are more of us out there. Though I wouldn’t mind if they added it. If they did though they should go ahead and add 100 to 150 lbs to all of the npcs, and then they should add a hidden passive to any meal with meat in it. It adds 1 to your heart attack score. Every 10 seconds the game rolls to see if you have a heart attack based on how many meat products you’ve eaten.

In all seriousness though I’m so sick of seeing people being unhealthy with what they eat. It would be fine if tax dollars taken from me weren’t then used to support their unhealthy life styles.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lydiaele.9417

Lydiaele.9417

Same for me, yes there are more of us out there. Though I wouldn’t mind if they added it. If they did though they should go ahead and add 100 to 150 lbs to all of the npcs, and then they should add a hidden passive to any meal with meat in it. It adds 1 to your heart attack score. Every 10 seconds the game rolls to see if you have a heart attack based on how many meat products you’ve eaten.

In all seriousness though I’m so sick of seeing people being unhealthy with what they eat. It would be fine if tax dollars taken from me weren’t then used to support their unhealthy life styles.

Seriously? First of all this is why no one invites you to their picnics – you’re a preacy elitist buzzkill. (The OP was joking.) Secondly, overindulgence in anything can make you fat, and I can get fat much quicker eating fruit and grains than I ever could eating meat.

in Crafting

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

Man posts about bacon, Vegans and Meat Eaters go to war.

Did you not understand? Bacon is powerful, but must be used responsibly or else we could destroy everything!!! Bacon is not a toy or the butt of some joke. Oh no. Bacon is srs bns.

Clearly, Bacontur, God of Bacon is displeased. We must repent! LET THE RABBITS WEAR GLASSES! CARROTS HAVE FEELINGS TOO! Please please please!

Can we comprimise? Bacon for the meatsters, and turkey bacon for the vegans*.

*I am well aware that vegans cannot eat turkey, but sacrifices have to be made and turkeys are a loathesome animal feared and hated by all exept spawn of hell, and should not be out of bounds even for vegans. SOMEONE has to comprimise and it sure as hell ain’t gonna be BACONTUR.

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

in Crafting

Posted by: Keta.9601

Keta.9601

Good Lord guys, you’re taking all of this way too seriously. I certainly didn’t go to war and if any of you decided to take things that way — that’s your problem. Do I have to start posting things in pink to make it clear? Yes, I am a vegan, yes I abhor bacon in real life but this is a game. I could care less if they put bacon into it in any form whatsoever.

It’s just a game. IRL, I’m a Ironman World Championship finisher, multiple marathon finisher (oh and I actually know exactly what my finishing times are too!), Long distance runner and swimmer. And I’m a vegan and my ranger has eaten cheeseburgers that my cook has conjured up in game. It’s just a game.

Aloha.

in Crafting

Posted by: Debsylvania.7396

Debsylvania.7396

Hmm. I’ve noticed that there are many generic “slabs of meat” dropping out there. Surely there’s a recipe somewhere that will teach us to craft some fine bacon from slabs of meat off of the millions of boars roaming the forrests?

Deb ~The Chewbacca Defense [TCD];
Waiting For Death [WFD]
@ Borlis Pass Server

in Crafting

Posted by: Hydrophidian.4319

Hydrophidian.4319

My assumption has been that bacon will be a prestige item, as it should be. Because it’s bacon.

Alternatively, it could be something that is only obtained through cooperation. First, the Artificer would have to craft the bacon-producing device (strangely, it would look not unlike a restroom hand drier).

Then the Cook would have to combine the device with the appropriate ingredients, creating the Bacon Dispenser consumable.

The quote would of course be:

“Push button. Receive bacon.”

(edited by Hydrophidian.4319)

in Crafting

Posted by: Yoman.8075

Yoman.8075

Bacon? as in “Bacon Strips” ?

EpiceMealTime comes to mind … “Baconstrips…Baconstrips…Baconstrips…”

oh yeah!

in Crafting

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

It was possible to produce roast pig during beta:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Frying_Pan_

You still can – I picked up the cook’s outfit when it was on sale and it included the frying pan. I’m having a ridiculous amount of fun with the silly thing.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

in Crafting

Posted by: Chiatroll.7109

Chiatroll.7109

Are you serious? Veggie Burgers are in the game? I, for one, am offended by this. No meat = not a burger. This needs to be rectified immediately. Besides, would that not be cannibalistic for Sylvari?

They aren’t soybean plants. Is it canabalism when you eat a cow?

We (i’m a vegan in real life) also get veggie pizza and other stuff. I could kind of eat in this world before I’m killed by the fact that everything tries to kill you.

The question is if there are creatures made of meat with intelligence that wonder around only eating plants and veggies are there sylvari wondering around only eating the flesh of the living for similar moralilty reasons?

in Crafting

Posted by: Kasen.9032

Kasen.9032

Everything is better with bacon IMO!

in Crafting

Posted by: Tallenn.9218

Tallenn.9218

There’s no bacon????

What kind of a sick world is this???

in Crafting

Posted by: greyknight.3942

greyknight.3942

I must agree with the saddness of no bacon, but I can also understand it as it would be too easy to power level cooking and would likely break the GW2 economy as we all know you can simply add bacon to ANYTHING to make it better. This would be every recipe in the game would get a bacon recipe

Guild Officer of Unknown-Warriors
Server: Fort Aspenwood
www.unknown-warriors.com

in Crafting

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

Good Lord guys, you’re taking all of this way too seriously. I certainly didn’t go to war and if any of you decided to take things that way — that’s your problem. Do I have to start posting things in pink to make it clear? Yes, I am a vegan, yes I abhor bacon in real life but this is a game. I could care less if they put bacon into it in any form whatsoever.

It’s just a game. IRL, I’m a Ironman World Championship finisher, multiple marathon finisher (oh and I actually know exactly what my finishing times are too!), Long distance runner and swimmer. And I’m a vegan and my ranger has eaten cheeseburgers that my cook has conjured up in game. It’s just a game.

Aloha.

It was a joke. Calm down veggie tales.

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

in Crafting

Posted by: JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

Or bacon related produts that let you turn into the mighty Bacon Form!

in Crafting

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

Bacon is so powerful they had to rename it to “Revive Orb”

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”