oranges....

oranges....

in Crafting

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Why did these get removed from vendors again? even region ones?

I’ve looked over the list of things that oranges are made with and don’t see any game breaking things that could have lead to this decision….

Now I have to figure out where bags of booty are located to see if I can get any to make the fruit salad.

Oh and the TP has 2 right now in case anyone suggests that.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

oranges....

in Crafting

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

“I’ve looked over the list of things that oranges are made with and don’t see any game breaking things that could have lead to this decision….”

oranges enabled you to level from like, 200-300 cooking with nothing but karma, which was deemed too strong.
Pre-nerf, cooking was the easiest and cheapest crafting by far. You required exactly 1 item that couldnt be bought for 80 copper or under 100 karma, and that was like, 13 raspberries, which had set bushes in fireheart rise that were always there.

What are you trying to do with the oranges? Is there a specific food you want, or are you simply trying to level your cooking? If it’s the former, what is it? perhaps there are alternatives. If it’s the latter, then there are definitely cheaper and easier alternatives to leveling.

oranges....

in Crafting

Posted by: MissKittin.1657

MissKittin.1657

Bags of Booty drop from Pirates (Lornar’s Pass and Harathi), I believe you also find Oranges in Ritual Sacks and Medium Ritual Bags (Flame Legion) and Thorned Sacks (Nightmare Court)… Hope this helps

Overall, I like this game…
But I’m concerned about where it seems to be heading!
Distinctly less shiny than it once was

oranges....

in Crafting

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

“I’ve looked over the list of things that oranges are made with and don’t see any game breaking things that could have lead to this decision….”

oranges enabled you to level from like, 200-300 cooking with nothing but karma, which was deemed too strong.
Pre-nerf, cooking was the easiest and cheapest crafting by far. You required exactly 1 item that couldnt be bought for 80 copper or under 100 karma, and that was like, 13 raspberries, which had set bushes in fireheart rise that were always there.

What are you trying to do with the oranges? Is there a specific food you want, or are you simply trying to level your cooking? If it’s the former, what is it? perhaps there are alternatives. If it’s the latter, then there are definitely cheaper and easier alternatives to leveling.

I was trying to make the fruit salad they have available with the new fruit from the karka island, but that’s prolly going to be near impossible now with DR and the drop nerfs.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

oranges....

in Crafting

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

Pre-nerf, cooking was the easiest and cheapest crafting by far.

It wasn’t the cheapest – the issue with cooking was that the trading post didn’t work, and unlike the other crafting professions you aren’t dependent on acquiring a bunch of fine crafting materials to advance. So while every other profession was held back by the inability to trade, cooking was the go-to since all the ingredients were actually available.

This became a non-issue once the trading post was opened, but was ‘fixed’ anyway.

oranges....

in Crafting

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Pre-nerf, cooking was the easiest and cheapest crafting by far.

It wasn’t the cheapest – the issue with cooking was that the trading post didn’t work, and unlike the other crafting professions you aren’t dependent on acquiring a bunch of fine crafting materials to advance. So while every other profession was held back by the inability to trade, cooking was the go-to since all the ingredients were actually available.

This became a non-issue once the trading post was opened, but was ‘fixed’ anyway.

You can do cooking right now, in under a gold.
Before, half the ingredients that you would need were karma rather than money. Meaning that cooking to 400 before the nerf, took well under a gold.

As far as I know. No other craft costs under a gold, buying a majority of the ingredients.