Why did Jeweler not get increased?

in Crafting

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Given that Jeweler was the first crafting profession to be made obsolete by Ascended gear, it really makes me wonder why it did not get raised to level 500 and the ability to craft Ascended gear get added. When Ascended weapons get added, those 3 professions got increased, but not jeweler?

If possible, could we get a Dev response on this one? I really am curious to the reasoning here. Alternatively, a link to one?

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Crafting

Posted by: Eowin Of Rohan.2619

Eowin Of Rohan.2619

Because ascended gear comes from different sources, which is pretty nice.
→ Back from paying or fractals
→ rings from fractals
→ accessories from guild missions
→ amulets from daily/monthly achievements
→ weapons from crafting

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Because ascended gear comes from different sources, which is extremely irritating.

FTFY
When Anet agreed during the November AMA that the ascended really should be accessible through the multitude of options, instead of being locked to only one, they (as usual) understood it completely differently than anyone else. And so instead of all ascended eq being acquirable in multiple ways, we have every slot accessible through extremely narrow methods. Which, instead of locking us into one game mode (which was uniformly agreed as a bad idea), it now locks us into several game modes.
Choice is still practically non-existent, of course.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Crafting

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

They’re not locked to 1, rings/accessories/amulets are all available via laurels and wvw badges. Fractal completion and wvw rank chests can give rings. Guild missions can give earrings, the commendations they give do to. etc.

in Crafting

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

However, they really should be craftable as well, since right now, the jeweler discipline really has no purpose to level to 400 other than for Gift of Ice.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Crafting

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

They did say that weapons were first on the agenda, with Armor down the road a bit later in the year. I fully expect that Jeweler is the same as Armor, and will be implemented later.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

in Crafting

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

However, they really should be craftable as well, since right now, the jeweler discipline really has no purpose to level to 400 other than for Gift of Ice.

It has lots of purpose … people don’t just jump into Ascended trinkets at level 1.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

They’re not locked to 1, rings/accessories/amulets are all available via laurels and wvw badges. Fractal completion and wvw rank chests can give rings. Guild missions can give earrings, the commendations they give do to. etc.

I’ve never heard of anyone receiving an Ascended ring from a WvW rank chest. Are you sure it’s possible?

in Crafting

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

I’ve never heard of anyone receiving an Ascended ring from a WvW rank chest. Are you sure it’s possible?

it is, it’s a slim chance but it’s possible… Give them time, instead of tossing a metric F’ton of stuff into the game that con spring a ton of bugs for you to * at them about they’re adding little by little, designing more… Then adding more… They’re not going to leave certain proffessions worthless, be patient.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

Ascended jeweler isn’t ready yet – expect to see it early next year. There’s already a spot in the ascended materials tab for Xunlai Electrum Ingots, which is going to be the base material for ascended jewels.

in Crafting

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

The reasonable person in me says “because they wanted to see how the community reacted to the new system; the weapon crafting disciplines are being used as a trial balloon and will adjust jewel crafting and the armor crafting disciplines based on player feedback.”

The cynic in my says “because they’re pumping out Living Story content so fast they didn’t have enough time to finish jewel crafting or the three armor crafting disciplines. And rather than holding off until everything was ready, they shipped the weapon crafting disciplines just to give the carrot-chasers a reason to keep logging in.”

in Crafting

Player Character.9467

It’s really low chance, some1 I know that’s over rank 700 only got like 6 rings total.

The reasonable person in me says “because they wanted to see how the community reacted to the new system; the weapon crafting disciplines are being used as a trial balloon and will adjust jewel crafting and the armor crafting disciplines based on player feedback.”

The cynic in my says “because they’re pumping out Living Story content so fast they didn’t have enough time to finish jewel crafting or the three armor crafting disciplines. And rather than holding off until everything was ready, they shipped the weapon crafting disciplines just to give the carrot-chasers a reason to keep logging in.”

or ya know, so the economy wouldn’t explode?

in Crafting

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

I feel your pain OP. luckily, I can still sell exotic rings on the TP now and then. But it’s sad that the first Profession to bite the Ascended bullet will be the last to be attended to, assuming Armor comprises of that and they don’t pull the “LOL actually It’s a trinket, noob playerbase” card.

I ? Karkas.

in Crafting

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Xunlai_Electrum_Ingot
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bolt_of_Damask

Anet already has the systems in place to Craft Ascended Armor and Trinkets, and I bet that all the materials are already in place. The reason why they weren’t implemented all at once, I suspect, is because it would completely destroy the economy in one go, instead of just send it out of balance like the weapons did.

in Crafting

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

It has lots of purpose … people don’t just jump into Ascended trinkets at level 1.

No, but once you hit 80, there’s no reason to not just get the Ascended rings, skipping the craftable Exotics (and rares) entirely. Heck, it’s probably easier to get an Ascended ring than to get the mats to craft an exotic one.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Crafting

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

No, but once you hit 80, there’s no reason to not just get the Ascended rings, skipping the craftable Exotics (and rares) entirely. Heck, it’s probably easier to get an Ascended ring than to get the mats to craft an exotic one.

Whilst I agree with the OP’s general vibe, this part here is false. I craft exotic jewlery once a day (Usually a single amulet, earring or ring) and sell it on the TP for a profit because I farm my mats personally. It literally takes you five minutes.

I ? Karkas.

in Crafting

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

It doesn’t take 5 minutes to get 5 ectos.

in Crafting

Obtena.7952

That’s only relevant if you have a main character to collect guild tokens and laurels for ascended trinkets. It’s not easier to get the mats for Ascended trinkets than exotics. If your as setup to farm Ascended gear as you post indicates, then getting exotics is as simple as going to the TP. Claiming jeweler profession is obsolete is nonsense.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Crafting

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

That’s only relevant if you have a main character to collect guild tokens and laurels for ascended trinkets. It’s not easier to get the mats for Ascended trinkets than exotics. If your as setup to farm Ascended gear as you post indicates, then getting exotics is as simple as going to the TP. Claiming jeweler profession is obsolete is nonsense.

Laurels and guild tokens are account-bound anyway, so having “a main character to collect guild tokens and laurels for ascended trinkets” is actually irrelevant. Laurels are easy to get (though time-gated). Yes, there is a small window when you are generally better off to get exotic trinkets (but only trinkets), but it’s not like the Ascended stuff is difficult to get, and you can do that without bothering with Jeweler (actually, any other profession than Chef for rare crafting is an easy way to get ectos for those ascended trinkets).

So, yes, the Jeweler profession is obsolete for all but the most impatient of players and for those few legendaries that require it.

It doesn’t take 5 minutes to get 5 ectos.

or to mine all of that orichalcum (you average about 5 ingots per map, which involves a lot of travel time, and you need a minimum of 12 to make a single Exotic accessory, more for rings and amulets)

I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

in Crafting

Obtena.7952

The point isn’t if it’s ‘easy’ (It’s even EASIER to filter TP for exotic trinkets and buy them), the point is if people see an opportunity to provide to the market. I think it’s ridiculous to believe people won’t take jeweler because they THINK people will skip exotics/rares and go right to ascended trinkets from greens.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Crafting

Player Character.9467

Lots of people don’t bother to run fractals. All of them have to spend laurels on rings. There’s still a market for exotic rings especially among those that like to swap builds.

in Crafting

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

At least there are ascended trinkets to be had with or without crafting.

All you jewelers who are crying about an obsolete crafting profession should take a second to think about chef. That’s the last discipline that will ever get a thought toward lvl 500 and when it does the recipes will be so absurd and convoluted that you’d be better off learning to cook them in your own irl kitchen than jump through the higher level chef loops.

in Crafting

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Oh Chef I’m honestly really sad for on that front. I’m not sure how they will justify Chef 500 recipes, to be honest. Even worse would be balancing them.

As for why I don’t “supply the market” (I had crafted all my exotic jewelry before last November, so I didn’t care a whole lot myself), it’s because I can make more money by just supplying the materials instead of the finished product. It’s unfortunate, really.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Crafting

Posted by: Hell Avenger.7021

Hell Avenger.7021

Ascended food LOL, this sounds so funny

in Crafting

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

Angel food cake. Nuf said.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The problem with Laurels is that they’re time gated. If you have many builds or many alts, you do have a real problem getting Ascended trinkets that way.

in Crafting

Player Character.9467

Ascended food, 200g per craft, infinite uses of lvl 80 foods.

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

More like – add a vision crystal, get a 30 min level 400 recipe, but with more sparkles.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Crafting

Obtena.7952

It’s not hard to imagine how EASY it could be to propose ways for chef or jeweler to progress to 500. Most of the stat combos for ascended trinkets don’t even exist and there are infinite possibilities for stat/effect combos from food at the 500 level. Sorry, the sky isn’t falling.

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I would do it…

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa