Why didn't I get a clover

in Crafting

Posted by: Anivia.2638

Anivia.2638

I recently put in 60 coins,globs,obsi shards and crystal and got nothing but T6 mats.
Has this happened to anyone else or is my rng terrible?

in Crafting

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

your rng is almost as bad as mine, lets keep praying

Oceanic [LOD]

in Crafting

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

If you used Crystals that means you used the x10 recipe, where 6 failures in a row isn’t exactly all that difficult of a result to get. That’s why most people use the x1 recipe with Philosopher’s Stones. Law of large numbers makes it less risky.

in Crafting

Posted by: tmakinen.1048

tmakinen.1048

Using the 10-each recipe, the probability of not receiving a single clover after 6 tries is (2/3)^6 which is about 9% so your luck was not terrible, just “normal”.

If you had used the 1-each recipe, the probability of not receiving a single clover would have been (2/3)^60 which is so small that not a single player in the game could have luck that bad. The number of clovers you would have received would have been with good (one sigma) probability between 16 and 24.

This shows why it’s better to use the 1-each recipe. Incidentally, it also demonstrates the inherent flaw in the acquisition of precursors.

tmakinen of [SoF]

in Crafting

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

Everyone has different opinion about the recipes. In my opinion the 10 clover recipes are for the ppl who like to take the risk for the bigger reward. Also i would not start the 10 recipe forging unless i have all the materials for the 24 tries.

Personally i did the 1 clover recipe and managed to get my 77 clover on 209 tries what is around 37% success rate. Also (and that’s why i think the 1 clover recipe is safer) i had several times when i didn’t get clover for 20! forging (what is all your shot in the 10 clover recipe) and after that i got 6-8 clover in row.

If i were you, i would gamble all the materials, coins, crystals together for all the tries you need and do the 1clover recipe. In worst case you can sell the ectos and coins you haven’t used.

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

(edited by gaborkaldy.3210)

in Crafting

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

I made 154 clovers these days and always hope for bad luck and getting more t6 mats, as my ecto supply is infinite and I dont want to buy the other t6 mats for 2 new legendaries.
Not because I cannot affort, but I dont want to feed farmlings pockets.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in Crafting

Posted by: Nachtz.4930

Nachtz.4930

My GM got 10 clovers on 20 tries (recipe for 10 clovers). So basically, 1/20 success rate.

in Crafting

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I actually want the Tier 6 mats, not the clovers. Want to trade “luck”?

in Crafting

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

Why are people still doing the 10 recipe? on my 5th run now and still done under 250 attempts with the 1 recipe.

It’s not dumb luck anymore.

1+1 = potato

in Crafting

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Why are people still doing the 10 recipe? on my 5th run now and still done under 250 attempts with the 1 recipe.

Took me more than 250 using the 1 recipe only.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

in Crafting

Firegoth.6427

Took me more than 250 using the 1 recipe only.

So if you did it another 4 times, it would’ve been 1/5 bad run.
You’re allowed more fails with 1 than with 10.

1+1 = potato

in Crafting

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

I need a few hundred more T6 for my legendary gift so i decided to give the 10 clover recipe a go. So i was hoping to get T6 and not the clovers.

I dropped in 11 tries and received 40 clovers at the end. first 3 tries was 30 clover and got 10 more on 11th try. Finished up around -4 gold based on the loss on my ectos and the mystic coins though i was unlucky not getting for example 40 bloods.

RNG is RNG. Still i feel less danger in the 1 clover recipe.

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

in Crafting

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

My GM got 10 clovers on 20 tries (recipe for 10 clovers). So basically, 1/20 success rate.

I have a guildie who used the 10 clover method and got clovers 80% of the time! She so lucky (she has Dreamer, Incinerator, and Quip) – Lin I’m so Jelly

OP- Try the single method to be safe. (You will feel more rewarded – I know I do even if I am just stashing a few clovers a day)

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

in Crafting

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

That’s the way it goes sometimes, I feel for you
My friend was trying to make 77 clovers- all of the mats she had are now diminished next to nothing & she only has 32 clovers or close to it

Me on the other hand, I still have most of my mats to make them left over & I have all 77 clovers- I think the ‘luck’ factor should increase with each try.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zellax.7821

Zellax.7821

i got 150 shads the other day when Balthy was opened on SoS.
now im considering trying the recipe for the t6 fine mats rather than the clovers cause i dont see myself going for a legendary anytime soon…..

in Crafting

Posted by: Sandbenders.5027

Sandbenders.5027

I got 70 clovers (I know it’s 77) from 300 tries. Yes, rng is a kitten, or a puppy if you want.

in Crafting

Posted by: KyoHanakaze.8145

KyoHanakaze.8145

77/180 is my clover attempts for my second set, using mostly the 10 recipe. I got good results. A 33% chance is a 33% chance, your losses just seem larger with the 10 when realistically they aren’t.

I also got 38 bloods and 35 dust on two tries lol

HoD/Valkyria Immortalis[VLK]
Iverna//Ranger
Adrienne Stormborn//Elementalist

in Crafting

Firegoth.6427

77/180 is my clover attempts for my second set, using mostly the 10 recipe. I got good results. A 33% chance is a 33% chance, your losses just seem larger with the 10 when realistically they aren’t.

I also got 38 bloods and 35 dust on two tries lol

Don’t sell false information.
10 recipe is higher risk.

1+1 = potato

in Crafting

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

I actually want the Tier 6 mats, not the clovers. Want to trade “luck”?

If we do that, I think what will end up happening is both of us getting T6 leathers…

Oceanic [LOD]

in Crafting

Posted by: Qori.9671

Qori.9671

I did the 1 clover recipe until i had 7 , then from then on I did the 10. It sucked and I had the pretty standard 33% chance but I actually sold the tier 6 mats from failures to help pay for more attempts. kinda kicking myself now as I got a lot of powerful blood which I am still missing my stack of 250. It just felt better doing the 10 recipe for some reason.
I failed the first 2 times and almost didn’t keep going with the 10 , but I think after trying both out I liked the 10 better.

in Crafting

Posted by: eaxe.8570

eaxe.8570

Question- When I go to the forge to give a shot at the clovers, have everything in my inventory- i.e. 250 ectos, 250 coins, 250 P.stones and 250 shards- when I “click” on my inventory to launch a item into the forge- it takes all 250 of them. am I missing something? It should be one of each not all at one time right?

Thanks for any help…

(edited by eaxe.8570)

in Crafting

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

it will put the whole stack in but only take one (or 10, if your doing the 10x recipe) when you forge.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in Crafting

Posted by: eaxe.8570

eaxe.8570

It work as you said- thanks for the info- was nervous putting stacks in using it the first time….

Did get 22 clover’s using 1x recipes out of 50 tries.

in Crafting

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Some people took 400~, some people took 200~. RNG is RNG >_>

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.