making 10gold/hr crafting??

in Crafting

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

i heard some people claim they make 10g/hr by simply crafting, how is this possible? i mean, i know the method for profit, if theres a sizable margin between crafting mats and the crafted item, you can easily turn this into $$$. my question though, assuming these are not inflated estimates, which craft would be most profitable by these means?

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

in Crafting

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I do know it’s possible with partially crafted items to make some money. Things like Ori Blades sell well and have a fairly small, but profitable margin at times. Also, bases for inscriptions (not the actual inscription) have a similar margin as well.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in Crafting

Posted by: Dresden.1736

Dresden.1736

They were lying. You can make small profits on crafting things, but it would require a ton of volume to net you 10g in an hour. The sad fact that because crafting is so accessible and easy to master, buying the item off the TP is usually just as cheap as crafting it.

The argument can be made that if you gather all the materials yourself rather than buying them on the TP you can make a fair bit of money, but gather takes forever and doesn’t accommodate for quick gains.

Jewelers with dungeon recipes can make a bunch of net gold in relatively short period of time, but they still have to grind dungeons for tokens, and with diminishing returns, I don’t think even they can net 10g an hour.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ooshi.8607

Ooshi.8607

The argument can be made that if you gather all the materials yourself rather than buying them on the TP you can make a fair bit of money, but gather takes forever and doesn’t accommodate for quick gains.

Materials you gather yourself still have a value. If you sold the materials on the TP you would be bagging some coin, so those mats aren’t free.
I suppose 10g a day is possible but you would have to first have a great understanding of the market to identify everything that you could craft that would bring you a profit, and it would depend of what you craft as not everything has the sales volume that would justify the investment.
Some stuff you only craft with a 5% margin but you can sell loads of it. Some stuff you do 20-30% margins but doesn’t sell nearly as well. You have to decide what to craft and how much of each.
If you have a 100g initial investment it is perfectly possible to do 10g back every day, but you have to be clever about how you do it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

Crafting Krait Slayers is worth around 8-10 gold an hour. You need a pretty large bankroll to make it worthwhile as you will be buying tens of thousands of mithril, elder wood, and T5 fine materials. Use buy orders for all the materials; you actually will be crafting the entire time (and stopping cuts into your profits) as it takes a while to refine 10,000 mithril ore into ingots, etc. With a streamlined process you can crank out 400+ Krait Slayers in an hour, and with a margin of a couple silver each you can make 8+ gold an hour off this.

Note that there are substantial risks – when you post, say, 200 Carrion Krait Slayers at lowest offer and immediately get underbid, you could sit there all day waiting for them to sell. You have to know the market well. The margins are tight enough that having to pull and re-list the items will devour your entire profit. You need to really commit to it to make any money; making one or two at a time for a 2 silver profit is really bad.

The profit is there however, if you really want to watch Mithril refine all day.

in Crafting

munkiman.3068

Certain exotic pearls give you far more profit for about the same effort in a shorter period of crafting time. However you need to bankroll it pretty heavily and expect to sit on them for awhile. The rare market right now is flooded with people doing exactly what you’re suggesting. It’s still cheaper to buy commonly dropped rares to toss into the toilet than it is to buy crafted ones, simply since crafters are working off tight margins and drops are basically all profit.

in Crafting

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

One thing I’ve noticed is any gear with berzerker stats is highly favored over all others. Rampager stats do pretty well too. Also, components generally sell better than completed products. It helps a lot to check the market first before making an item.

in Crafting

Posted by: Monstrowhale.9156

Monstrowhale.9156

Crafting Krait Slayers is worth around 8-10 gold an hour. You need a pretty large bankroll to make it worthwhile as you will be buying tens of thousands of mithril, elder wood, and T5 fine materials. Use buy orders for all the materials; you actually will be crafting the entire time (and stopping cuts into your profits) as it takes a while to refine 10,000 mithril ore into ingots, etc. With a streamlined process you can crank out 400+ Krait Slayers in an hour, and with a margin of a couple silver each you can make 8+ gold an hour off this.

Note that there are substantial risks – when you post, say, 200 Carrion Krait Slayers at lowest offer and immediately get underbid, you could sit there all day waiting for them to sell. You have to know the market well. The margins are tight enough that having to pull and re-list the items will devour your entire profit. You need to really commit to it to make any money; making one or two at a time for a 2 silver profit is really bad.

The profit is there however, if you really want to watch Mithril refine all day.

That’s all I used to do like 5 months ago – Carrion Krait Slayers
And used to watch mithril refine all day too haha!

Plantbearpig [PONY]
FSP

in Crafting

Posted by: Kozai.8269

Kozai.8269

It depends a bit on how you define “per hour.” If I log on for 10 days running and craft and post for 6 minutes each day, and make 10 gold, one way to look at it is that I’ve made 10 gold/hour. Another way is that I’ve made 10 gold in a week and a half. I do the former, as I am very patient, and my play time is limited, but with the market I work in there is no way I could do that for 10 hours in one day and make 100 gold.

I suspect people who are making more than this are getting it more from “playing the TP” than strictly crafting, but the line is blurry because there is no way you will make money crafting without some effort put into learning the TP.

in Crafting

Posted by: LiveTwo Let Die.6832

LiveTwo Let Die.6832

Easy, run dungeons, get lucky and get a recipe, my case got the colouss fang, spend an hour running with a main and alt. boom 10+ gold.

in Crafting

Posted by: IamDuddits.1692

IamDuddits.1692

Depends on if you factor the time it takes to sell the item and what “playing the market” is defined as. I found it helpful to make an Excel spread sheet where I can input the cost of buying crafting mats and the sell price after TP fees to determine the most profitable items to make. Sometimes the items I put up sell in 10 mins, some times it takes a few hours, but the time I spent crafting and looking at prices is much less than 1 hour.

I’d say I get maybe 7-10 g a day for minimal effort.

in Crafting

munkiman.3068

Depends on if you factor the time it takes to sell the item and what “playing the market” is defined as. I found it helpful to make an Excel spread sheet where I can input the cost of buying crafting mats and the sell price after TP fees to determine the most profitable items to make. Sometimes the items I put up sell in 10 mins, some times it takes a few hours, but the time I spent crafting and looking at prices is much less than 1 hour.

gw2spidy has all that for you under the crafting section. it’ll tell you what your margins are, if it’s profitable to craft. The only things it doesn’t work with are things like trays of food (feast items), since it doesn’t take into account the mystic forge costs.

in Crafting

Posted by: IamDuddits.1692

IamDuddits.1692

gw2spidy has all that for you under the crafting section. it’ll tell you what your margins are, if it’s profitable to craft. The only things it doesn’t work with are things like trays of food (feast items), since it doesn’t take into account the mystic forge costs.

I use Excel to keep track of what I’ve purchased from the trade post and what I’ve sold. Some of my profits aren’t just gold, but also gear and materials. I’ve only netted 10 gold profit in 3 days, but I also have half an exotic armor set for myself (~10 g) and a surplus of materials (~14 g) . The site is useful for checking my number nonetheless.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I’m someone who’s crafted for 1 hour and made 10g profit how I did it:
place buy orders for skritt-ton of mats
run fractals to pass the time while the buy orders are filled
retrieve crafting materials
start timer
refine crafting materials (read a book while waiting)
craft things you have previously calculated to be 10+% profitable
list things on TP for profit
stop timer
wait ~2 days, collect half of the profits
relist remaining items
wait ~2 days, collect the rest of the profits

it should be noted that this does NOT scale. making more items just results in you having to do this less often, and relist more times before all of them sell.
a more accurate description: “I made 10g profit over a week from 1 hour of work”

in Crafting

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

If you can make 10g/hr crafting, you certainly can’t do it very often.

in Crafting

Posted by: Jaxon.5392

Jaxon.5392

Crafting weapons that require high numbers of skill spoints (I’ve crafted the anomoli twice) seems to be able to fund a decent amount of cash