foxfire clusters?

foxfire clusters?

in Crafting

Posted by: derpy.7236

derpy.7236

what are they? i got one from chopping a ancient tree. i assume they are crafting materials because you can buy and sell them on trading post, but they do not say what level or profession they are for or anything.

foxfire clusters?

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

They are used in crafting the new Mysterious Vine backpiece.

foxfire clusters?

in Crafting

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Which areas do they drop from? I know Frostgorge and Dry Top, but are there others?

foxfire clusters?

in Crafting

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Which areas do they drop from? I know Frostgorge and Dry Top, but are there others?

I think its any highish level zone (60+)but I’m not sure, so Orr and maelstrom and fireheart should work. Also WvW higher leveled trees too.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

foxfire clusters?

in Crafting

Zaxares.5419

They apparently are a rare drop from logging T5 and T6 trees. They also have a chance to drop from killing Mordrem mobs, according to my guildies.

foxfire clusters?

in Crafting

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

you need 48 of them that is just too many… i farmed whole cursed shore and got only 5

(edited by Mortifer.2946)

foxfire clusters?

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

48 isn’t a lot. It costs under 1g per piece now, which shows it’s not all that rare.

It’s never really intended to go out and farm every single piece for whatever you want to craft.

If you did that with legendaries, for example, it would take a year to get all your materials without buying from the TP.

foxfire clusters?

in Crafting

Zaxares.5419

Not to mention that Foxfires currently have no other use in-game. Players just need 48 to craft their backpiece, and that’s it. They’ll never need more. (Unless a subsequent LS chapter requires them to upgrade the backpiece further.)