'bout Ectoplasm

'bout Ectoplasm

in Crafting

Posted by: Tysefol.2017

Tysefol.2017

Hullo,

I had heard that ectoplasm was a good way to get money, and so by farming fractals I got a few l80 rares. I used my old BL kits to deconstruct them, however all I got would be 1 mithril ore or 2 leather straps, 0 ectoplasm on 4 rares.

I’m getting a bit annoyed as each rare could have been sold around 20s minimum, that’s almost a gold coin wasted. I wouldn’t want to continue on that – has the ectoplasm drop rates changed ? Are they acquired differently now ?

'bout Ectoplasm

in Crafting

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

Ecto drop rate hasn’t changed, you’re just unlucky. RNG is RNG.

It’s always something you should consider, either sell the rare, or wager the salvage.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

'bout Ectoplasm

in Crafting

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

Best way to get them is to do dungeons. Do all 3 paths of CoF, which is 180+ tokens. Buy 6 rare items that are 30 tokens a pop. Salvage them with master salvage kit to get 0-3 ectoderm per. That’s what I do.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

'bout Ectoplasm

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Hullo,

I had heard that ectoplasm was a good way to get money, and so by farming fractals I got a few l80 rares. I used my old BL kits to deconstruct them, however all I got would be 1 mithril ore or 2 leather straps, 0 ectoplasm on 4 rares.

I’m getting a bit annoyed as each rare could have been sold around 20s minimum, that’s almost a gold coin wasted. I wouldn’t want to continue on that – has the ectoplasm drop rates changed ? Are they acquired differently now ?

you gambled and lost, just move on.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

'bout Ectoplasm

in Crafting

Posted by: Tysefol.2017

Tysefol.2017

So I’m supposed to get a few ectoplasm per rare ? Wew, that’s new.

Also, I’ve heard Black Lion salvage kits didn’t have true 50% rare salvage rate, is it true ? I mean, could that be my problem ?

EDIT : First ecto at 9th rare, geez.

(edited by Tysefol.2017)

'bout Ectoplasm

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Read the salvage kit descriptions. Its % chance of “RARER” materials, not “RARE”. It affects the metal/leather/cloth tier returned.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

'bout Ectoplasm

in Crafting

Posted by: Tremain.4623

Tremain.4623

Just got 7 ectos out of the 4 rares i got in cof, rng is rng.

'bout Ectoplasm

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

with BLSK, I get about 1.4ish ecto per rare. You just got unlucky. you can get 0-3 ectos per lvl 68-80 rare. sometimes I have a string of good luck and get like 22 ectos from 10 rares

'bout Ectoplasm

in Crafting

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Read the salvage kit descriptions. Its % chance of “RARER” materials, not “RARE”. It affects the metal/leather/cloth tier returned.

Exactly. All it affects is your chance to get Oricalchum rather than Mithril and so on. Personally I just used my Mystic Forgestones and threw together a Mystic Salvage Kit. That beauty gives lots of Ectoplasms and have 250(!) total uses.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

'bout Ectoplasm

in Crafting

Posted by: Field Marshal.7946

Field Marshal.7946

With the amount of time, cost for the kits, you might as well just purchase them off the TP.

'bout Ectoplasm

in Crafting

Posted by: LFk.1408

LFk.1408

The true salvage rate of Mystic (and I assume Master) kits is 0.9 ectoplasm / rare. This is from personal data on (at present) 15,000 rare salvages. I was confident enough in the rate that I’m going to stop tracking.

I don’t have a large sample size with BLSKs, but I’ve been told it’s 1.4.

The reason you may find a string of rares with no ectoplasm quite often, is because the binary result is something more like 50/50. But the reason that the rate isn’t 0.5 is because you occasionally get 2 or 3 ectoplasms on a single salvage.

'bout Ectoplasm

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

thanks for the info, LFk. I’m trying to figure out the percentage of getting each amount, any ideas?
for Mystic, if the amounts are 44% for 0, 32% for 1, 16% for 2, 8% for 3, that’s 0.88 ecto/rare. maybe close?
for BLSK, I’d estimate the amounts to be closer to 25/25/25/25, making the average be 1.5 ecto/rare. 21/32/32/15 would give 1.41 ecto/rare.
we really should gather data and give everyone a definitive number on this.
If I could spend these commendations, I’d have enough kits to get a good first impression

'bout Ectoplasm

in Crafting

Posted by: Edragor.9164

Edragor.9164

12 rares and 0 ectos was my worst rng…

But the more you salvage the more stable your ecto income will be.
If you want to make money by salvaging for ectos, you should at least go for 30-50 (crafted or otherwise obtained) rares.

After crafting & salvaging countless of leather boots, I would agree on the 0.9 factor someone posted above.

For 100 rares you will end up most of the times with something between 80-90 ectos per “run/turn”.
Sometimes you might end up only with 70-80 and once i got around only 63 (or something) from 100x lvl80.
But also got 112 once from 100 salvaged items.

Depending on how cheap you bought your craft ressources in relation to the current ecto price, even with 60 ectos from 100 items you can still be on the Plus side.

P.S.: I hate the “do you want to salvage this rare?” popup box. And I need some bigger rare salvage kits …(25 uses…)
I currently craft like 2000-3000 mats (bones, blood, whatever is cheaper atm) which nets me some 200-300 ectos per “run”…and looking at TP data there are other players which can afford to put like 500-1000 ectos at once in the TP every day.
…and crafting 500-1000 leather or silk takes some time, too… (Craft time speedup is capped..why?!)

(edited by Edragor.9164)