cultural armor

cultural armor

in Crafting

Posted by: Naturemastr Artemos.4021

Naturemastr Artemos.4021

Q:

I’m not sure if this is the best place for this but it seemed the most relevant. Why was cultural armor made 10x more expensive? Isn’t this a little ridiculous? I mean I would be fine if we used karma for it, but 120g for a set of armor that looks a little different? Isn’t this kind of extreme?

cultural armor

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

120g is perfectly fine.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

cultural armor

in Crafting

Posted by: Revan.6259

Revan.6259

Well, in the end, it’s just a look. If it’s too expensive, then find another look you like, and go for that instead.

If the T3 cultural armor look is what you absolutely must have, then you’ll have to save up a lot of gold for it.

cultural armor

in Crafting

Naturemastr Artemos.4021

well i guess my question is why raise it from 10g to 120g? Was there a reason for this? Also since cultural weps cost karma, why can’t we use karma to by cultural armor?

cultural armor

in Crafting

Posted by: Berkut.2837

Berkut.2837

Well, I suppose the same thing could be said about legendaries. Ultimately though, somethings will be priced exceptionally higher than others. It gives something for people who like to strive towards farming related goals (myself included sometimes) that thing to work for. It ultimately doesn’t limit ones effectiveness to have these items in the game, as they don’t impact your combat capabilities.

As a result, I don’t think that it is a negative to have high priced items in the game (such as cultural gear). In fact, I think it adds to the game, since it adds something to do for that group of players that are looking to grind to get it.

Auri Nimayil: Lvl 80 Thief (Kaineng)

cultural armor

in Crafting

Revan.6259

well i guess my question is why raise it from 10g to 120g? Was there a reason for this? Also since cultural weps cost karma, why can’t we use karma to by cultural armor?

When did they raise it? The T3 cultural armor has been 120g for as long as I can remember. The T2 armor is in the ballpark of 10g, maybe you’re thinking of that?

cultural armor

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Because:

The cost of T1 is appropriate relative to the level you can get it at
The same with T2

The cost of T3 is also appropriate for level 80s, considering it’s an “end-game” cultural set.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

cultural armor

in Crafting

Naturemastr Artemos.4021

Nope, a month or two ago the cost per piece was 2g not 20. Unless I’m really wrong. But i looked at it alot. I was just too poor then to buy any

cultural armor

in Crafting

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

It is okay since it is purely a vanity item. Unlike T1 and T2, the stats are horrible for it’s level. The only reason to buy it is to transmute the appearance.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

cultural armor

in Crafting

Revan.6259

Nope, a month or two ago the cost per piece was 2g not 20. Unless I’m really wrong. But i looked at it alot. I was just too poor then to buy any

You sure? I just looked through all the patch notes back through September and couldn’t find anything about the prices being changed.

cultural armor

in Crafting

Naturemastr Artemos.4021

right but it’s not like im crafting it in the MF and gathering mats for it. Also, unlike all other engame stuff that you can buy off npc’s, it costs alot of gold and not karma (which btw there really isn’t much use for if you’re not going for a legendary and if balth is not done on your server)

cultural armor

in Crafting

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

You are wrong. It has always been expensive except right at launch where there was a glitch with the pricing.

This is a skin that is supposed to be uncommon and one you work or strive for. I have not problem with the pricing. I do not make money hand over fist either.

I wanted the T3 asuran cloth armor for my mesmer. When I hit 80 I had saved up enough after a short bit for my head piece. Then I saved up and eventually bought my chest piece. I have since then saved up for the gloves and the feet. I will eventually buy the shoulders but not sure on the legs as I like the skin that I have for the legs better.

It’s a choice. If you like the look WORK for it slowly. If you don’t like it and don’t feel it’s worth the money… move along.

It’s a simple decision.

cultural armor

in Crafting

Malediktus.9250

It always has been 120g from headstart on

cultural armor

in Crafting

Naturemastr Artemos.4021

I have no problem working for it, so please don’t put words in my mouth. My issue was that I was pretty sure it was cheaper at the start but guess not, and I’m ok with that. Now why does this cost gold and not karma like the cultural weps?

cultural armor

in Crafting

Malediktus.9250

Because its a gold sink.

cultural armor

in Crafting

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

120g is perfectly fine.

No, it isn’t. If nothing else, it’s WILDLY out of line with the price of cultural weapons.

Cultural weapons: 9800 karma → 35000 karma → 63000 karma (t2 is about 3 and 1/2 times as much as t1, and t3 isn’t quite twice t2)
Cultural armor: 2.8 g → 7.1 g → 119 g (t2 costs a little over twice t1, then t3 is almost twenty times more expensive than t2)

cultural armor

in Crafting

Malediktus.9250

Wildy out of line? Its a prestige armor, if anything it should have been more expensive. You can farm 119g in like 30 hours, not too much for the most expensive armor.

cultural armor

in Crafting

Posted by: Tomoyo.3482

Tomoyo.3482

if you played gw1 you had the options of 1.5k armor or 15k. the same thing applies here. just a fashion statement so to say. and good or bad a good amount of the T3 armor is nice x.×...

cultural armor

in Crafting

Revan.6259

120g is perfectly fine.

No, it isn’t. If nothing else, it’s WILDLY out of line with the price of cultural weapons.

Cultural weapons: 9800 karma -> 35000 karma -> 63000 karma (t2 is about 3 and 1/2 times as much as t1, and t3 isn’t quite twice t2)
Cultural armor: 2.8 g -> 7.1 g -> 119 g (t2 costs a little over twice t1, then t3 is almost twenty times more expensive than t2)

I think the point is that, like legendary weapons, they don’t want everyone running around in T3 armor. It’s a prestige thing.

cultural armor

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I think the point is that, like legendary weapons, they don’t want everyone running around in T3 armor. It’s a prestige thing.

I think with the kitten litter-box droppings that happen in the tradepost every day adding to the distorted income between adventurers and traders, attaching “prestige” to anything that costs coin is a joke.

“Nice armor. You must be an awesome trader.”

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

cultural armor

in Crafting

Revan.6259

I think with the kitten litter-box droppings that happen in the tradepost every day adding to the distorted income between adventurers and traders, attaching “prestige” to anything that costs coin is a joke.

“Nice armor. You must be an awesome trader.”

Well, frankly, yeah. Lets be honest here. I’m jealous of people who know how to play the TP well. While I wish there were other good ways to get coin, I still think that people who are good enough to flip stuff on the TP deserve the rewards they get, as long as they’re not exploiting the game or exploiting the community by controlling precursor prices. I don’t get why everyone hates TP traders – the only feeling I have towards them is a little bit of envy. Anyway, what I’m saying is that TP traders deserve prestige same as anyone, because they’re accomplishing something not everyone can do.

cultural armor

in Crafting

Malediktus.9250

TP trading is not an accomplishment, its a lazy way to get around working for stuff.