gm, can you please explain this?

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

so can you please explain why you have misleading items created, or if this is a bug or what?. i obtained the sceptor lidless eye which by the way is unsearchable in the trading post for some reason. based on the preview i spent 11gold yet how is it the preview looks cooler than what i actually ended up with. isnt it supposed to be the other way around?

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: HechtiQ.5608

HechtiQ.5608

that is weird :S it’s a first time i’ve seen particles shown in the preview tab though

in Crafting

Ulquiorra.6903

yes it is… i honestly don’t know what to feel atm. i really hope this is a bug…….i almost wonder what the point of item preview is?

in Crafting

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

What is the item’s name? It might be a particle effect changed by time. Did you also try rezoning? There seems to be a bug where particles don’t load correctly if you just put on the weapon. It might also take a few minutes. But ya, I’m 99% sure it’s a bug, but there are a few particle related bugs going around.

in Crafting

Ulquiorra.6903

none of those seem to have an effect on it. also the item is called lidless eye.

in Crafting

EndlessDreamer.6780

K, then it’s most likely just a bug with the particle effects and you should report it in game most likely or put it in the Game bug section.

in Crafting

Ulquiorra.6903

i did, no reply…so id like to know whats up.

in Crafting

EndlessDreamer.6780

Really? I don’t see any of your previous posts alluding to this. Sorry if I missed it though. Anyway, if you mean you reported in game, they don’t respond to those, they log the bug and then work to fix it. If you sent an email to support, it can take 3-4 days to get a response. If you post in the forums, there is no guarantee that they will respond.

Regardless, posting in the wrong forum isn’t probably helping that case. It’s probably something they’ll fix if you’ve properly brought it to their attention, they just need to be given some time to do so.

in Crafting

Ulquiorra.6903

excpt its not a wrong section. because A its a crafted item, and this is a crafting section and B i dont even know if it is a bugg or not thats why im asking as a GM did say previews were wrong all the time. i asked here for information. im asking a question about a crafted item not reporting a bugg

in Crafting

Posted by: Mario Lemieux.9107

Mario Lemieux.9107

There definitely are bugs with certain items that have particle effects.

My example: got the Ghastly Longbow from AC. It never showed any sort of effect for me, but apparently others could see it (it has a blue-smoke glowing effect at night). I thought id never see the effect…then i decided to switch the longbow into my second weapon slot, and voila, the effect started to work. After a little combat, tho, it stopped again….so i put it back in the 1st weapon slot, and the effect came back.

Essentially, there’s bugs with effects on certain weapons, and changing their weapon slots (at least for me) did the trick temporarily…the same happened for a few of my guildies. At times, id see the effects on their weapons but they couldnt see their own, and vice-versa…

Try changing weapon slot or something similar to “reset” the effect. Also, it may only occur during the night/day for that particular item, or in combat, or not in combat….unfortunately there’s so much we dont know…