cheapest professions to 400

in Crafting

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

what would you rank them in from cheapest to most expensive?

I have my warrior sitting at level 40 and really can’t be bothered to go through the tedium of leveling anymore.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

in Crafting

Posted by: xanthic.9478

xanthic.9478

Always Current Crafting Guides: http://gw2crafts.net
Updated every 20 minutes based on current TP prices.

in Crafting

colesy.8490

Are the prices all up to date?

I remember trying to level cooking and … something else … and there were a bunch of things worth like 30 silver each and I needed 25 of them.

in Crafting

Posted by: SeNoZinD.9874

SeNoZinD.9874

Updated every hour. Unless the price of an item changed dramatically in 1 hour, they’re pretty accurate.

in Crafting

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Warrior would be the cheapest profession to level.

in Crafting

Posted by: Phoxly.4109

Phoxly.4109

Keep in mind 1-400 crafting only gives you 7 levels now…

in Crafting

colesy.8490

Even for crafting professions that didn’t get 100 extra levels?

in Crafting

Posted by: SeNoZinD.9874

SeNoZinD.9874

Even for crafting professions that didn’t get 100 extra levels?

I maxed out leatherworking on my mesmer, she only went to lvl 61 to 68. Soooo yes.

in Crafting

Posted by: Celestial.4381

Celestial.4381

Jewelcrafting is usually a good place to start because you can essentially supply it with a single type of gathering (mining), and unlike the other crafts that use ore, you don’t have to refine the ore with vendor mats like tin, primordium, or whatnot. Also, the prices of the jeweler-only metals used at the middle tiers (Silver and Gold) are fairly cheap right now.

Cooking is usually not too bad to level, although some mats can be overly pricey (Chili Peppers, for example). Also, many cooking mats can be bought with karma. Just gather whatever you come across out there, and find a good guide for leveling up efficiently.

Leatherworker and Tailor can be relatively inexpensive if you can get leather and cloth scraps on the cheap. Leather in particular is usually fairly inexpensive. Fine crafting materials can get pricey, though, depending on the tier. One way I’ve found to get around buying a lot of (potentially pricey) fine mats when leveling these crafts is to discover/craft bags or packs for part of each tier. This will require buying pricey vendor mats (Runes of Holding), but the good thing about bags and packs is that you can usually sell them for around a break-even price (or maybe even a slim profit) on the TP, and therefore recoup some of your costs.

All of the crafts that involve making weapons are expensive to level right now, mostly due to the high price of the various types of wood. One exception is Artificer, which you can level by discovering and crafting potions. But unlike crafted gear, which can actually be sold for over vendor price now (wasn’t always this way), crafted potions typically don’t sell for much at all, so in that way it’s a money sink.

in Crafting

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

http://gw2crafts.net/
this site has the cost for each crafting profession.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot