light armor crafters STOP THIS !

in Crafting

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

that is enuf QQ i can’t take it any more !
understand light armor will need more Bolt of Damask the armor is cloth for god sake !
heavy armor need more defense = metal ingot ! leader armor have less defense then heavy but more then cloth !
is this the first fantasy game you play ? this is bred and butter to any sword and sorcery game >_>
the problem is that bolt of damask is new and there is less of it. but realty every time a net put update or something there is a bunch of ppl with heart feelings starting the qq everywhere
what about the ppl who enjoy it ? we must stand you ? i say no !

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

in Crafting

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

While I agree with you about all the QQing, you could just ignore it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

The issue is not that it is made of cloth, but that it takes longer for a light armor wearer to craft than the other weights, which is not fair. They should have made there be less of a disparity between the armor weights. You cannot tell me that 11 whole days doesn’t mean anything. That’s a huge difference.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Crafting

Svetli.4276

it take longer this is how the cookie crumble just take it !
long time is connected to the fact that the bold of damask is new
do heavy armor crafters complain that we are the only one that use ingots ?

and still there is the option to buy it. there are ppl who were full acendet in 30 min after the patch
i see no prob, and no reason for the massive QQ

in Crafting

Lilith Ajit.6173

shrug

I don’t really care how you perceive it. I was just pointing out why people are upset about it, and that it is reasonable.

The ingots could have also been made before the release, which made them cheaper and more readily available. I get that the armors are different. It just sucks to be a light armor wearer. You can’t say that isn’t true. :P

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

in Crafting

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

just a minor hint: most browsers allow you to spell-check text in textarea input fields like this forum uses. if you’d take advantage of this, maybe your posts could be received in a halfway serious manner instead of causing people sore eyes from all the mistakes. english isn’t my first language either, but that doesn’t stop me from at least trying to write somewhat cohesive.

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It’s not only that light armor, requiring primarily bolts of damask, takes more days to make than heavy armor, which balances deldrimor ingots with damask. It’s not only that damask and elonian leather require materials that are much harder to reliably farm than deldrimor ingots and spiritwood (due to lack of nodes for cloth and leather). It’s also that the cost for damask has been increased compared to all other timegated materials (100 bolts of silk, as compared to 50 t5 refined mats for metal, wood and leather version).

There’s a reason why the deldrimor and spiritwood averaged between 5-6 gold on the first day of weapon crafting, while damask ended the first day it was available to craft at above 20g price.

Yes, it may make sense that a heavy armor requires metal and cloth to craft, while a light armor requires only cloth, but if you want to go with pure fluff, with no impact on game balance, then i’d like to point out that from this point of view it makes completely no sense that a heavy armor is faster to craft and cheaper to make than a light one.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Crafting

Svetli.4276

don’t go to that “damask req silk 100 bolts” you know silk cost 10c it is cheap as hell and very easy to get
all this was expected ! the moment a net say “there will be acendet armors” i start preparing
i buy mats, collected mats if you only start playing the game yesterday you have no right to complane
no what do you want ? a net to delete all mats so we all can start from 0 ? oh you want 1 chest armor to cost 1 damask, so that is 6 armors 6 days right ? why not make it even easier, for cloth armors no damask ! perfect ! you can have the armor when you log in, it will be in your mail. have a nice day

in Crafting

Lilith Ajit.6173

It’s not about having things handed to us. It’s about the amount of effort for heavy armor versus light armor to be the same. (And for the cost to at least be comparable) which it isn’t at the moment….

You really should be less antagonistic. You can’t say that there isn’t a very wide disparity.

[ARES]

in Crafting

Posted by: JohnnySupernova.9182

JohnnySupernova.9182

Honestly if we want to talk about things making sense, it makes no sense that I can only craft one spool of silk weaving thread per day. Not even per day, I can only do it exactly 24 hours. What’s your explanation for that?

in Crafting

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Anet wants to keep you in the game, so they create timegates that artifically and cheaply lengthen the time taken.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Crafting

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

Yeah, I stocked up 180,000 silk scraps, 24,000 wools crap, 12,000 cotton scraps and 24,000 linen scraps to avoid the mat price inflation hit. Now is just the time it takes. Probably about 240 days for to outfit my entire account.

in Crafting

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

don’t go to that “damask req silk 100 bolts” you know silk cost 10c it is cheap as hell and very easy to get

You obviously haven’t look at the price or supply of silk in the last few hours.

At the rate we’re going the supply will be gone in about 10 days, and then prices get real.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Crafting

Astralporing.1957

You’d better check TP. It’s over 40 c now, and the supply is declining fast.

Actions, not words.

in Crafting

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Bolts of silk still skyrocketing. Was 80c on patch day and i bought around 5 stacks (Stupid, not enough) Now i see its 1.9s per o.o

in Crafting

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

You obviously haven’t look at the price or supply of silk in the last few hours.

At the rate we’re going the supply will be gone in about 10 days, and then prices get real.

actually this is good news :P

in Crafting

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

The worst thing is seeing a warrior trying to attack people just pointing out a clear mistake in game just in fear of anet reaction….

I ll remember you once again that defending unbalance when it comes in your personal interests, will just end in this game getting worst for everyone…

And someday this unbalance can happen to you….

For sure last months proved GW2 to have changed from the best online community to possibly worst than cod or wow community :| …

I swear i never seen so much selfishness in a game……and when people can t see that behavior will damage them in a mid term run its even worse….

If you are concerned of ANET reaction, just point it out and don t defend a MISTAKE…

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lambros Augustus.6594

Lambros Augustus.6594

Damask? I feel like I am on an epsiode with Beavis and Butthead. Why timegate so excessively?

in Crafting

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

74c offer price, 79c buy price. No, it’s not cheap anymore. Not yet expensive, but not cheap.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

in Crafting

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

The worst thing is seeing a warrior trying to attack people just pointing out a clear mistake in game just in fear of anet reaction….

I ll remember you once again that defending unbalance when it comes in your personal interests, will just end in this game getting worst for everyone…

For sure last months proved GW2 to have changed from the best online community to possibly worst than cod or wow community :| …

I swear i never seen so much selfishness in a game……and when people can t see that behavior will damage them in a mid term run its even worse….

If you are concerned of ANET reaction, just point it out and don t defend a MISTAKE…

Its because of light armor in the past trashing warrior and getting them nerfed:

1. OMG Warriors only in CoF and they wont take my ele/necro/etc… nerf warriors !! (Anet nerfs traitlines focus/zerker power)

2. OMG Warriors are too strong in WvW And hurt my zerker ele – Hammer gets a DPS Nerf

3. OMG Warrior mobility is out of control – Nerf them like RTL Got nerfed!! (Inc. Nerf)

4. OMG Warrior does too much dps without investment (Unsuspecting Foe nerf)

Etc… lights cry all the time, its about time they get dished back some of their own nonsense. and you wonder why other classes fear the nerfbat?!??! do you pay attention to any patch notes?

in Crafting

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Its because of light armor in the past trashing warrior and getting them nerfed:

1. OMG Warriors only in CoF and they wont take my ele/necro/etc… nerf warriors !! (Anet nerfs traitlines focus/zerker power)

2. OMG Warriors are too strong in WvW And hurt my zerker ele – Hammer gets a DPS Nerf

3. OMG Warrior mobility is out of control – Nerf them like RTL Got nerfed!! (Inc. Nerf)

Etc… lights cry all the time, its about time they get dished back some of their own nonsense. and you wonder why other classes fear the nerfbat?!??! do you pay attention to any patch notes?

I can t answer but i doubt you are seriously want to discuss the balance of the game …….with heavies being top tier in every single part of the game ans still getting buffs…..

first would be totally nonsense saying that you are wanting a mistake to stay because as a Revenge for warrior nerf (that didn t change anything).

Second i’d like to not see warriors crying about nerfs while most LFG posts are “only heavies”, and they are the top tier of ANY single part of the game…..that would lead any other game to a serious balance review….

In the meantime ele can win the most dps against an openworld mob OR is viable only with guardians and warriors support.

Would you like to test the speedclears in fotm higher levels (with proper instabilities) between a 5 light team and a 5 heavy team?

Its just the 5th similar posts with players wanting other players to be damaged.

This really makes me think about the future of the game and to what caused the best community to be replaced by what we have now……

Probably a change of target audience…

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

btw: damask only requires like 3.5g worth of materials to craft. the price it sells for is not reflected in what it costs to make it. it’s just that it’s new and more people have to have it asap than with weapons. the only reason the others didn’t go up so much is that there was already a supply of them to take from.

in Crafting

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Bolts of silk still skyrocketing. Was 80c on patch day and i bought around 5 stacks (Stupid, not enough) Now i see its 1.9s per o.o

Buy 6 stacks, use 2 stacks to craft your damask for the next 5 days and sell the other 4 at the end of those 5 days for a net profit. :P

in Crafting

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

I can t answer but i doubt you are seriously want to discuss the balance of the game …….with heavies being top tier in every single part of the game ans still getting buffs…..

first would be totally nonsense saying that you are wanting a mistake to stay because as a Revenge for warrior nerf (that didn t change anything).

Second i’d like to not see warriors crying about nerfs while most LFG posts are “only heavies”, and they are the top tier of ANY single part of the game…..that would lead any other game to a serious balance review….

In the meantime ele can win the most dps against an openworld mob OR is viable only with guardians and warriors support.

Would you like to test the speedclears in fotm higher levels (with proper instabilities) between a 5 light team and a 5 heavy team?

Its just the 5th similar posts with players wanting other players to be damaged.

This really makes me think about the future of the game and to what caused the best community to be replaced by what we have now……

Probably a change of target audience…

First: Game is balanced around comparing the classes to each other, not comparing classes to mobs. The players balance their parties based on the classes compared to what mobs they’re going to fight.

Second: Most times I’ve seen the “all heavy” request, it’s due to them being able to put out DPS and survive with little player thought. Thus, players assume this will be a faster/smoother run. When, in fact, the runs could be better with more mixed classes if the players behind the classes know what they are doing.

Third: I can see complaining about the silk disparity due to it not only now needing more scraps per bolt but also needing more bolts per Ecto refine. However, just because you can’t see the sources for the flood of silk, doesn’t mean they are not there. Anet obviously sees a high consistent, long term supply. Players obviously only see a temporary spike due to the frenzy for what’s new.

in Crafting

Astralporing.1957

just because you can’t see the sources for the flood of silk, doesn’t mean they are not there. Anet obviously sees a high consistent, long term supply.

There might be a consistent, long term supply, but it is far outstripped by demand – and that’s in a situation where the previous main silk sink (upgrading to gossamer) went out of commision due to being no longer cost effective. And the demand is not going to disappear anywhere soon – the amount of silk on TP before it started do dissapear was not enough to cover even a tiny fraction of needs.
Remember, the average number of silk scraps for an ascended armor set is above 8k. The same “high consistent, long term supply” with far lower demand resulted in being only about 3 million silk scraps on TP the moment ascended armor patch hit. It’s how much has accumulated since the beginning of the game. And those 3 million scraps are enough for just about 300-350 sets of ascended armor. That “flood” of silk supply is just a drop in the ocean. Even after the first wave of crafters passes, the demand will still outstrip supply by a wide margin for a very, very long time.
I’m pretty sure we’ll see corrections to ascended crafting prices well before the silk market will stabilize (which doesn’t mean it will be anytime soon).

Actions, not words.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Keep in mind that it’s likely supply on the TP didn’t rise beyond that 3 million mark because once Silk hit 8c each, players realised they’d earn more money just merching Silk stacks to a vendor than putting it on the TP. There was likely a lot more Silk supply in the game than what was being shown on the TP.

in Crafting

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Keep in mind that it’s likely supply on the TP didn’t rise beyond that 3 million mark because once Silk hit 8c each, players realised they’d earn more money just merching Silk stacks to a vendor than putting it on the TP. There was likely a lot more Silk supply in the game than what was being shown on the TP.

Maybe those NPC’s who bought all that silk from players should list it on the TP and make a huge profit…… =)

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

^ If that’s true, it would explain a lot of the world’s economic woes! O.o

in Crafting

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

just because you can’t see the sources for the flood of silk, doesn’t mean they are not there. Anet obviously sees a high consistent, long term supply.

There might be a consistent, long term supply, but it is far outstripped by demand – and that’s in a situation where the previous main silk sink (upgrading to gossamer) went out of commision due to being no longer cost effective. And the demand is not going to disappear anywhere soon – the amount of silk on TP before it started do dissapear was not enough to cover even a tiny fraction of needs.
Remember, the average number of silk scraps for an ascended armor set is above 8k. The same “high consistent, long term supply” with far lower demand resulted in being only about 3 million silk scraps on TP the moment ascended armor patch hit. It’s how much has accumulated since the beginning of the game. And those 3 million scraps are enough for just about 300-350 sets of ascended armor. That “flood” of silk supply is just a drop in the ocean. Even after the first wave of crafters passes, the demand will still outstrip supply by a wide margin for a very, very long time.
I’m pretty sure we’ll see corrections to ascended crafting prices well before the silk market will stabilize (which doesn’t mean it will be anytime soon).

First, you’re comparing a long term supply with a short term demand spike. Second, you’re ignoring that Anet wanted ascended items to be a moderately long term goal. Thus, they’d set it’s requirement to meet a longer term of supply. They’ve also pointed out several times that thye didn’t like seeing items on the Trading Post at near vendor prices. It’s why they picked the greens and blues for salvaging for Luck, and it’s why they change these crafting requirements.

As for how much of the population noticed the previous loss on silk (etc) when it was at it’s lowest; I’m sure Anet knows that. We can only guess based on how much was listed at that price compared to how much we think the average player gets. But you also have to take in to account the other “blind majority”. One group just blindly lists on the trading post while the other just blindly vendors everything.

All that said, I’m not sure why the T5 leather wasn’t set to 100 for the ecto craft as well. My experience seem to show that both the silk and leather were over abundant and at bottom pricing. If cloth really is out there by twice the volume as leather, I’d rather they tweak the drops rather than make one craft different than the rest.

in Crafting

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

With the stat increases being as small as they are, I’m not in a hurry to get my armor finished. But it’s the time gating that’s the worst of it, not the prices.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Crafting

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Personally, I cbf’d crafting ascended armour for my main (ele), because the materials required to craft with are quite insane, and the timeframe required to get all the gear together and make a set (as mentioned above) is a bit longer than other weighted sets.

Honestly, the stat % increase is so not worth the hassle of crafting unless you’re doing something that requires you to gear up to the max, and not only straight PvE (which is the bulk of my playtime). I can’t justify the piddly increase of stats next to the cost of crafting the armour, to me it’s just not worth it. I’ll be happy enough with my ascended accessories/trinkets and exotic gear until the next vertical jump (legendary armour) comes along, at which time I’ll re-evaluate the stats against my playstyle.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

in Crafting

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

Lets be honest, you don’t even need the armor. It’s just a race to see who can get a full set first. We currently have no content where this armor will benefit you so relax. You should have expected time gating when ascended weapons came out.

in Crafting

Lilith Ajit.6173

I’m just enjoying making 5 gold every day selling these things. Haha.

[ARES]