You forgot Giver's weapons

in Crafting

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Just a friendly reminder. Can’t find ascended weapon recipe in the list that does prec/vit/cond.duration.

No point grinding if i cant actually upgrade.

in Crafting

Posted by: Cold Hearted Person.6154

Cold Hearted Person.6154

True, my trip throu ascended weapons ended or rather it was cut short after i noticed that i cant craft Giver’s ascended inscription, guess i will stick to exotics.

If it is as intended from Anet side than…Great job guys!!! …sigh

in Crafting

Terrahero.9358

Probably they just forgot. But there is little point for me to submit myself to the grind of getting ascended if it means i’d hardly get an upgrade, if any at all.

If it is intented, then id say its very liberating. No need to grind, already got the best i can get.

in Crafting

Cold Hearted Person.6154

Well , if you do some fractal runs you have to keep in mind that you can add AR to ascended weapons too, so whitout them u cant go as high in fractal lvls as others who will use them.
And whether they forgot or not, im still excluded form part of new content.

(edited by Cold Hearted Person.6154)

in Crafting

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Maybe they’re going to save it until Wintersday and introduce the ascended version then.

in Crafting

Posted by: DXXXVIII.8927

DXXXVIII.8927

Yeah, loves my givers weapons and was happy as i read that they would add all existing statcombos as ascenden weapons… and now… im unhappy… no need to get ascended gear atm… loosing 20% condition duration would be just a downgrade

in Crafting

Terrahero.9358

Well technically you arent excluded yet. It takes atleast 2 weeks to craft an ascended weapon anyway. If by then they still havent added Giver’s then it would be a big issue.

Maybe they’re going to save it until Wintersday and introduce the ascended version then.

People will want to get their upgrade before then, and not having to stick to their exotic weapons untill wintersday.
And if they did want to delay Giver’s, they shouldnt have confused people by saying ALL combo’s were added to ascended weapons. Which again prompts me to believe they simply forgot.

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

in Crafting

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

“Because we wanted all stat combos in the game to be represented in Ascended Weapons, we have added new Exotic Inscriptions to the salvage tables on all non-crafted Exotic weapons and to drops where applicable.”

My guess as to their reasoning behind not having a recipe.

in Crafting

Cold Hearted Person.6154

Great…makeing ascended weapons become hell more expensive as giver’s weapons are not that common…

And its another rng drop that i have to look out for as not only i need dark mater but also inscription…

Well its still better than Soldier weapons as they need inscription that can only be bought from guild vendor.

(edited by Cold Hearted Person.6154)

in Crafting

Terrahero.9358

Actually im pretty sure i saw the Soldier stats as one of the options aswell from the recipe/inscription you buy.

I think litterally just Giver’s is missing from it.

in Crafting

DXXXVIII.8927

ah u can create giver gear from givers isncriptions cause its crafteable
u just need snowflakes which exploded in its price

in Crafting

Cold Hearted Person.6154

You are forgeting about the need of recipe to make them.

in Crafting

Terrahero.9358

You are forgeting about the need of recipe to make them.

This.

Using the Ascended Pistol recipe you should be able to select what kind of ascended pistol you are going to learn to craft.
Giver’s isnt on the list, therefor its currently not possible to craft a Giver’s weapon.

Secondly, if that recipe is to drop from a non-crafted Giver’s weapon i have a question, where are the non-crafted Giver weapons? As far as i know these are always crafted, so salvage would never yield the inscription.

in Crafting

Posted by: Dasboba.1652

Dasboba.1652

I’m sure they’ll add it later, but only put 12% on the weapons. Then we’ll rage when we only get 24% from 2 weapons and cap out at 99%. O_o

in Crafting

DXXXVIII.8927

Oh kitten … ur right. DARE U ANET!!! I WANT MY GIVERS PISTOLS!

in Crafting

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Aren’t giver weapons still broken in that the two handed weapons have the same condition duration as the one handed ones? Unless you craft one handed weapons, you aren’t missing out on much.

in Crafting

Terrahero.9358

Well not to much later i hope.

Im not sure Legendaries can get Giver’s either. And weapons do drop, very rarely, so you’d feel pretty kittenty if you got super lucky and you got an ascended drop. But ow, you cannot pick the Giver’s prefix you want.

in Crafting

DXXXVIII.8927

Theres no givers gear higher than exotic implemented… what i heard there is the possibility for legendarys to pick from all possible ascended-gear stats and they cant pick givers. therefore no ascended-givers…

in Crafting

DXXXVIII.8927

but if ur using one handed weapons… ur loosing 20% duration which u heavily need to reach the 100% cap. If u dont ull miss out the damagetick.

in Crafting

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

It’s very weird btw, i’d like an official answer about this.

I hope they can add it to ascended/legendary.

in Crafting

Cold Hearted Person.6154

Well i posted similar topic on SAB: Back to school subforum given the fact that Ascended are part of SAB update and ther is bigger dev activity, but so far no response.
Im guessing that we wont get any response and Ascended Giver’s inscriptions.

and yes i know that the update was not so long ago, but just look at how fast dev respond to SAB topics.

in Crafting

DXXXVIII.8927

Still no official answer?

in Crafting

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

Can we get an official answer on whether Anet simply missed this one or it’s intended please?

in Crafting

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Well i posted similar topic on SAB: Back to school subforum given the fact that Ascended are part of SAB update and ther is bigger dev activity, but so far no response.
Im guessing that we wont get any response and Ascended Giver’s inscriptions.

and yes i know that the update was not so long ago, but just look at how fast dev respond to SAB topics.

Its different devs responding.

The ones responding to the SAB threads are specifically the team in charge of SAB. Josh in particular has always been very active with answering questions about SAB itself, and it seems there’s another SAB team member who answers a fair bit now as well.

I doubt the SAB team has anything to do with Ascended gear. That’s a different dev group who would know anything about that, a group that doesn’t tend to answer posts as often or as quickly,.

in Crafting

DXXXVIII.8927

Yeah seems like crafting gets slow answers

in Crafting

DXXXVIII.8927

still no response?

in Crafting

Cold Hearted Person.6154

Nope

…heh…kitten , i think that i have the worst luck in this game, i mean im playing Engineer, not only i feel ignored by dev’s as an Engineer, so many bugs and broken mechanics, but also Legendaries have no meaning to me since im 90% of the time in kit and now i cant even get the Ascended weapons whit the stats i need… its…just great…

in Crafting

DXXXVIII.8927

Yeah mes as well… engineer xP

in Crafting

Terrahero.9358

Same…

Those stats are kind of a big deal. Weaponkits dont scale with Ascened either for some stupid reason, so the gain of upgrading is smaller then any other profession to begin with.

Losing the Giver’s stat and im better off with Exotic weapons.

in Crafting

DXXXVIII.8927

Yeah feels like: “ASCENDED WEAPONS an upgrade fo every class… except the engineer.”

in Crafting

Posted by: Gingelyr.3648

Gingelyr.3648

I think Giver’s was just totally overlooked in this upgrade. It’s not just missing from the Ascended recipes, it’s missing from the Legendary selection list.

in Crafting

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

And it would be nice know the reason.

in Crafting

DXXXVIII.8927

Maybe its their way to tell us that they dont want conditioner-builds in gw2

in Crafting

DXXXVIII.8927

in Crafting

Terrahero.9358

Absolutely rediculous.

Well so ends my grind for ascended weapons, not going to put in an effort just to nerf myself. Wouldnt want to take anets jolly away from them.