precursors, precursors nowhere.

in Crafting

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

What happened to the first post in the legendary precursor droprate thread? Says it was posted by lindsay murlock but there ain’t anything there.

It’s also probably the most ignored thread of all time.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Crafting

Posted by: Kryptonite.9376

Kryptonite.9376

Anet has ignored all threads regarding the precursors also loot drops (risk vs reward) or more truthfully told Reward vs Time played. They are trying to sweep under the rug those topics until they can make any changes and are pretty much refusing to address them directly.

in Crafting

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

We still plan to do both new legendary weapons, as well as a clear path (on top of the current random chance) to gain precursors which players can see their progress and understand how much work they have left to do to gain it.

It’s highly likely the precursor concept will involve playing varied different content all over the game to gather numerous content specific materials that are combined together to make a precursor.

We do also want to maintain that chance you could get lucky and earn one earlier through random drops, so when we add the new system we will not remove the current one to ensure players have multiple ways to gain the items. Also with the upcoming update to WvW, there will be a chance players can earn precursors from the WvW rank reward chests as well.

From about a month ago: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/New-Legendaries-Rework/first#post2074359

If they’d sticky these threads or somehow move them into a new thread that gets stickied, we’d be done with the precursor question. They’re working on it, and won’t give us a timeline so people don’t scream and cry when they’re 5 minutes late and so the precursor market doesn’t go nuts twice (speculation+actual reaction).

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

in Crafting

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

We still plan to do both new legendary weapons, as well as a clear path (on top of the current random chance) to gain precursors which players can see their progress and understand how much work they have left to do to gain it.

It’s highly likely the precursor concept will involve playing varied different content all over the game to gather numerous content specific materials that are combined together to make a precursor.

We do also want to maintain that chance you could get lucky and earn one earlier through random drops, so when we add the new system we will not remove the current one to ensure players have multiple ways to gain the items. Also with the upcoming update to WvW, there will be a chance players can earn precursors from the WvW rank reward chests as well.

They also said that in the beginning of the year in their to-do list that they wanted to accomplish in the following 6 months. The biggest thing that gets to me, is that if someone finds the precursor, they find 3-4 more right after that. So the RNG of .003% of whatever it is is just complete you-know-what.

in Crafting

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

+1 to that… they really need to put some kitten Streak-Breaker into their code.

They basically already have with all the Diminishing Returns on farming everything… too bad they didn’t extend the same effort towards those people who are continually UNLUCKY, esp with the Forge. (Y’know, there used to be a Title in GW1 for that…. hmm, I wonder why there isn’t one here?)

in Crafting

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I’d hate to be that guy but I think a lot of this has to do with the cash shop. I’d rather pay $15 a month than deal with RNG for my entire career in GW2

in Crafting

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

+1 to that… they really need to put some kitten Streak-Breaker into their code.

They basically already have with all the Diminishing Returns on farming everything… too bad they didn’t extend the same effort towards those people who are continually UNLUCKY, esp with the Forge. (Y’know, there used to be a Title in GW1 for that…. hmm, I wonder why there isn’t one here?)

That would be way too easy for me to achieve… ~300 rares and 20 exotics… not a single precursor… I seriously don’t know what I’m doing wrong.

Maybe I should stock all this rares and then use them all at the same time? Because buying 20-30 at a time has gotten me nowhere T_T In fact please Anet make that Unlucky title happen so that I may get more points in the upcoming patch!

Edit: Just in case, I know that since it’s RNG I won’t get any higher chances of using them at the same time… but at least it won’t be as depressing.

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in Crafting

Posted by: CryxTryx.9208

CryxTryx.9208

I’d hate to be that guy but I think a lot of this has to do with the cash shop. I’d rather pay $15 a month than deal with RNG for my entire career in GW2

That might make sense if you could currently buy Legendary weapon skins in the cash shop, or even weapon skins at all.

Since you can not I don’t know how you are relating the two together. They are mutually exclusive at this point.