ancient bones

ancient bones

in Crafting

Posted by: robert.3475

robert.3475

ok i killed over 150 npcs in the frost place top map snow troll and grawls got no ancient bones and just one large bone.cursed shore killed over 200 npcs got 4 large bones no ancient bones this also includes salvaging stuff.im leaving this game this is outragous and quiet frankly down right mean to the players who have been a big fan of gw1 and gw2.last post i cant take it any more grind grind and grind and still no ancient bones

ancient bones

in Crafting

Posted by: Zythan.5723

Zythan.5723

Firstly, this doesn’t really belong in this section of the forum.

Secondly, may I ask why you’re spending so much time farming something you could buy off the TP for ~9s?

There’s much more efficient ways of making money in this game, and grinding purely for a specific material is usually less effective than speed runs of CoF or doing FotM. That said, if you hate the “grind” so much, perhaps a break will suit you well.

ancient bones

in Crafting

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

zythan! buying them from tp? you really want to destroy the fun.

seriously tho, quitting the game for the ancient bones?

ancient bones

in Crafting

Posted by: lolynot.1928

lolynot.1928

LOL. you made the choice to grind grind grind. Anet is not forcing you to do that. I play the game the way I want and the gold just piles up. I then use the gold to buy what I want.

ancient bones

in Crafting

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

If you killed as many things as you claim, you should have plenty of other fine mats (bloods, venoms, totems, dust, etc.) that you can effectively “trade” for ancient bones by selling them on the TP and buying what you want. Farming directly for one material is just not efficient.

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

ancient bones

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Could be you’re hunting int he wrong places – most critters seem to have 2 fine mats they can drop (critters that drop bags having a wider possible range but also way lower amounts of any particular material).

Were you hunting mobs that actually dop bones? Cause grawl and snow trolls don’t fit that description in my experience. Grawls drop bags and totems. Trolls I know far better for blood than bones.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

ancient bones

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Grawl bags sometimes drop Bones, but they’re not a very good source for them, I find. I tend to get the most Bones by farming Skritt and (occasionally) Oozes. Oozes tend to drop a mixture of fine mats, however, so they’re not a very good source either.

ancient bones

in Crafting

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

350 NPC is nothing in CS. Probably you could do it in 30 min if you farm events or the worms on the coast. I am farming madly Heavy Bags because i need T6 for legendary. I have killed thousands of Risen and worms in the past 1 week and my experience is that they do drop T6 alone, including bones. Or you can just sell the white,blue,greens / heavy bags and buy T6 from them, or open heavy bags.

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

ancient bones

in Crafting

Posted by: Christina.1528

Christina.1528

I have better luck with ancient bone farms doing the grawl in Frostgorge. I get the occasional drop of them along with totems plus the bags. I also get them doing moldy bag runs in Orr.

I know that a lot of people will tell you to go grind CoF or something similar and buy what you need, but there are a lot of players who are out to earn their mats (whether that is deemed stupid to someone else – it’s what I’m doing and I enjoy this kind of grind rather than a dungeon grind.) I am farming for several different mats, so when I’m experiencing low drops for a particular area – instead of staying for the rest of my farming time – I move on to another area for mats I need and just farm there, usually with decent results. I make my own luck. :P

[PM] Dragonbrand Originals
Meiaya – Ranger | Stasija – Mesmer
[PM] Project Mayhem

ancient bones

in Crafting

Posted by: Sebulon.7683

Sebulon.7683

I want to see your post about Powerful Blood.

I’ve been farming Orr pretty casually for about 2 months now for my legendary. I have 150-200 of most of the mats. And a little over 100 Powerful Blood.