exact list of mats you need for 500

in Crafting

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

anyone who reach lvl 500 weapon smith can you link a list of mats i need and discoveries for the cheapest and fastest way to reach lvl 500 (400-500)

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

in Crafting

Posted by: garganor.9824

garganor.9824

400-425 – refine ancient logs and ori ore. (chuck in some mithril gear you haven’t discovered yet to get you past the post if needed.

425-450
Discovering new ori recipes nets maybe 4 levels each, so 7 discoveries
- 35 plated dowels (105 ori, 70 ancient)
- 35 ecto
- 35 t6 mats
- 35 ori for dagger / shield parts

If my numbers are incorrect, my apologies, but its a rough guide to 450

in Crafting

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

the real fun is starting after 450

after 450 you have to choose , between the cost of 100 gold for mats and a procedure lasting in two hours or to wait a month + to re-craft once a day the two 450 inscriptions .

if they didn’t had remove our previous learned exotics all ppls should follow only the second procedure

(edited by Reborn.2934)

in Crafting

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

After 450 you can refine some ascended tier 7 materials to give you about 10 extra levels. The best way is using Bloodstone Dust as there is no cooldown and are easy to farm. Getting to 500 requires crafting exotics (fast way) or discovering exotic recipes (slow way). The slow way is cheaper than the fast way. Discoveries net much more XP.

in Crafting

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

I just left it at 450 for now. I’ll come back to it when I can actually craft the kitten things. Maybe prices will be a bit lower then.

in Crafting

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

I had more then 100 gold and tons of materials. Now i am at 466 and i have nothing! No gold, no material just nothing!
I start to play this game becouse it was supposed to be without that farming/grinding time wasting boring thing. And what do i have to do now? Farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm farm, farm, farm, farm, craft, farm, farm, farm farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm.
I am seriosly consicering quiting the game becouse they are doing exactly what they sworn to never do!

in Crafting

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

400-425 – refine ancient logs and ori ore. (chuck in some mithril gear you haven’t discovered yet to get you past the post if needed.

425-450
Discovering new ori recipes nets maybe 4 levels each, so 7 discoveries
- 35 plated dowels (105 ori, 70 ancient)
- 35 ecto
- 35 t6 mats
- 35 ori for dagger / shield parts

If my numbers are incorrect, my apologies, but its a rough guide to 450

le bookmark

in Crafting

Posted by: CrazyDuck.4610

CrazyDuck.4610

I had more then 100 gold and tons of materials. Now i am at 466 and i have nothing! No gold, no material just nothing!
I start to play this game becouse it was supposed to be without that farming/grinding time wasting boring thing. And what do i have to do now? Farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm farm, farm, farm, farm, craft, farm, farm, farm farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm.
I am seriosly consicering quiting the game becouse they are doing exactly what they sworn to never do!

No ones forcing you to craft ascended so..

YouWish – Guard
DragonBrand – [Agg] Aggression

in Crafting

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

My concern is the 450+ stretch. Is it true that the ascended material refinement will only get you to about 470? Is that just the base refinement and not the timed parts or including those? If I still need to discover to get that last bit, roughly how many discoveries are we looking at?

in Crafting

Posted by: TheLordQ.1857

TheLordQ.1857

At 475, the only thing that gives xp is crafting/discovering exotics. All the new stuff is grey and dead.

in Crafting

daros.3407

No i am forced becouse i need them for fractals and chance to drop them is so low that noone can rely on it. So?

in Crafting

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

At 475, the only thing that gives xp is crafting/discovering exotics. All the new stuff is grey and dead.

So roughly how many more discoveries? I know they give less XP the higher your craft level, so the seven or so from 425-450 shouldn’t be enough.

Since the actual Ascended weapons are built in so many stages of refinement, they really should have staggered it more.

in Crafting

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

No i am forced becouse i need them for fractals and chance to drop them is so low that noone can rely on it. So?

You dont need them for fractals at all, stop crying because you want a handout.

in Crafting

daros.3407

You know nothing about fractals. I need it! Withou high enoght AR you can not do 50+ fractals. YOU NEED ASCENDED WEAPONS FOR FRACTALS!

in Crafting

Shifu.4321

He spent 100g and a lot of mats. he’s not asking for a handout. Anyway, you literally need it for fractal 50+.

And yeah, the cost is pretty kitten ridiculous.

in Crafting

daros.3407

He spent 100g and a lot of mats. he’s not asking for a handout. Anyway, you literally need it for fractal 50+.

And yeah, the cost is pretty kitten ridiculous.

Thank you at least someone understand the problem.

in Crafting

Posted by: tinetcat.3026

tinetcat.3026

You know nothing about fractals. I need it! Withou high enoght AR you can not do 50+ fractals. YOU NEED ASCENDED WEAPONS FOR FRACTALS!

No offense intended, but you are complaining you have to farm to get ascended weapons so you can then keep on FARMing fractals… oh wait!

Btw, I had 137 gold, now I’m sitting at 113 gold, one of my toons is at 456 and another one is at 423, and didn’t have many materials so i had to buy some of them… i don’t understand how you spent that much gold. Buying components to craft exotics maybe?

in Crafting

Posted by: Sol Solus.3167

Sol Solus.3167

It’s very cheap as long as you had saved mats. From 425-450 I used a crafting booster and discovered all the superior sigils and crafted 6 exotic weapons. I only spent 32s on a silver doubloon. I’ve made roughly 25g from selling ascended mats. I’m at 460 now and in no rush.

Rainmeter overlays:
World Boss Timer | WvW Map

(edited by Sol Solus.3167)

in Crafting

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

…..Btw, I had 137 gold, now I’m sitting at 113 gold, one of my toons is at 456 and another one is at 423, and didn’t have many materials so i had to buy some of them… i don’t understand how you spent that much gold. Buying components to craft exotics maybe?

It’s the 450-500 that’s expensive.
1-400 : less than 20g probably
400-500 : 100g+

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Crafting

Posted by: tinetcat.3026

tinetcat.3026

…..Btw, I had 137 gold, now I’m sitting at 113 gold, one of my toons is at 456 and another one is at 423, and didn’t have many materials so i had to buy some of them… i don’t understand how you spent that much gold. Buying components to craft exotics maybe?

It’s the 450-500 that’s expensive.
1-400 : less than 20g probably
400-500 : 100g+

Yes, but he said he is “only” at 466… that’s why I don’t get how he spent the gold. Refining items is not expensive to get to 475, only time consuming, imho.

in Crafting

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

So is there no other way to go from 475 to 500 than discovering exotics? Im looking for slow and cheap here. Dont care if it takes a month of making 1 mithrillium a day.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

in Crafting

daros.3407

Plus one for post above :-D

in Crafting

daros.3407

No offense intended, but you are complaining you have to farm to get ascended weapons so you can then keep on FARMing fractals… oh wait!

Btw, I had 137 gold, now I’m sitting at 113 gold, one of my toons is at 456 and another one is at 423, and didn’t have many materials so i had to buy some of them… i don’t understand how you spent that much gold. Buying components to craft exotics maybe?

Fractals are only progressive PVE content in game. I dont farm fractals. I enjoy progresing it.
And you surely had much more materials then me if you spend such small amount of gold.
But this material has its price. You still spend around 150g to get from 400 to 500.
Look deeper in to forum. Everyone who bought material spent 150g+/- And those with material just spent material of that price.

in Crafting

daros.3407

@anabasis. Hi anabasis, welcome to the game. I dont mind helping new players so Ill explain fractals to you. On all even numbered fractals levels there is a boss called the Jade Maw. He is the last boss in the forth fractal.

Upon arival into his “arena” (its really just a spit of land) you get hit with a condition that is un-dodgeable and cannot be clensed called agony. This condition known as agony gets worse and worse the higher the fractal level you are playing. The only thing Anet gives the player to alleviate this condition is an infusion that goes into all jewelry and now weapons known as “agony resistance” with enough of it you can go into increasing higher and higher fractal levels.

Later this year Anet will be making updates to fractals which should make a game type that is already fun for some even more enjoyable. It is highly likely that rewards not to mention the personal feeling of accomplishment for completing the fractals at high levels will be substantial. But it will be impossible to do without the necessary agony resistance.

Have fun, and welcome.

I’m level 44 in fractals so I’m not new to the game.
I answering to daros who said that you can’t progress in level 50+ fractals if you don’t have ascended weapons which is clearly not true.
Agony from bosses is capped at level 49 for all fractals except jade maw so you can either do the 99% trick or have a guardian with tome. In even higher levels where agony from jade maw 1 shots you, you can still progress if you do uneven numbers.
So no, I’m not new to the game, and in the present, you can reach 50+ levels in fractals without ascended weapons.

Everyone who wants effectively progres fractal have to do Maw. If you are so experienced you know it. Runing fractals only without maw is like run dungeon and leave it before last boss.
So you have to have ascended weapons to do fractals from now on.

(edited by daros.3407)

in Crafting

daros.3407

@anabasis. Hi anabasis, welcome to the game. I dont mind helping new players so Ill explain fractals to you. On all even numbered fractals levels there is a boss called the Jade Maw. He is the last boss in the forth fractal.

Upon arival into his “arena” (its really just a spit of land) you get hit with a condition that is un-dodgeable and cannot be clensed called agony. This condition known as agony gets worse and worse the higher the fractal level you are playing. The only thing Anet gives the player to alleviate this condition is an infusion that goes into all jewelry and now weapons known as “agony resistance” with enough of it you can go into increasing higher and higher fractal levels.

Later this year Anet will be making updates to fractals which should make a game type that is already fun for some even more enjoyable. It is highly likely that rewards not to mention the personal feeling of accomplishment for completing the fractals at high levels will be substantial. But it will be impossible to do without the necessary agony resistance.

Have fun, and welcome.

I’m level 44 in fractals so I’m not new to the game.
I answering to daros who said that you can’t progress in level 50+ fractals if you don’t have ascended weapons which is clearly not true.
Agony from bosses is capped at level 49 for all fractals except jade maw so you can either do the 99% trick or have a guardian with tome. In even higher levels where agony from jade maw 1 shots you, you can still progress if you do uneven numbers.
So no, I’m not new to the game, and in the present, you can reach 50+ levels in fractals without ascended weapons.

Everyone who wants effectively progres fractal have to do Maw. If you are so experienced you know it. Runing fractals only without maw is like run dungeon and leave it before last boss.
So you have to have ascended weapons to do fractals from now on.

Players have been doing level 50+ fractals long before ascended weapons were craftable.
You where whining that it was impossible to do level 50+ fractals without ascended weapons an I proved you wrong with one of the many videos on youtube of players doing fractals level 50+.
/15 char

Ok it is clear you just ignore post of others that said you same thing as i did. Progresing fractals without maw is NO PROGRESION. It is not rewading. It is not complete fractal progresion. To say you fully progres 50+ fractal you have to kill maw on every lvl he is available. Without it you just increasing you lvl witnout any reward ….nothing else it is just lvl increasing. Everyone who is experinced in fractals and see sentece ,,Ascended weapons are requiremet for 50+ fractals" undestands why. Only you shows us old video where some group fighting shaman…where is point in it? They cant kill maw so they dont fully progres fractal.
You proved only that you know nothing about fractals.

(edited by daros.3407)

in Crafting

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

If you progress through fractals by exploiting the fact you could avoid Maw agony attack before a patch, and that now you can move forward as long as you have in your party someone that exploited that bug, I think you are really dishonest.

in Crafting

Posted by: citizankane.5723

citizankane.5723

No you DO NOT.

You don’t need em, just use strafe exploit as seen in video. Lol terrible example

in Crafting

daros.3407

Don’t change the point please. Progresion means reaching higher levels in fractals. It has nothing to do with rewards which are just an incentive to make progression worth it. I’ll say it again progresion=reaching higher levels.
Therefore, and as my video proves, you can progress in lvl 50+ fractals without ascended weapons even if you think the opposite.

I dont change point. Your opinion what is progresion is just different then mine. If you progres fractals to 81 without single kill of maw you just cant call it true progression in my opinion.
Anyway they have reason why they added ascendeds weapons and why they want to add ascended armor. And fractals are surely one of the biggest reason for it.
You need it now to FULLY progres fractals and in a future it will be absolutely necessary to have full ascended gear. Game is changing that way….
If someone thinks ascended weapons and armor are supposed to add just some new skins to game he is really wrong. Those weapons are needed for fractals now and will be absolute necessity in future.

in Crafting

Posted by: Paruza.3162

Paruza.3162

It’s very cheap as long as you had saved mats.

You do realize that the mats you may have are worth gold right? It’s about 200 gold one way or another. I would say that’s not cheap.

in Crafting

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

No you DO NOT.

You don’t need em, just use strafe exploit as seen in video. Lol terrible example

Dodging = exploit? Wow you musta CoF P1’ed a few too many times.

in Crafting

Shifu.4321

No matter if you spent gold or farmed mats, that’s still gold lost either way since you could have sold those mats for roughly the same amount that one who spent gold would have used. That’s why when I say I spent 30g in gold and 20g in mats to get 450, I basically consider it the same as spending 50 gold.

in Crafting

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

No matter if you spent gold or farmed mats, that’s still gold lost either way since you could have sold those mats for roughly the same amount that one who spent gold would have used. That’s why when I say I spent 30g in gold and 20g in mats to get 450, I basically consider it the same as spending 50 gold.

Well, you can only sell for 85% of what you buy for.

in Crafting

Posted by: Scoompoof.4657

Scoompoof.4657

Do you guys really think exotic is hard enough to get? Makes me wonder how many of you have played other MMOs. Exotic gear is far too easy to get. I have seven 80s and only one isn’t fully exotic geared. Add on the fact that i have a legendary. If you play all aspects of the game like I do, gold becomes a non- issue. I believe the most powerful weapons in the game should take a week to craft if you are a hardcore player.

in Crafting

Posted by: citizankane.5723

citizankane.5723

No you DO NOT.

Dodging = exploit? Wow you musta CoF P1’ed a few too many times.

He is clearly bugging it with stafing with some dodging mixed in but all you see is dodging. Guess you didn’t know you could do this,your just ignorant is all. Notice at 13 sec in the rapid back and forth movement and the bosses agony attack miss with no dodge in sight no blind on boss. Anyways, this is getting off topic.

(edited by citizankane.5723)

in Crafting

daros.3407

This is realy getting of topic so to get to 500 is good to have more then 250 ingots and planks T6 ofcource. At least 30 of every uncomon T6 +/- 150 ectos and if want to do some sigils ( and i recomend that if you have mats for it) save some lodestones.
You could be Ok with it most expancive are dowels and those are made of Ingots and planks so you need really looot of them.
Maybe i am wrong it is just my humble calculation…