fine mats not labeled as crafting?

in Crafting

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

Why are the fine crafting materials not labeled with “Crafting material: weaponsmith (225)” for example, any more. A couple still are, but most are not. Seems like this would be valuable information especially for a new player who just has this random item. why was the time spent to delete this info? or is it a bug?

in Crafting

Posted by: Eggman.1405

Eggman.1405

Why are the fine crafting materials not labeled with “Crafting material: weaponsmith (225)” for example, any more. A couple still are, but most are not. Seems like this would be valuable information especially for a new player who just has this random item. why was the time spent to delete this info? or is it a bug?

I brought this up over a week ago and didn’t get any response from anyone. At first, I assumed this was intentional: they took away the tooltip for crafting items if it isn’t one of your professions. Later I discovered though that this wasn’t the case, the tooltip is also not there for some items I could have actually used, so it may be a bug (or both).

in Crafting

That Guy.5704

its there on a handful of the fine materials (t1-6 bones, bloods, dusts, etc) out of the 42? items. it is now also missing, as mentioned by someone else, maybe you, on crafted chef items that are used in other recipes if they are themselves consumable.

in Crafting

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Bumping this back up after just having dealt with a new player who had been selling some things because he had no clue they were crafting ingredients.

Going by the storage, as many as 35 out of 50 fine crafting materials are no longer labeled as such. It’s not nearly as bad with the rare materials, but there is no apparent rhyme or reason to it that I can discern. For example, out of all the lodestones, only the glacial lodestone is no longer labeled as crafting material.

Cooking materials have at least retained the “ingredient” label, even if the crafting information has gone for many of them.

in Crafting

That Guy.5704

Yea I have been leveling crafting disciplines since I had posted this before. It was a real pain to go to farm some materials and get drops and not have the information on them about which level they were for. Am i getting the right item? I dont know I need double check on the wiki or in my hero panel or something rather than just looking at the item like I used to.

And yes that is going to be a rude surprise for a new player.

in Crafting

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I reported this as a bug about a month ago. You would think something like this that’s so basic to crafting would be fixed by now.

in Crafting

That Guy.5704

I think I did too about the same time I posted this thread originally “about a month ago”, and, yea, one would think this would have been changed because whether they are or are not supposed to have that information, the fact that some do and some dont means there is obviously a bug somewhere.