World First Sunrise

World First Sunrise

in Crafting

Posted by: Firoz.4028

Firoz.4028

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/68910-the-long-awaited-legendary-greatsword-sunrise/

Today, 2nd October 2012 – after 10 days of waiting for patches – I was finally able to craft the legendary weapon Sunrise. In less than one month two players worked together on puzzling together the recipe and gathering all required materials in order to create one of the most epic weapons in the game.

http://upload.booncontrol.com/images/sunrise3.jpg

• Original sigil was “Superior Sigil of Force”

This achievement was not gained without sweat and tears. Since day one we set our sights on creating a Legendary and started slowly gathering all the pieces of the puzzle. Funding came from playing the Trading Post, especially volatile trading. No gems were bought with real $$, no exploits were used to farm dungeons, events or gain value, no server switching was used to gather materials. (except to find an unbugged and unlocked temple of Balthazar)

Highlights

25 aug : Pre-release launch
27 aug : Level 80 reached
30 aug : 100% World Completion, Gift of Exploration
30 aug – 3 sept : Time-out
- Gathering gold and clues in preparation of the craft -
6 sept : Mystic Clovers discovered
9 sept : Dawn crafted from the Mystic Forge
- Search for the last two unknown parameters in our Recipe.. -
11 sept : Gift of Magic and Gift of Might discovered. Found the final missing number of 77 clovers required.
Our recipe is now complete – several days before it was discovered publicly.
15 sept : Gaining levels / skill points is too slow. Deleted character and made a new one with the same name. All but Dungeon Tokens and Bloodstone Shard are Account-bound. Levelled back to 80 through crafting and skill challenges is fast.
16 sept : Finally 77 Mystic Clovers created, Gift of Fortune is crafted – No more RNG! :-)
- Several days of Karma farming and Dungeon running -
19 sept : Dungeon runs done, Gift of Light and Gift of Sunrise crafted
22 sept : Finished farming ALL the materials, including Karma. Temple of Balthazar event is bugged!
- Lots of waiting -
25 sept: Temple of Balthazar is unbugged. Got all my Obsidian Shards. Stacking them is bugged.
- Even more waiting -
2 oct: Dawn + Gift of Sunrise + Gift of Mastery + Gift of Fortune is combined to create Sunrise.

In the process we’ve created tools to keep track and visualize the puzzle:

http://upload.booncontrol.com/images/fullreege.jpg

The recipe itself is amazing, taking pieces from all over the world. I’d estimate the total cost including RNG over 400-500g, 1 mil karma and 400 skill points. If you are working toward your own, remember there is only a low chance a Mystic Clover will be crafted from the Mystic Forge. Other results can be 10-50 Tier 6 materials, Orichalcum Ingots, Mystic Coins, Obsidian Shards, Lodestones, Hidden Treasures, Crystals and Philosopher Stones! Some of the other materials are very tricky to obtain, such as the Lodestones, the Legendary Base weapon and all those Mystic Coins.

http://upload.booncontrol.com/images/progresswa.jpg

(edited by Firoz.4028)

World First Sunrise

in Crafting

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Gratz!

You craft one of the most difficult to obtain weapons and then you give it to an… asura?

One – Piken Square

World First Sunrise

in Crafting

Posted by: ImariKurumi.5761

ImariKurumi.5761

Nice!!! Craft a Twilight pls!!!

Btw, how you guys know you’re the first?

World First Sunrise

in Crafting

Posted by: Grey.7319

Grey.7319

Nicely done… nicely done.

IGN: Grey | Mesmer | Gandara
GW2 wiki profile | DeviantArt | GW2Guru Art Thread

(edited by Grey.7319)

World First Sunrise

in Crafting

Posted by: Aughard.6975

Aughard.6975

Congrats. Looks Legendary as well.

World First Sunrise

in Crafting

Posted by: brickforlife.1364

brickforlife.1364

Wow that is amazing, could any budding mathematicians work out the cost in USD for the heck of it?

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com
[DATE] www.tyriadating.com

World First Sunrise

in Crafting

Posted by: Painking.4703

Painking.4703

Wow that is amazing, could any budding mathematicians work out the cost in USD for the heck of it?

I’m no mathematician, but I do recall someone estimating the material cost and placed them arond 500-600g depending on mystic clover luck. But the end product of Legendaries themselves I would imagine vary between like 1000-2000g, depending on the weapon.

World First Sunrise

in Crafting

Posted by: Icon.2859

Icon.2859

Grats. How much money did you spend buying gold?

World First Sunrise

in Crafting

Posted by: Sisho.5431

Sisho.5431

A guy on our server finished the world’s second sunrise just earlier, got a screenshot of him and everything. Said he spent roughly 400g and it took him 260 tries to get the 77 clovers (about 550k karma).

Attachments:

Level 80 Elementalist/Warrior/Ranger/Mesmer
Leader and founder of [BIO] on Sea of Sorrows

World First Sunrise

in Crafting

Posted by: ShadowbaneX.6273

ShadowbaneX.6273

Awesome!

…so when is the combined one coming?

Heroes of the Horn [HotH] – Yak’s Bend

World First Sunrise

in Crafting

Posted by: LinseyMurdock

LinseyMurdock

Game Designer

Congrats on your Sunrise!!!!

Lead Designer – Living World

World First Sunrise

in Crafting

Posted by: dimgl.4786

dimgl.4786

I noticed the weapon’s text is Purple and not Red. Is this a change that needs to be reflected on the Wiki? I’m about to change it to Purple. Have all PvP items been changed to Purple as well?

World First Sunrise

in Crafting

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

Gratz man, looks awesome on your Azura. Seems like I have one kitten of a road to travel.

World First Sunrise

in Crafting

Posted by: Karasu.9483

Karasu.9483

The sigil was Sigil of Strength. And as far as we know all materials were gathered first. Only the Bifrost mats were collected around the same day.

World First Sunrise

in Crafting

Posted by: Firoz.4028

Firoz.4028

World First Sunrise

in Crafting

Posted by: raito.4085

raito.4085

Yeah and made by a french , like the level 80 world first was french too :P

SFR – [Opt] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqRdpJAUXqQ
Chuck Noriis – Warrior

World First Sunrise

in Crafting

Posted by: DyZ.2854

DyZ.2854

Congrats.

You managed to blow time by crafting a weapon that has very little, if any stat differential to exotics.

World First Sunrise

in Crafting

Posted by: Windklinge.4076

Windklinge.4076

congrats on beeing the first. now for the critiques:

since you just called RNG amazing i suggest you go play aion please. everyone who says RNG is good should just go and play aion.

now proof that you didnt buy gold with real money. you have none except your own word.

dont take this post personally guys i dont have anything aganist you personally. i am just ultra disappointed by the look(i just dont find it special at all the weapon model itself is ugly and a cool effect is not worth that amount of luck and gold needed)
and the ultra stupid clueless poor design decsion made by anet to make something like the only real endgame content totally based on something like GOLD and stupid clueless RNG methods which pretty much kills it for me because after i wasted over 2 years on aion i am forever done with anything thats heavy RNG OR currency based since i HATE that like nothing else since that time and i am never gonna waste my freetime with such stupid mechanics ever again. its a bad game design choice on any endgame content.

World First Sunrise

in Crafting

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

I think it looks amazing, and marks an amazing accomplishment!

World First Sunrise

in Crafting

Posted by: mbelcikuwh.1379

mbelcikuwh.1379

congrats!!!

you guys deserve the GS after what you’ve guys been thru…personally i love the design and the effects when the sword is wielded…

it’s an awesome feat that you guys dedicated your time by making Sunrise..

have fun guys

World First Sunrise

in Crafting

Posted by: Kalagon.3120

Kalagon.3120

Congrats on your Sunrise. As far as the base weapon Dawn how did you get it. I have heard you put it in 4 exotic greatswords and have a small change to get dawn or twillight, is this true? or do they only drop from priest events? I think this is were A net messed up the base weapons are going insane on the AH. These should be hard to make but you should still be able to and not have to hope your lucky day is here during some event.

World First Sunrise

in Crafting

Posted by: Katiechops.6807

Katiechops.6807

""since you just called RNG amazing i suggest you go play aion please. everyone who says RNG is good should just go and play aion.

now proof that you didnt buy gold with real money. you have none except your own word."

I don’t think he is saying the recipe is amazing as RNG really good way to do it but amazing hard due to the RNG and mats required its been well discussed in the guild and we all know Aion and its miragent craft etc had a member try 14 times! And we have plenty of member who have got shafted by it already in GW2 and are meh I give up on it.

As for the gold Firoz and Karasu busted thier balls on this and made a couple of thousand gold on the AH mainly by being slightly ahead of all the other Legendary crafters so were pretty much financed by all the others buying gems, getting guild help, asking for donations etc etc

The only real help they got from the guild was Dungeon groups, krama farming oh and 30 of us trying to unbug the temple when they got stuck there back on the 23rd of Sept when he should have got to craft his sword.

Other than that they did indeed do it all themselves in game and with out without real life money. lol infact they are both students who are perminatley broke and whine about it all the time mehaha glad I am old!

So yeah I understand your frustration at the rng element of this craft pretty much why I haven’t put any priority on it myself, might have one isn 6 months, might not…

www.booncontrol.com

World First Sunrise

in Crafting

Posted by: Strill.2591

Strill.2591

Other than getting the precursor, there’s very little RNG involved if you use the 1x Mystic Clover recipe rather than the 10x recipe.

World First Sunrise

in Crafting

Posted by: Karasu.9483

Karasu.9483

Other than getting the precursor, there’s very little RNG involved if you use the 1x Mystic Clover recipe rather than the 10x recipe.

Both recipes got the same chances.. It really doesn’t matter which one you use.

Also, like KC said, almost all the money was gained trough the TP and by being very fast we could get some items cheaper (remember when T6 spiked after Gift of Might and Magic were discovered?). The guild only helped for Dungeons, capping in WWW and that blasted temple.

As far as I know precursors drop from chests in dragon events and temple events. You should also be able to make them from rare/exotic level 75-80’s. Some people have reported success but mainly failures – specifically with crafted weapons of that level.

(edited by Karasu.9483)

World First Sunrise

in Crafting

Posted by: Cerise.9045

Cerise.9045

Both recipes got the same chances.. It really doesn’t matter which one you use.

Since the 1x recipe has a muuuuch higher sample size, the results have less outliers. So you’re much less likely to get bad luck and end up spending 300 shards to get 50 clovers like me.

Also… sunrise looks awesum drools

If I was a keep lord and I saw a guardian using that spin move outside my keep I’d just walk out and surrender.

(edited by Cerise.9045)

World First Sunrise

in Crafting

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

Congratz on the Sunrise. Also for all of you insulting him for getting something that is no better than an exotic you miss the entire point. Its one heck of a feat. Hats off to all those with legendary’s.

World First Sunrise

in Crafting

Posted by: Steven.8027

Steven.8027

This is from 2 weeks ago, but should be in the right ballpark.

For whoever is interested, I calculated the total cost of crafting Sunrise at current market prices.
Assuming 50% success rate getting Mystic Clovers and that you’re using 100 Charged Lodestones (which cost 93.43g, compared to a cost of 87.35g + 60 skill points if crafting them from Charged Cores).
The actual values will likely be lower, as I don’t envision the prices of any of the mats going up by a significant amount, but there’s a good chance a few of them will come down in the future, as more people have access to them. Also, you’ll be getting anywhere from 160 to 300 T6 mats while crafting the Clovers, which can cover about 50g.
The final cost is:
296 skill points, 100% World Completion, Gift of Battle (500 Badges of Honor), 500 Ascalonian Tears and 442.8 gold (for all the other mats that you can buy on the TP).
This gives the item a current net real life value of approximately $2041.308 (at the current rate of $4.61 per gold bought through the gem store) plus the time spent getting World Completion, Gift of Battle, farming Ascalonian Tears and farming an extra ~100 skill points via leveling (on top of all those gained on the way to 100% WC).

X Of Arnor

World First Sunrise

in Crafting

Posted by: Windklinge.4076

Windklinge.4076

""since you just called RNG amazing i suggest you go play aion please. everyone who says RNG is good should just go and play aion.

now proof that you didnt buy gold with real money. you have none except your own word."

I don’t think he is saying the recipe is amazing as RNG really good way to do it but amazing hard due to the RNG and mats required its been well discussed in the guild and we all know Aion and its miragent craft etc had a member try 14 times! And we have plenty of member who have got shafted by it already in GW2 and are meh I give up on it.

As for the gold Firoz and Karasu busted thier balls on this and made a couple of thousand gold on the AH mainly by being slightly ahead of all the other Legendary crafters so were pretty much financed by all the others buying gems, getting guild help, asking for donations etc etc

The only real help they got from the guild was Dungeon groups, krama farming oh and 30 of us trying to unbug the temple when they got stuck there back on the 23rd of Sept when he should have got to craft his sword.

Other than that they did indeed do it all themselves in game and with out without real life money. lol infact they are both students who are perminatley broke and whine about it all the time mehaha glad I am old!

So yeah I understand your frustration at the rng element of this craft pretty much why I haven’t put any priority on it myself, might have one isn 6 months, might not…

miragent? lmao. if you tought THAT was bad you didnt play long enough^^ it got even worser later on on some parts…. never ever again i am wasting my lifetime with RNG mechanics. anet needs to change this. dont make the same mistake RNGsoft (your publisher) did with aion back then. best way to destroy a comm.

World First Sunrise

in Crafting

Posted by: brokenserenity.4638

brokenserenity.4638

Grats on the legendary weapon, once i get to llvl 80 i may start the long road to crafting one myself, if i cant decide which of my characters i want to get a weapon for before then(i currently have a thief, a warrior, a guardian and a necromancer with my final slot undecided but likely to be either a mesmer or ranger) so i have a fair bunch of options for legendary weapons to aim for.