interdependance of crafting professions?

in Crafting

Posted by: ccdsurf.8639

ccdsurf.8639

In the lower levels, where I am, it seems that every crafting profession can make what it needs. Does this change at higher tiers? There seems to be a lack of interdependence, which is so different than other MMOs I’ve played.

That along with the lack of dedicated gathering professions, it really helps you solo… but is it good for the economy in-game? Just curious, not complaining.

in Crafting

Posted by: Kyperbelt.5182

Kyperbelt.5182

i totally i agree with this , although i do recall seeing that the jeweler make something you can use in other crafting professions, but this is very high up in the crafting ladder(400).
It would be nice to see it at lower levels of crafting as it would give a nice little boost to the economy.
of course they would have to balance it somehow so that its not too crazy where i cant level my crafting without buying mats from another player.

in Crafting

Posted by: Grumwulf.9602

Grumwulf.9602

Another benefit of interdependence is that your alts’ crafts feel more useful then.

in Crafting

Posted by: ccdsurf.8639

ccdsurf.8639

the “alt” is what it finally took for me to realize what was different. Your main can just “deposit collectible” on all the drops and all your alts can make a good run at each profession. It seemed kind of hollow. But convenient, since I didn’t want to use my ore to make stuff I can’t/don’t use only to put on auction along with thousands of others. Balance would be a huge issue I suppose. Just another unique quirk for GW2. Again, not hating it, just observing.