different weapon skins

different weapon skins

in Crafting

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

Been working on my smithing and am now making darksteel weapons. Is there something i need to do to unlock diferent item skins? Every single weapon looks the same! I saw a guy last week with a gw1 ball hammer and he mentioned it was crafted. I`m not sure if you have to discover the recipies for them or what ever. I noticed someone in a different post mentioned getting the insignias of the vendor. so I bought one and made the insignia, then made a new weapon with the rare insignia and that weapons looks like everything else I can craft too.

How does a weaponsmith get access to different weapon skins?

different weapon skins

in Crafting

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

The rare-versions of different weapon tiers have different skins (IE: Krait weapons for the Level 8Ø rares, Ogre weapons I believe are the tier before, etc.)

Then there are some that you can get from karma-vendor recipes out in the world (Godskull and the like)

And then there are a few like the Destroyer weapons that you can craft via discovery at 4ØØ.

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

different weapon skins

in Crafting

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

So what you are saying is everything i craft below lvl 80 and lvl 400 crafting will have the same look as lvl 1 junk? Are the lvl 400 insignias the skins or just higher stats? I have yet to craft a rare. I bought a rare insignia, but when I did the combine it gave me a green weapon.