mystic forge stone

mystic forge stone

in Crafting

Posted by: Clumsy.6257

Clumsy.6257

Is it possible to use the stones to get a precursor out of the MF?

mystic forge stone

in Crafting

Posted by: SRoode.7318

SRoode.7318

Yes, others have said they have done it that way.

EDIT: But you will get a random exotic (which could be a pre), but not necessarily the one you want.

mystic forge stone

in Crafting

Posted by: Clumsy.6257

Clumsy.6257

So it would be possible to put 3 pistols and a stone and come out with a GS?

mystic forge stone

in Crafting

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Yes.

15characters

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

mystic forge stone

in Crafting

Posted by: Vexien.4790

Vexien.4790

As a follow-up question, is a weapon (and therefore a chance of a precursor) guaranteed?

mystic forge stone

in Crafting

Posted by: Black Wolf.7348

Black Wolf.7348

the mystic forge stone works as if you throw in 4 random rares/exotic, which means you get a random one back. everything after that is as normal.
% for rare to become exotic and chance of precursor is there as normal.

mystic forge stone

in Crafting

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

If you put in 3 weapons and a forge stone you are guaranteed to get a weapon back. The weapon category is randomized, so if you throw in 3 pistols you have the same chance of getting a greatsword as getting another pistol.

The stone does not contribute at all to the level of the items you throw in; if you put in 3 level 80 exotics the average level is still 80, and if you put in 3 70s the average level is still 70.

mystic forge stone

in Crafting

Posted by: Heylo.4938

Heylo.4938

I put in two level 78 exotic pistols and a level 78 exotic shield with a stone and got Dawn. Since then, I’ve mainly gotten trakitten’s not the best way to go about getting your precursor, but it does happen.

Sickest Guild [NA] Blackgate

mystic forge stone

in Crafting

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I have read and heard the the mystick forge stone will act as a random ‘exotic’ if you have three other exotics.

Which means, if I put 3 exotic pistols in the forge with a mystic forge stone, it will act as the fourth random exotic.

BUT, I have read that it acts as a totally random exotic. Which means it acts like a random weapon or random armor. This pulls in the armor loot tables also instead of just the weapon loot tables.

Just what I have read, and if true this means the chance for precursor will be a lot lower because you are pulling from both the weapon and armor loot tables instead of just the weapon loot tables.

mystic forge stone

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I have read and heard the the mystick forge stone will act as a random ‘exotic’ if you have three other exotics.

Which means, if I put 3 exotic pistols in the forge with a mystic forge stone, it will act as the fourth random exotic.

BUT, I have read that it acts as a totally random exotic. Which means it acts like a random weapon or random armor. This pulls in the armor loot tables also instead of just the weapon loot tables.

Just what I have read, and if true this means the chance for precursor will be a lot lower because you are pulling from both the weapon and armor loot tables instead of just the weapon loot tables.

Not entirely true.

If you put in 3 weapons and a stone, you will get a weapon. You will not get an armor at all.

source:
I’ve done well over 50 combines with the mystic forge stone (and got Zap)

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

mystic forge stone

in Crafting

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Not entirely true.

If you put in 3 weapons and a stone, you will get a weapon. You will not get an armor at all.

source:
I’ve done well over 50 combines with the mystic forge stone (and got Zap)

Well then, that is GREAT news to know. I’ve been hesitant about using those stones lately because of that rumor.

mystic forge stone

in Crafting

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I’ve recently got about 6 named exotics from the forge by throwing in the poorer rare weapons from daily events and a mystic forge stone.

Surely a precursor can’t be too far off, can it?

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”