monitoring precursors

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Walkerz.5830

Walkerz.5830

I believe a while back there was a post from anet, if need be later I could go find it, that stated that arena net would be carefully monitoring precursor prices and intervening if necessary based on how the prices continually rising to a point of being unattainable. This post was made before the karka event when the prices were nearing 300 – 400g. Now I guess I can’t say what they think is a fair price because that is just my opinion but my question is if they were considering doing something when prices were around 300g because that was to much why are we currently sitting here with no word from them with prices at 600g? You would think when you double what is already “being monitored” there would be at least 1 post out there saying what is going on apart from the scavenger hunt that we may or may not get 6months down the line.

So ANET… after watching the prices for a few more months…what ya think?

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Their price is determined by what people are willing to pay, and as more (worthless) gold piles up in the system (too many faucets, not enough drains) those larger prices become more tenable.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

Colin Johanson stated in an interview that there will be new ways to obtain precursor, and he was hinting towards specific area’s that would have a higher droprate on them.

This probably won’t fix anything though, in my opinion. Unless the droprate is considerably higher.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Under Web.2497

Under Web.2497

It seems silly that you can craft a legendary but cant craft a precursor and that its only a random drop or random forge result. . . . . It’s a bit like being told that you MAY get your xmas bonus (that you’ve worked hard for all year) IF your name is randomly selected (but thats a 0.0000000000000000000000001 % chance)
Getting a legendary should be about the amount of effort put into the whole game NOT down to ANY random drop ANYWHERE
HAVING a legendary at the moment DOES NOT show your prowess at the game – It means you were either lucky enough to get a precursor drop – OR YOU BOUGHT a precursor OFF THE TRADING POST – (NOW that REALLY is legendary)

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

HAVING a legendary at the moment DOES NOT show your prowess at the game – It means you were either lucky enough to get a precursor drop – OR YOU BOUGHT a precursor OFF THE TRADING POST – (NOW that REALLY is legendary)

Really? I got my precursor first before anything else, and I’m still not even close. There’s all the t6 mats, Onyx Lodes, and Ectos I need to buy too!

People who have legendaries at this point in the game usually powerfarm the mats. Whereas I just deposit collectibles as they come.

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

People who have legendaries at this point in the game usually powerfarm the trading post.

Fixed it for ya

Serenity now~Insanity later

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: dukefx.9730

dukefx.9730

Although BurnWeed’s post is a bit cynical, I have to agree.

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Walkerz.5830

update: after watching the hour long video from colin johanson from the other day apparently if we are waiting for a “fix” for precursors we are to wait on the scavenger hunt whenever they get around to it. He said something like since legendary are not necessary and purely cosmetic it is not their main focus.

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

Hey guys, though we have been keeping an eye on the prices we do not want to make any unnecessary changes therefore we’ll be further monitoring the prices see if they change in the next couple of months to 900g, here’s a thread where you can post your feedback.

You can expect the scavenger hunt “soon”, it’s something that “we’re working on but it’s further down the line” as of now I can’t “give out any details on it” but be assured that it’ll be in the game “when it’s ready”.

Thank you for your understanding.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Under Web.2497

I must apologize for the tone of my post- too many bugs in last nights session- ended up on the forums, and so my annoyance showed.
HAVING a legendary DOES show your prowess. . .that youve got 100% map completion, done x dungeon y times for the tokens, and got lots of karma and skill points, and badges.
The mats can be bought so in my eyes are not a signs of prowess ( granted they cost lots/ take time to farm)
BUT i am sure there are people in the game that have EVERYTHING except the precursor, and because of this do not have a legendary, so they cannot show their prowess to the world because they did not have a RANDOM precursor drop.
The only thing that should be random is the clovers
EVEN putting 4 unique weapons in the forge does not guarantee a precursor
HOW DIFFICULT WOULD IT BE TO ADD A FEW RECIPES TO THE FORGE?
4 FIREBRINGERS= 1 ZAP

EDIT: so there’s 20 known precursors so add 20 recipes to the forge- surely its not that difficult/complicated????

(edited by Under Web.2497)

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Hasteo.6437

Hasteo.6437

EDIT: so there’s 20 known precursors so add 20 recipes to the forge- surely its not that difficult/complicated????

Yes and these recipes will only be found randomly in high level chests

Hasteo [EVOH] – Maguuma

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

Yes and these recipes will only be found randomly in high level chests

I believe he talks about My
stic Forge recipes, which don’t need to be found in a chest.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Izuna.5307

Izuna.5307

I must apologize for the tone of my post- too many bugs in last nights session- ended up on the forums, and so my annoyance showed.
HAVING a legendary DOES show your prowess. . .that youve got 100% map completion, done x dungeon y times for the tokens, and got lots of karma and skill points, and badges.
The mats can be bought so in my eyes are not a signs of prowess ( granted they cost lots/ take time to farm)
BUT i am sure there are people in the game that have EVERYTHING except the precursor, and because of this do not have a legendary, so they cannot show their prowess to the world because they did not have a RANDOM precursor drop.
4 FIREBRINGERS= 1 ZAP

dumb idea to have a set mystic forge recipe for a precursor if you understand economics you would understand why and plus why would they want to do something like that when they want there legendaries to be hard to obtain and one fo the hard part is in fact getting the precursor. Kinda wish ppl would stop making threads about this or merge all the kittening and complaints into one.

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Under Web.2497

4 FIREBRINGERS= 1 ZAP

dumb idea to have a set mystic forge recipe for a precursor if you understand economics you would understand why and plus why would they want to do something like that when they want there legendaries to be hard to obtain and one fo the hard part is in fact getting the precursor. Kinda wish ppl would stop making threads about this or merge all the kittening and complaints into one.

sure legendaries should be hard to obtain. . . Have you seen the mats needed to make 4 firebringers?. . .(mystic forge – no recipe needed) . . . .4 eldritch scrolls (200 skill points) 120 mystic coins 1000 ori sword blades and 200 molten lodestone. .
I really dont understand what economics has to do with this. . . . this is a mmorg game that rewards players for hard work and time spent on the game. . . . . SO a precursor SHOULD NOT BE A RANDOM DROP (and especially not for the people that ONLY played on the free weekend.) . . . HOW is that HARD to obtain? – It’s CALLED LUCK

(edited by Under Web.2497)

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Naekuh.7925

Naekuh.7925

4 FIREBRINGERS= 1 ZAP

sure legendaries should be hard to obtain. . . Have you seen the mats needed to make 4 firebringers?. . .(mystic forge – no recipe needed) . . . .4 eldritch scrolls (200 skill points) 120 mystic coins 1000 ori sword blades and 200 molten lodestone. .
I really dont understand what economics has to do with this. . . . this is a mmorg game that rewards players for hard work and time spent on the game. . . . . SO a precursor SHOULD NOT BE A RANDOM DROP (and especially not for the people that ONLY played on the free weekend.) . . . HOW is that HARD to obtain? – It’s CALLED LUCK

While i do agree with you on most points i find 1 flaw.
Doing it this way, would skyrocket the price of Ori… Skyrocket the price of molten lodestones, and also skyrocket the price of mystic coins because the handful who control the TP, will monopolize on it still.

:P

you shifted our problem from expensive precursor, to expensive premats for precursor.

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

As I said in another thread, I just dumped 100g into the forge and got nothing but craftable exotics back. I used only lv 80 exotic staves in my attempts. The developers should be ashamed that they added this mechanic into the game. I’m going to be taking a break, and I’m not sure I’m going to come back.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Nappychappy.7046

Nappychappy.7046

So uh, where do you people get all this gold? I’ve struggled since post-karka era. Do you guys just spend a few hundred RM? Or play TP? I can’t stomach dungeons anymore… Just curious..

On topic: I don’t understand anets approach to legendary’s, I really don’t. Well I understand it now since we are being funneled into the gemstore, but originally, before DR’s ect.. I am at a loss.

You are using 21 of 100 infractions ermm, PMs.

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

That gold pretty much was all I had saved since the start of the game. However, I suppose you could make 5g a day easy by running all routes of AC and the first two of CoF. So that would only take 20 days. God, this is such an epic legendary quest.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: The Blue Ace.2850

The Blue Ace.2850

That gold pretty much was all I had saved since the start of the game. However, I suppose you could make 5g a day easy by running all routes of AC and the first two of CoF. So that would only take 20 days. God, this is such an epic legendary quest.

Don’t forget the 100 charged lodestones some of us have to do at 4.3 gold a stone.

Attachments:

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Nappychappy.7046

Don’t forget the 100 charged lodestones some of us have to do at 4.3 gold a stone.

/gasp

Was that taken today? I logged on to check the prices and 1 was for 3g95s and the rest for 4g12s

If they go up to 5g I will get banned.

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

4 FIREBRINGERS= 1 ZAP

You know I’d agree with you if gambling to get a precursor was the only way to get it…OH WAIT

You can buy it off the TP!

It’s your fault you decided to gamble. You lost, stop crying about it and learn that you will lose more often than you will win.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: The Blue Ace.2850

The Blue Ace.2850

/gasp

Was that taken today? I logged on to check the prices and 1 was for 3g95s and the rest for 4g12s

Yes it was taken today…

…and why would you get banned? o_O

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

4 FIREBRINGERS= 1 ZAP

While i do agree with you on most points i find 1 flaw.
Doing it this way, would skyrocket the price of Ori… Skyrocket the price of molten lodestones, and also skyrocket the price of mystic coins because the handful who control the TP, will monopolize on it still.

:P

you shifted our problem from expensive precursor, to expensive premats for precursor.

Orich can be massively farmed by 1 player, average 56 ore from all nodes each day x5 toons? 280 ore on average a day with 5 toons. mystic coins would be a problem true, however he offered that recipe as an example, same with loadstones.
His point is to make it a SET recipe, that cost could still be absurd sure but at least you would know that if you did wxy z would be the end result.

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Nappychappy.7046

/gasp

Yes it was taken today…

…and why would you get banned? o_O

Because I refuse to log/payanet/buymats/logout as my game play experience.

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

lol legendary is just cosmetic…..yes but its the only thing that is making me play this game because i am bored totally there is nothing to do i finished all dungeons have 4x gear , now just farming gold materials for precursor who’s price is 600 gold (LOL) , if i make my sunrise i will play for some while and quit i suppose.

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: KimRasmussen.4128

KimRasmussen.4128

lol legendary is just cosmetic…..yes but its the only thing that is making me play this game because i am bored totally there is nothing to do i finished all dungeons have 4x gear , now just farming gold materials for precursor who’s price is 600 gold (LOL) , if i make my sunrise i will play for some while and quit i suppose.

I feel the same way. There isnt much to do in this game. I have lots of armor sets and 4 level 80s, my elementalist is 80 soon so that will make it 5. The only thing im doing atm is playing with guildies and trying to save some gold for a precurser (i already made the 3 gifts) But with all the DR and RNG on mystic forge its starting to feel like its impossible to get it. I have gotten alot of good hours out of the game and alot for my money, but i just dont know what to do anymore other than finishing my legendary.
And WTF is up with players/sites controling the market! the precursers just keep rising ill never have enough gold to purchase one. If i go to my PM all i see is spam from gold sellers that have now begun selling precursers and finished legendarys. This kitten is getting worse every day! Yes im frustrated and yes im angry, i know its just a skin. But what sould i do in this game. I have completed dungeon master/ all jumping puzzles / all explorables, 100% world completion. Im at fractal level 35 (i know thats not alot to some of you guys) sPvP is borring if you play 8v8 is mini zerg vs mini zerg because of the lame pvp exp, WvW is nice when roaming but what up with zerg vs zerg?

rant out.

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

4 FIREBRINGERS= 1 ZAP

You know I’d agree with you if gambling to get a precursor was the only way to get it…OH WAIT

You can buy it off the TP!

It’s your fault you decided to gamble. You lost, stop crying about it and learn that you will lose more often than you will win.

Precursors that wind up on the TP still come from the same source. Either MF or loot. Both which is subjected to super low RNG. TP only serves to provide a means to distribute precursors from certain players to others. It does not actually add value to the system.

Except those gotten from previous exploits of course.

(edited by mosspit.8936)

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Kacigarka.5176

Kacigarka.5176

I feel the same way. There isnt much to do in this game. I have lots of armor sets and 4 level 80s, my elementalist is 80 soon so that will make it 5. The only thing im doing atm is playing with guildies and trying to save some gold for a precurser (i already made the 3 gifts) But with all the DR and RNG on mystic forge its starting to feel like its impossible to get it. I have gotten alot of good hours out of the game and alot for my money, but i just dont know what to do anymore other than finishing my legendary.
And WTF is up with players/sites controling the market! the precursers just keep rising ill never have enough gold to purchase one. If i go to my PM all i see is spam from gold sellers that have now begun selling precursers and finished legendarys. This kitten is getting worse every day! Yes im frustrated and yes im angry, i know its just a skin. But what sould i do in this game. I have completed dungeon master/ all jumping puzzles / all explorables, 100% world completion. Im at fractal level 35 (i know thats not alot to some of you guys) sPvP is borring if you play 8v8 is mini zerg vs mini zerg because of the lame pvp exp, WvW is nice when roaming but what up with zerg vs zerg?

rant out.

Legendaris were never considered as END GAME. Wvw, spvp, dungeons, events … are the end game.

So …. you want your Legendary, lets say .. easyer, cheaper, less rng or whatever?
So …. you have your Legendary now, what are you plans? You quit right? Because you said you are bored of the game and has nothing to do, you play only for Legendary ..

I dont understand you logic here then, if you dont find end game of Guild wars 2 fun and only thing that keeps you playing is one single weapon skin, why are you still playing? You know that you quit the game after you obtain it anyways, it wont magicaly make the end game of Guild Wars 2 fun after you craft it.

So make yourself a favour, quit the game now or wait for update. Just dont complain about Legendaries, because obviously you dont enjoy the game itself atm and you want your Legendary NOW so you can quit or show off and then quit.

I know what I am talking about, I have crafted myself 2 legendaries, Juggernaut and Predator. I bought Pre cursors from TP. And believe me or not, you get bored of Legendaries almost as fast as other dungeon/crafted weapons and It wont make you magicaly love gw2 again.

So you can be only glad that pre cursors, mats are so expensive, because if they werent you would be probably now playing an alt, League of Legends or whatever.

(edited by Kacigarka.5176)

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Nappychappy.7046

rant out.

Legendaris were never considered as END GAME. Wvw, spvp, dungeons, events … are the end game.

So …. you want your Legendary, lets say .. easyer, cheaper, less rng or whatever?
So …. you have your Legendary now, what are you plans? You quit right? Because you said you are bored of the game and has nothing to do, you play only for Legendary ..

I dont understand you logic here then, if you dont find end game of Guild wars 2 fun and only thing that keeps you playing is one single weapon skin, why are you still playing? You know that you quit the game after you obtain it anyways, it wont magicaly make the end game of Guild Wars 2 fun after you craft it.

So make yourself a favour, quit the game now or wait for update. Just dont complain about Legendaries, because obviously you dont enjoy the game itself atm and you want your Legendary NOW so you can quit or show off and then quit.

I know what I am talking about, I have crafted myself 2 legendaries, Juggernaut and Predator. I bought Pre cursors from TP. And believe me or not, you get bored of Legendaries almost as fast as other dungeon/crafted weapons and It wont make you magicaly love gw2 again.

So you can be only glad that pre cursors, mats are so expensive, because if they werent you would be probably now playing an alt, League of Legends or whatever.

Getting a legendary has nothing to do with making the game funner, it’s accomplishments, accomplishments that are blocked by crappy systems and greed. Let me play the game the way you sold it to me, don’t change it on me because the gem store is a complete flop, if Anet wants 15 a month, I’ll be happy to play, but remove the god kitten anti farm systems because they are not working, all they are doing is punishing legit players.

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The vast majority of people complaining about precursors do not want obtaining them to be easier. They want it to be more reliable. Currently your only options are to pray to the RNG gods for Zommoros to not be a total tool, to try every orr temple and dragon event ad-nausem hoping to get one out of their usually pathetic rewards, or to try and farm up an ever-increasing amount of gold to buy it from someone who was lucky.

Two of the options are completely based on an extremely low RNG and the third is partially as well. It’s nice (and a good amount of work) to be able to farm 5 gold a day, but when what you are trying to get has the price increase 6 or 7 gold a day, you are never going to obtain it.

Players going for legendaries knew when they started that it would be a long road, but at least they knew where it ended. What they didn’t anticipate was the detour called a precursor that kept changing what path it took every 30 seconds. All that they ask is that the detour have an option that is constant, even if it is a long one.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: SadieDeAtreia.8912

SadieDeAtreia.8912

Players going for legendaries knew when they started that it would be a long road, but at least they knew where it ended. What they didn’t anticipate was the detour called a precursor that kept changing what path it took every 30 seconds. All that they ask is that the detour have an option that is constant, even if it is a long one.

Quoted for truth.

I’ve pretty much given up on the legendary thing, and basically (just about almost) on the game as a whole. Just because of this silly, silly little idiocy in design.

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Walkerz.5830

Exactly, I’ve been farming non-stop to get the other 3 pieces and after all the hard work having the next goal just be “ok go find 600g” ..yea not gonna happen, also taking a break now until more updates come sadly =(

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: leprekan.7248

leprekan.7248

Not that they are even remotely interested in fixing the precursor issue but … they could do it in an afternoon.

Add a TAB to the Mystic Joke person (Myani) selling ALL precursors. 1 handed is 100 gold 2 handed is 200 gold. If people get one by way of a drop or the MJ then they still have a windfall of gold fall in their lap (as they should). This creates what the game desperately needs in the way of a REAL gold sink that removes REAL amounts of gold from the economy. The TP removes 15% compared to 100% with an NPC.

What is ironic is it would actually help them sell more Gems. More people would be willing to buy 100 or 200 dollars worth of Gems for conversion than 500+. So if it is Gem sales stopping them from this very common sense fix then they really don’t get the idea behind Walmart.

A Yak since headstart. [herm]

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

Im going to do this one time only in every QQ thread about legendaries.

Its working as they intended and it will not change and I 100% agree with it because of three simple words.

Massive gold sink.

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Not that they are even remotely interested in fixing the precursor issue but … they could do it in an afternoon.

Add a TAB to the Mystic Joke person (Myani) selling ALL precursors. 1 handed is 100 gold 2 handed is 200 gold. If people get one by way of a drop or the MJ then they still have a windfall of gold fall in their lap (as they should). This creates what the game desperately needs in the way of a REAL gold sink that removes REAL amounts of gold from the economy. The TP removes 15% compared to 100% with an NPC.

What is ironic is it would actually help them sell more Gems. More people would be willing to buy 100 or 200 dollars worth of Gems for conversion than 500+. So if it is Gem sales stopping them from this very common sense fix then they really don’t get the idea behind Walmart.

this would also hurt gold sellers a lot and speculators who try to manipulate the market in general with 2 clear messages:

“watch out if you push item value beyone reasonable you risk losing everything”
and
“dont feed speculators because you risk overpaying things”

It would be a great tool to preserve economy.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Walkerz.5830

I would say that dropping the precursors at the merchant for 100g+ would ruin some of the whole idea of the legendary if its just “oh let me go buy this quick” ..but honestly its already ruined since your only option is basically hand over 500g or waste twice as much gambling. kitten..you can even just go buy the whole legendary off the TP if you want

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

This is something I’ve suggested also and agree with.

I actually went higher on the price though, suggesting just a flat 300g across the board on the precursors. Still expensive to be sure but if you can manage the 3 other gifts, you can manage 300g. Bonus of not having that feeling that the price is moving up while you work towards getting money together. Would be a quite meaningful gold sink too which never hurts. Considering the icy runestones too, we’d be looking at many legendaries taking a flat 400g minimum out of the game (or even more if people are getting their lodestones by doing the core —> lodestone promotion, due to the wines from miyani needed for that).

Of course, they would still drop very rarely, so if someone gets a dusk and wants to sell it for 280g or something, they can have at it. For the less desirable precursors that sell for less than 300g anyway, nothing would really change and that’s fine too.

(edited by Minion of Vey.4398)

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: leprekan.7248

leprekan.7248

This is something I’ve suggested also and agree with.

I actually went higher on the price though, suggesting just a flat 300g across the board on the precursors. Still expensive to be sure but if you can manage the 3 other gifts, you can manage 300g. Bonus of not having that feeling that the price is moving up while you work towards getting money together. Would be a quite meaningful gold sink too which never hurts. Considering the icy runestones too, we’d be looking at many legendaries taking a flat 400g minimum out of the game (or even more if people are getting their lodestones by doing the core —> lodestone promotion, due to the wines from miyani needed for that).

Of course, they would still drop very rarely, so if someone gets a dusk and wants to sell it for 280g or something, they can have at it. For the less desirable precursors that sell for less than 300g anyway, nothing would really change and that’s fine too.

lol I have been posting the idea for about 2 months now and gotten nothing but infractions for the effort. The obvious answer is that they do not want to address the problem … the part that escapes me is the why. Logic and common sense seemed to have set sail for greener pastures.

What makes it even worse is that it was already used in other NcSoft games like Aion. When certain Stigmas needed by all were being manipulated to drive the price through the roof. They stepped in with an NPC and put a set price on them and the market corrected. So they KNOW it works and yet here we are two months later no where closer to a solution.

My personal favorite was when the game director posted in my thread to point those in it to a thread he commented on … so it isn’t like they aren’t aware of the suggestion. I even tried pointing out I didn’t want anything for the suggestion …. no comment still. Personally, I stopped logging in while waiting on the update on the 28th and will then get to confirm that nothing is exactly what they intend to do and uninstall.

A Yak since headstart. [herm]

(edited by leprekan.7248)

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Nappychappy.7046

Im going to do this one time only in every QQ thread about legendaries.

Its working as they intended and it will not change and I 100% agree with it because of three simple words.

Massive gold sink.

Massive gold sink? Transferring gold from one hand to another isn’t a gold sink. Removing gold entirely from the game, is a gold sink.

If legendary precursors were soulbound and implemented through a vendor for a set amount in the beginning Anet and the players would have been much better off. Arenanet pretty much gave bots free reign for a solid 2 months. As it is now Arenanet acts as they have no competition; however every day we have flyer’s in our inbox’s (in game/on forums) X USD = X GOLD plus X Bonus, right?

You think the TP isn’t dictated? If Anet doesn’t compete, we will all suffer.

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Mazrim.2167

Mazrim.2167

“Is Anet monitoring Precursors?”

NO.

Working as intended as far as they’re concerned. “Korean – style MMO – grind!!”

Much to the joy of the 2% of players controlling the TP (who I suspect are the main ones bashing anyone who dares speak against the current broken system /dons tinfoil hat). :p

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

SadieDeAtreia.8912

A very similar idea to the ones mentioned in this thread has been doing the rounds for a while now.. (I don’t take credit for this idea, if someone wants to waste 2 minutes to post it in the suggestions forum, please, go ahead)

It goes like this:
For every 4 exotics or rares you dump in the toile.. err, forge, you get a ‘token’ of sorts.
The number of tokens will correspond to the quality of the items dropped. (clever people can work out the economics around this)
Myani will sell the precursors (and perhaps some other things like crystals and stones) for a predetermined amount of these mystic forge tokens.

What does this mean?
You take your chances and, when unsuccessful, you at least get some form of progression towards your goal.
Some people will still get lucky. Some wont.
People who got theirs the old way will have little reason to complain.
Lucky people can still sell the precursors if they so desire. Instant gratification for those who are into that kind of thing will therefore still be available.
Current gold sink will be intact.
Forums will be a much happier place to be. Oh wait, nobody will be on the forums because everyone will be in-game.
edit: forgot the :-P after the last sentence…

(edited by SadieDeAtreia.8912)

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Zong Zongo.6591

Zong Zongo.6591

That idea with the tokens from the forge is the best idea I have seen on all the the forums

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Mazrim.2167

Mazrim.2167

That idea with the tokens from the forge is the best idea I have seen on all the the forums

But since this makes sense on a basic level, Anet would never implement such an idea.

They want us to grind mindlessly for months on end for a single, remote chance at obtaining a precursor.

Now THAT’S a frigging FEATURE!!

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Zong Zongo.6591

Zong Zongo.6591

But you are still doing the grind and at the same time you can see a progress that is not just a slap in the face. If they did do such a thing I don’t expect the tokens would be a low amount, I would think the tokens to be a lot more that we would expect

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Desbreko.7906

Desbreko.7906

I think a token system like that would be perfect even if it required throwing like 400 exotics into the forge or whatever. Because the real problem with getting a precursor isn’t that it’s expensive, it’s that getting unlucky actually sets you back from completing your legendary. With every other part of a legendary, getting unlucky with drops just means your rate of progress is slower, but you never actually make negative progress.

For example, say you’re trying to get clovers but getting unlucky; you’re still getting t6 mats and other stuff you can sell for progress towards the rest of Gift of Fortune. Or if you’re farming for lodestones and not getting any, you’re still getting money from other drops to go towards buying lodestones. But when you’re unlucky in getting a precursor from the forge, you lose money and get nothing in return, which means you’re farther away from being able to buy a precursor.

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Under Web.2497

THE trouble with this, is that, exotics can still be bought with gold -so the precursor becomes another gold grind and just gold – no skill needed and i’m not in favour of this. I believe a precursor should be less than a legendary (obviously) but more than uniques. To this extent i would like precursors to involve some SKILL to get (skill points, karma, badges, relics, dungeon tokens(even jumping puzzles- and i’m rubbish at them!)). . . . . anything to keep as much of a precursor away from the tp (which i believe is being manipulated by a select few)

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Desbreko.7906

Desbreko.7906

Making precursors require something other than massive amounts of gold is all well and good, but you can’t just remove a huge gold and item sink like they are now without upsetting other parts of the economy. That’s why any short term fix would need to keep that sink intact while only removing the complete reliance on RNG. Rebalancing things around a non-gold sink method of obtaining precursors would simply take too much work to implement quickly. And if ANet can’t implement it quickly and with minimal work, it’s pointless because they’re already working on a long term fix with the scavenger hunt.

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Pyro.3069

Pyro.3069

Don’t worry gaiz, the solution is so obvious I’m sure Anet is working on it as we speak:

Gain a legendary precursor at 10k achievement pointz.

Getting stuff, for achievin’ stuff. Makes alotta sense.

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

SadieDeAtreia.8912

Hey guys, I know we said we’re monitoring prices and that, at 300g back then, we thought that it may put precursors out of reach for a lot of people.

We are still monitoring it. We still feel the same way, especially now that some have reached 700g.

Feel free to post on the forums reminding us to keep monitoring it. We will monitor the forum posts about this in the same way.

monitoring precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: ZBeeblebrox.4928

ZBeeblebrox.4928

A very similar idea to the ones mentioned in this thread has been doing the rounds for a while now.. (I don’t take credit for this idea, if someone wants to waste 2 minutes to post it in the suggestions forum, please, go ahead)

It goes like this:
For every 4 exotics or rares you dump in the toile.. err, forge, you get a ‘token’ of sorts.
The number of tokens will correspond to the quality of the items dropped. (clever people can work out the economics around this)
Myani will sell the precursors (and perhaps some other things like crystals and stones) for a predetermined amount of these mystic forge tokens.

What does this mean?
You take your chances and, when unsuccessful, you at least get some form of progression towards your goal.
Some people will still get lucky. Some wont.
People who got theirs the old way will have little reason to complain.
Lucky people can still sell the precursors if they so desire. Instant gratification for those who are into that kind of thing will therefore still be available.
Current gold sink will be intact.
Forums will be a much happier place to be. Oh wait, nobody will be on the forums because everyone will be in-game.
edit: forgot the :-P after the last sentence…

The funny thing is that this system has already been shown to work with the “Pristine Fractal Relic” system. I got completely screwed by the RNG while grinding FOTM 10. Never got a single ring until probably my 15th or 16th run, while my friend got 4 rings in only 9 runs. Yet, I was still making progress toward my rings. Even after 15 runs of nothing, I had 15/20 relics necessary to just buy both.

Why they wouldn’t implement such a thing for precursors is beyond me.