is having both weaponsmith and armorsmith good choice?

in Crafting

Posted by: symke.3105

symke.3105

I am currently level 38 with my warrior and while I had enough materials to craft lvl 35 weapons, I couldn’t craft any armor due to shortage of fine crafting materials which I already spent doing my weapons.
So I thought that maybe doing both of them is not the best way.
What is your opinion?
Does getting fine crafting materials get any better at higher levels?

in Crafting

Posted by: Grezko.7950

Grezko.7950

nope, its gets worse. Going solo for both weaponsmith and armorcrafting will be a constant pain.

Officer of Executed [EXE] from Piken Square.

in Crafting

Posted by: JabZta.3147

JabZta.3147

me and my two mates are all lvl 80’s. i went for wep/arm smith, they went for tailor/jeweler and leatherwork/chef. they both have one prof at 400 and the other in 300’s. i however, have both at only 100-125. that’s how slow and irritating having wep/arm together is. have fun

[wead]JabZta – 80 Sylvari Warrior

in Crafting

Posted by: Grezko.7950

Grezko.7950

i had 1 more person feeding me all collected ingredients and it was enough.

Officer of Executed [EXE] from Piken Square.

in Crafting

Posted by: Daam.7963

Daam.7963

Sure you will have to buy some materials. I made them both to 400 without too much problems.

in Crafting

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

O.P. Note that from your level onward, you can buy gear from the trading post instead of crafting it yourself, and generally you’ll pay just a tiny bit over the vendor resale value.

So for a silver or less, you can “rent” a complete set of armor (or weapons), and focus your mats on one craft.

in Crafting

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

I am doing both armorsmithing and weaponsmithing on my warrior. The ore isn’t an issue. So salvaging for ore hasn’t been an issue as of yet…

The huge issue is the blue mats you need to level. Blood, claws, teeth, totems, etc…. with the latest patch that added cooking mats into the drop rates for things that normally drop the blues you need it means you have less and less of the mats you need for crafting.

I now get eggs when trying to get claws.

As soon as they make it so I can craft my armor and weapons with eggs and butter then doing both will be right as rain

in Crafting

Posted by: Trepix.8601

Trepix.8601

The fine materials make it difficult to level any of the armor professions or any of the weapon professions. Also, as already pointed out, since the cooking nerf, the fine material drop has gotten even worse. I think the easiest profession to level is jewelry making as it doesn’t require tons of karma ingredients (and also some rare drops) like cooking nor the fine ingredients that all the other professions require,

My main is chef/tailor who is stuck about 20 levels behind in crafting tailored items (level 30 armor when she is level 53) & though I plan to level all crafting professions eventually, right now I’m only focusing on the armor professions (rather than the weapon ones) due to the shortage of fine materials (yes, I refuse to pay more for these items on the TP than what I can sell my crafted gear for).

in Crafting

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

I’ve got both…but they both use a lot of the same mats. So you’re always short of something. I spend a lot of my game time harvesting.

Drunken….go do the “Bear Acolytes” DE in Nornia for claws. Then you can hop down to the river right by there and swim through it to the underwater cavern for skates for thin blood and small scales.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

(edited by Raf.1078)

in Crafting

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

I’ve got both…but they both use a lot of the same mats. So you’re always short of something. I spend a lot of my game time harvesting.

Drunken….go do the “Bear Acolytes” DE in Nornia for claws. Then you can hop down to the river right by there and swim through it to the underwater cavern for skates for thin blood and small scales.

Naw you are talking low level… this system gets much worse higher up.

As you level up those bags were a great way to get your mats… now …. butter….

Absolutely rubbish.

Not talking the low end look at the mid and up when you need tons of claws and teeth and blood per inscription.

simply rubbish with this new change.