legendary trinkets

legendary trinkets

in Crafting

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

we will not see legendary armor. we will see new legendary weapons in some time. we will probably see legendary trinkets.
what do u think about them? Should they can changing stats like legendary weapons? should we craft them as a collection that we have all five pieces?
i think yes. why should we need just one legendary piece to change stats?
i hope personally that we have two slots to choose main stat and secondary stat for those who like berserk+valkyrie instead of full berserk for example.
now your thoughts folks

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

legendary trinkets

in Crafting

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

no more please, stop it with gear creep :X

legendary trinkets

in Crafting

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

I’m curious, how are you so sure we will never see legendary armor in this game? What makes you think legendary trinkets are more likely? My bs-meter is tingling.

I’d think the exact opposite. Armor is more likely to be thrown into the game than trinkets since it’d give a new appearance, which is the core of what legendaries are: exclusive skins.

All that being said, any legendary gear must only use stat combinations available in ascended gear. So trinkets would be able to have some hybrid stats (as they already exist), but armors won’t. Otherwise legendaries will be seen as mandatory by the grindy crowd, which is definitely not what legendaries were supposed to be.

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

legendary trinkets

in Crafting

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

i am sure because one dev said some months ago that no legendary armor find its way into the game. The Last left possibility are trinkets or backpieces, backpieces are epic enough in ascended. So only trinkets.

it would be for the owner of legendary trinkets a QoL improvement just like a legendary weapon- we dont Need it but when it is nice.

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

legendary trinkets

in Crafting

Posted by: Metatail.1306

Metatail.1306

i am sure because one dev said some months ago that no legendary armor find its way into the game.

In 2013.
They promised new legendary item types and the one that was supposed to come in 2013 was trinket. It was said to have stat changing ability and unique visual effects. It was pushed to 2014 though.

legendary trinkets

in Crafting

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

If legendary armor/trinkets are introduced, the appropriate ascended item should find a place in the crafting process. The same should be done for current and future legendary weapons. Legendary items (including weapons) should only be a cosmetic upgrade of ascended items. Under this premise I am looking forward to new legendary stuff.

legendary trinkets

in Crafting

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

cough

Amulets: [&AgEQWQAA][&AgERWQAA][&AgESWQAA][&AgETWQAA][&AgEUWQAA][&AgEVWQAA][&AgEWWQAA][&AgEXWQAA]

legendary trinkets

in Crafting

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

cough

Amulets: [&AgEQWQAA][&AgERWQAA][&AgESWQAA][&AgETWQAA][&AgEUWQAA][&AgEVWQAA][&AgEWWQAA][&AgEXWQAA]

This certainly proves, that they think about adding legendary trinkets to the game. They might want to work a bit on the balancing, though.

legendary trinkets

in Crafting

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

cough

LoL at the stats.

Just because it’s purple and says Legendary, doesn’t mean it’s going to be a valid addition. By that standard, we already have Legendary armor. We’ve had it for a long time, just only NPCs wear it.

legendary trinkets

in Crafting

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

These amulets are for testing btw.

Officially, a while ago the dev said that new Legendary item will come in late 2013 (push back to 2014) and that these legendary item will probably be Trinket. After that I think its pretty much hypothesis from the players. Initially, i was thinking about Legendary Amulet which could give a special Aura around the character that wear it. Why Amulet? Because the back item is already a item with a look, while Earings and Rings both have two of each. Amulet is unique, so its would be perfect to add 1 legendary aura around your character. Also i don’t think that Legendary Armor should be add to the game. Why? Because creating a new Armor skin (especially a Legendary one) is something that take a lot of money. We already see a lot of people with legendary weapons, but at least there is several model depending of which weapons type you use. This give a minimum diversity even if a lot of people have legendary weapons. But for an armor its 6 pieces, meaning that everybody that want an ascended armor will have an even more limited amount choice. Meaning that at some point more and more people will be wearing the same exact skin. And since armor need that much monetary input, there will never have enough different kind of legendary armor to make sure of a certain diversity. 1 or 2 year after the appearance of Legendary Armor the game will be fill by Legendary Clone of each other, when 1 person out of 10 will have the same freaking looks. With a Legendary Amulet on the other hand, this only give you an Aura. People will be able to combine this or these aura (Which will cost way more to create that a complete set of armor) to create different kind of looks. But hey, i may be wrong all along.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD