Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

armors must be reworked !
rare heavy berserker gloves status
Defense: 161
+ 2 Critical Damage
+ 30 Power
+ 21 Precision

exo heavy berserker gloves status here status must be 2 times stronger then rare !
Defense: 182 (360)
+ 2 Critical Damage (4)
+ 34 Power (60)
+ 24 Precision (42)

Zojja’s Warfists ascended must be 4 times stronger then rare
Defense: 185 (720)
+36 Power (120)
+26 Precision (84)
+2% Critcal Damage (8)

why ?
i don’t feel powerful at all having full ascended gear is the same as having full exo no status difference at all ! why is that ? i don’t get it o_o
oh oh new players complain “it is to hard to gear up wa wa wa” of course it is !
to progress in a game you need to input time and effort in it !

ascended must be the top tear, the best of the best, and you must feel powerful wearing it !
it is time to stop with the fashion show and give us status difference

buffing armors and weapons you need to buff everything else. dung, mobs, bosses, events.
a net you don’t play this game i know that but i will tell you 1 last thing ! i spend time leveling up and gearing up, 90% of the time i play with reduced status (scaling)
what was the point in leveling up then ? can we all stay on 1 level (level 0) and have 1 armor and weapon type (week armor with negative status) and we all stay in la showing off how pretty we all look
no combat, no skill, just pretty armors

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

ascended items must be stronger!

in Crafting

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

Ascended items needn’t be stronger. Even with best in slot gear the game should be challenging. It is already bad enough that they are better then exotics and don’t just have an infusion slot, thereby forcing you to do the grind.
The only thing they additionally need – in my opinion – is the ability to unlock stat combos, an option to change between all unlocked ones whenever out of combat, and the use of fully unlocked ascended items as legendary precursor (Ad: See my signature for more information).

in Crafting

Posted by: Elvahaduken.3609

Elvahaduken.3609

Yes it would be amazing if they were better, so ya know, people actually had something to aim for in this game instead of everyone trying to look like a special snowflake. this is why games like WoW are king.

even if they did up the stats to ascended they would have to add additional ways to get it rather than crafting, ie bosses.

w/e though, this game is sucking right now

Klaus Night (Necro)/ Elvahaduken (Engi) [TaG] Gunnars Hold

in Crafting

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Don’t worry, next tier will be stronger!

in Crafting

Svetli.4276

prob with +1 or 2 on the status
i am sick of this fashion show !

in Crafting

Posted by: Nub.2391

Nub.2391

yep. and if itsnt protested for being grind/gear treadmill then he would’ve get Legendary armor by now and maybe super legendary armor and Ascended super uber legendary armor.
and maybe Guild wars 2 should change it name to Gear Wars 2.

in Crafting

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Yup, and 6 months after it’s introduced, the next tier will be nerfed too, just like Celestial Ascended.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Crafting

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I agree that Ascended should be reworked.

Where we differ in opinion is that I believe Ascended should have the exact same stats as Exotic but have the infusion slot added.

I also believe that more content should be added that utilizes Agony.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Crafting

Posted by: Exquisitor.5076

Exquisitor.5076

The poor stat itemization is one reason why I stopped crafting ascended gear. The other reason is that if you look at the cost to make each tier (rare, exotic, ascended), the ascended gear is vastly overpriced. As far as I can tell, only the ascended weapons are really worth making.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Haha, 720 armor on a pair of gloves. You are kidding, right?

161*4 equals 644 and 720.

But with that kind of base defense, nothing in pve would do ANY damage to you.
It would also make downscaling OP, as you would have 4 times more defense than a lvl 60 player in rare gear in a lvl 60 region.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Heck NO! That would be a hideous mistake for the game.
Too many people hate crafting and there is no reliable way to get ascended without crafting.
One of the worst ideas this game has had was to create “must craft” items.

in Crafting

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

It would also make downscaling OP, as you would have 4 times more defense than a lvl 60 player in rare gear in a lvl 60 region.

Not to mention what it would do to people upscaled in world events.

in Crafting

Posted by: Myrias.8732

Myrias.8732

I’m confused, it sounds like someone bought this game hoping it’d be another MMO with vertical gear progression.

This game was shipped as a horizontal gear progression-based game (looks > stats). Whether they stuck to this or not with Ascended is up to debate… but the fact someone wants the power level between rarities to be raised is laughable.

Myrias Faust – Mesmer
Victory or Death [VoD] – Yak’s Bend

in Crafting

Svetli.4276

YES YES that is have to be ! you must feel strong having that armor and weapons !
the game will scale you anyway so what is the point of having the top tear right now ?
even the skins sux !

in Crafting

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

no combat, no skill, just pretty armors

Because “skill” totally means having better stats than the next guy. Emm-I right? :P

NSPride <3

in Crafting

Posted by: Fext.3614

Fext.3614

Ascended stuff = agony resistance. Enough said…

in Crafting

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

Heck NO! That would be a hideous mistake for the game.
Too many people hate crafting and there is no reliable way to get ascended without crafting.
One of the worst ideas this game has had was to create “must craft” items.

Correction: “must craft” items who are account bound, who’s most annoying bits are also account bound and force you into a farming grinder…

I think the costs are high…even dumb for what you actually get, but sustainable for now. Just for the love of… take your dragonite, empyreal and bloodstone costs and… go snort your vision crystals. Weapons need not require a full vision crystal, and frankly.. 1 would be quite enough for a full armor set in my rather unique and typically ignored/hated opinion. I got plenty of other posts ranting on these so if you’re interested, click my name and have fun on your forum safari -.-