in Crafting

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

(edited by Ulquiorra.6903)

over 1000(edit)tries taped...

in Crafting

Posted by: Soban.3754

Soban.3754

It’s a skin. Just thought I’d remind everyone.

in Crafting

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

i got my precursor with 5th try… i guess i was lucky.

Reaper – AnguĂ®sh

in Crafting

Ulquiorra.6903

id like that kind of luck. but im done, i do not know how much more id have to throw in to get my precursor and frankly this is probably one of the most frustrating and infuriating experience i have ever encountered in any mmo ever, and i mean that. i do not know how this is supposed to be fun in any way shape or form (yah the design can make some people extremly happy as the Dev put it, but where is my joy?). @ soban yah its just a skin and id also like to remind you everything you do in gw2 is virtual and not real, but that doesn’t mean you do not have goals does it? i don’t want to badmouth Anet but I am pretty much over this nonsense.

in Crafting

Posted by: Aidez.2384

Aidez.2384

After over 600 attempt’s (the ones I recorded) with yellow 80 daggers and trying for Spark I’m done. I can’t justify farming gold for which there is no return at all. 250g + on the weapons now… good to see they’re keeping an eye on things.

in Crafting

Posted by: Rore.3548

Rore.3548

Less rares, more exotics. When I try, I plan on doing it right.

in Crafting

Posted by: Artorous.8573

Artorous.8573

Going with the title I’m going to assume 1000 tries means you used 4000 rares. At an average of 17.5k per rare, you spent 700 gold on rares which means you could have bought 2 precursors.

Now let’s say you have a 20% chance to get an exotic per attempt. At 1k attempts that averages 200 exotics. Exotics range in price from 2 to 10+ gold each, so I’m going to go with 5g per. That means you could have made roughly 1k gold off of selling the exotics which would net you 3 of the most expensive precursors, almost.

If 1k attempts means 1k rares, or 250 forges, then that means you spent under 200 gold, probably closer to 100 if you crafted them. Again, assuming a 20% chance at an exotic at roughly 5g a pop, you could have made roughly 250g, again you’re coming out ahead and you could have continued to make more.

Instead, you kept wasting money instead of just saving and flat out buying for less so kudos for being a great economist.

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

most exotics you get are barely worth 2-3g. And chance is probably lower than 20%

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Crafting

Artorous.8573

most exotics you get are barely worth 2-3g. And chance is probably lower than 20%

And there are several that are worth more than 10 and several of the exotics have sigils that are worth more than the exotic. That’s why I used a 5g average. With the number of attempts claimed you would make more than enough to just buy one.

in Crafting

Posted by: Archer.6485

Archer.6485

There is no way in hell that throwing rares into the Mystic forge gets you enough exotics to cover your losses and make a profit. Otherwise everyone would be doing it. Like it or not, your math is completely off. Don’t believe me? Go spend a few hundred gold on it and tell me what you earned.

in Crafting

Artorous.8573

Let’s do math!
Op claims to have made 1k attempts.
Each attempt takes 4 rares.
Each rare costs roughly 12 silver to craft, give or take.
At 1k attempts that is 4k rares which is almost 500 gold worth of rares.
Since a large sum of those were rares spit out by the forge, probably a third or so, we can subtract that from the total which brings us to 340g worth of rares. Would have been easier to just buy one.

Now, let’s pretend the OP bought them off the TC.
The average cost is around 18s, sometimes jumps above 20 but we will go with 18.
4k at 18s a piece brings us to 640 gold.
Again we subtract a third for rares spit out by the forge so it brings us to roughly 430 gold.
It’s a lot cheaper to buy a precursor at that point.

If he had saved the money, instead of gambling it away, he could have already afforded a precursor.

in Crafting

Ulquiorra.6903

i meant over 1000 (around 1600) rares and about 200 exotics. not 1000 attempts o.o, sorry for the misunderstanding.

even at that yes i could have just purchased my pre cursor from trading post if i wanted to but since beta i wanted to create my legendary, little did i know i would be in for a treat lol..

(edited by Ulquiorra.6903)

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The Mystic Forge and Precursor gambling is obviously intended to be a major gold sink for the game, so it’s doubtful that ANet will ever change it to make Precursors easier to get. My advice? Just farm, save up and BUY the Precursors instead.

in Crafting

Posted by: Archer.6485

Archer.6485

Maybe he had enough money to buy a precursor, just don’t say he could have made even more money by throwing them into the forge.

Btw, a rare greatsword is closer to 14.5 silver.

24x mithril for 30c each
12x elder wood for 30c each
15x t5 fine mat for 25c each

That’s 1455 copper or 14.55 silver. Of course TP prices change all the time so it gets cheaper or more expensive all the time.

in Crafting

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

You know, when you keep emphasising that it is KOREAN RNG, you come off as a very racist git.

in Crafting

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

Thank you for shopping at Carrion Krait Slayer’s Inc.

We appreciate your business, and hope you enjoyed the craftsmanship and attention to detail that we place in each and every one of the swords we make.

If anyone was wondering how I went from 30g to 600g in less than a week, it was from crafting and selling tens of thousands of Carrion Krait Slayer swords back when the profit margin was close to 3-4s/sword sold (around the 23-24s/sword mark on gw2spidy.com).

95% market share helped too.

Protip: If you’re going to combine 4000 swords (assuming this is 1000 combines), you should probably just train weaponsmithing up and save yourself 100s of gold in production costs. You paid about 25% more than you needed to.

It’s kinda hard to feel sorry for you wasting money when you don’t think things through before you do them.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

(edited by deathTouch.9706)

in Crafting

Ulquiorra.6903

Thank you for shopping at Carrion Krait Slayer’s Inc.

We appreciate your business, and hope you enjoyed the craftsmanship and attention to detail that we place in each and every one of the swords we make.

If anyone was wondering how I went from 30g to 600g in less than a week, it was from crafting and selling tens of thousands of Carrion Krait Slayer swords back when the profit margin was close to 3-4s/sword sold (around the 23-24s/sword mark on gw2spidy.com).

95% market share helped too.

Protip: If you’re going to combine 4000 swords (assuming this is 1000 combines), you should probably just train weaponsmithing up and save yourself 100s of gold in production costs. You paid about 25% more than you needed to.

It’s kinda hard to feel sorry for you wasting money when you don’t think things through before you do them.

25% less or more i dont care i just wanted to craft my precursor lol.

in Crafting

Artorous.8573

Ok, with the new info:
1k Swords at 14.5 silver each you spent 145g, if you crafted them yourself.
Subtract a third for forge swords and you’re at less than a hundred gold spent.
The average price for Dusk is almost 4x what you spent total.
Let’s say you had gotten one for that investiment. I guarantee you you would have sold instead of crafting your legendary as you could have made enough to make 3 more.

Now, someone who’s good with probabilities do the math for me as I’m not. Since there are at least 20 different exotics that could come from forging 4 rares and the chance of getting an exotic is between 10 and 20%, go with 15, what are the odds of getting the one you want? There, now ou can guestimate the average number it will take.

And I’m not even going to bring up the 200 exotics you’ve used as that is more than enough gold to purchase one.

in Crafting

Ulquiorra.6903

Ok, with the new info:
1k Swords at 14.5 silver each you spent 145g, if you crafted them yourself.
Subtract a third for forge swords and you’re at less than a hundred gold spent.
The average price for Dusk is almost 4x what you spent total.
Let’s say you had gotten one for that investiment. I guarantee you you would have sold instead of crafting your legendary as you could have made enough to make 3 more.

Now, someone who’s good with probabilities do the math for me as I’m not. Since there are at least 20 different exotics that could come from forging 4 rares and the chance of getting an exotic is between 10 and 20%, go with 15, what are the odds of getting the one you want? There, now ou can guestimate the average number it will take.

And I’m not even going to bring up the 200 exotics you’ve used as that is more than enough gold to purchase one.

ok…… i stated earlier yes i could have simply purchased my pre cursor however, in all of gw2 i have never purchased a weapon or armor or even accessory to wear, i either crafted them myself, did a dungeon for it, or a friend made it for me. even now i could purchase it if i wanted to but that isnt the point. why have a rate thats so stupendously low? there are people who have put in more than i have and just straight up quit and go back to other games that i wont mention. i am questioning the “mystic toilet”. im not saying you are wrong and in the end if i am still around and feel the urge to still get it i may end up just purchasing it but it still does not mean experiences like these are not excatly what anet sold to us when they advertised their game.

in Crafting

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

ok…… i stated earlier yes i could have simply purchased my pre cursor however, in all of gw2 i have never purchased a weapon or armor or even accessory to wear, i either crafted them myself, did a dungeon for it, or a friend made it for me.

You bought thousands of Carrion Krait Slayers off the TP to make that video so…

What’s the deal?

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

(edited by deathTouch.9706)

in Crafting

Posted by: HolyCowBBQ.6371

HolyCowBBQ.6371

You bought thousands of Carrion Krait Slayers off the TP to make that video so…

What’s the deal?

1.Help the community realize how hard it can be to obtain precursore if you didn’t exploit the god skull?

2.Feel more self-entitled to have legendary badge?

3.Feel there’s no need to kitten around on forum but to help the people?

in Crafting

Posted by: Hippocampus.8470

Hippocampus.8470

It’s also hard when their wasted money is now in your bank account, I suspect. :-)

in Crafting

Posted by: Healerith.5921

Healerith.5921

1000 trys = 4000 exotics. 4000 exotics = 4000 or so gold. Average market value for precursor is 250-300 gold. Why would anyone ever try to get it from the forge?

in Crafting

Posted by: Cancer.9065

Cancer.9065

Has anyone though that maybe the more Dusk/Dawn/“insert legendary” are created then the chance for another goes down for a while? to keep them rare.

Cancer is also a Zodiac sign.

in Crafting

Posted by: mSum.4831

mSum.4831

The thing that bugs me about this the most is that it encourages the selling of gold. In a way it IS pay to win. If they aren’t using one of the many gold sellers spamming map chat all day….then they probably spent like a $1,000 and traded gems for gold and worked on the weapons that way.

I wish NONE of the items used to make a legendary where achievable via gold. That would make a legendary even more legendary. Now I see people with them on YouTube and whatnot and I think to myself…that guy probably bought gold for the pre-weapon and loadstones, etc.

in Crafting

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

Im on that train as well. Spent about 50g on trys, and pretty much nothing so far. Using lvl 80 rare rifles.

And they said it wouldnt have grind or anoying tasks right? Nothing is more anoying than karma farming and money farming for empty trys.

Hypocrate much?

You decided that you wanted a particular weapon skin, so you signed up for this. There are plenty of other rifles with identical stats that require far less to acquire. This is not grind.

Grind is when you and a group stand in one place for hours on end killing the same enemies over and over and over because, aside from raiding, this is all there is to the game—the only path to advancement, to leveling, to better gear.

If you’re 80 and have full exotics, you are at the top—there is no more advancement, except what you choose to do. If you want to grind for one of the rarest weapon skins, that is your choice, and yes, you can grind, but by the same token if your goal is to amass as much coin as possible, or every minipet, or every dye color, you will have to engage in repetitive tasks (e.g. grind) until you reach your goal.

How effortless was it to make it to 80? How much effort did it really take to get exotic weapons and armor? You brought this on yourself. ArenaNet knew that there is a segment of the player base that wants this type of content, so they made it, just for them. If you are genuinely not in this group, then it is time to accept that you don’t find fun in this and find something to do something that is fun. But if you are, then you asked for it. You want it. So no complaining. Is the rarest skin out of your reach? Try some of the exotics. No, they aren’t red, but there are some very rare exotics to be had.

@mSum: How is it pay to win? 10 steel, 10 seasoned wood planks, some mystic coins, and 50SP is all it took for me to get a top-end sword. I had that laying around. Sure, that sword has an orange name, not red, but it is just as strong as a legendary.

Any legendary is purely cosmetic, so the only thing it will help you win is a fashion show. An army of minipets or dye colors you’re not wearing has as much impact on your ability to fight as a legendary does.

-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]

in Crafting

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Wiki says you can get dawn from high level world event chests…. that sounds like more fun.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”