Why can't we mystic forge superior runes?

in Crafting

Posted by: Andykay.5198

Andykay.5198

This seems like a weird decision. You can forge basically everything. Even items that can’t give you a tier upgrade, eg: yellow orbs, can still be forged for the chance to turn your unwanted items into something more useful. But with superior runes you can’t. If you get ones you don’t like, you’re left to sell them for just above cost on the TP, or in the case of dungeon runes which are soulbound, vendor them for 2s.

I can’t see any reason why you shouldn’t be able to forge them.

(edited by Andykay.5198)

in Crafting

Posted by: Strill.2591

Strill.2591

You can. You just can’t forge the Damage to X enemy runes.

in Crafting

Andykay.5198

No Superior runes show up in the mystic forge window. Only Major and Minor runes.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

No Superior runes show up in the mystic forge window. Only Major and Minor runes.

You can still get superior from 4 major.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in Crafting

Posted by: Kira.2903

Kira.2903

I think andykay meant that you cant put in the superior runs in the forge them self for a chance to upgrade them to something/another superior rune

S P E L L B O U N D —~--Mesmer —~--Human lvl 80
S P E L L B O R N —~--Necro —~--Sylvari lvl 80
I Kira I —~--Ele —~--Sylvari lvl 80

in Crafting

Posted by: Artorous.8573

Artorous.8573

You can, kinda, do it by tossing in 4 exotic weapons/armor pieces and the resulting piece may have a different rune in it. Not exactly what you’re getting at and I’d advise against doing it. Lol

in Crafting

Andykay.5198

I’m saying, it’s silly that I have a big stash of terrible superior runes and I can’t forge them to turn them into different superior runes. Every other equipable item in the game that I know of can be forged, but superior runes can’t. It makes no sense.

Even things like yellow orbs (beryl orb etc), which have no exotic equivalent, can be forged for the chance to get a different yellow orb.