salvaging question

salvaging question

in Crafting

Posted by: architect.3167

architect.3167

Hello
I trying to collect materials to make nice things. I salvaging every item i get, but I am confuse about what i get sometimes.

If i salvage level 80 light armor usually i get silk scrap, sometime gossamer. I look at the wiki and it say silk scrap come from level 58-80 armor and it say gossamer come from level 70-80 armor. How I know which one I will recieve? Same thing with ore, sometimes I get mithril from heavy armor and sometimes orichalcum. I am using the copper fed salvage o matic. Is the times I get gossamer and orichalcum from a salvage the 10% chance to upgrade? or is it random?

Thank you

Also sorry about my english.

salvaging question

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Every salvageable item has a base chance to give a higher tier material when salvaged.
For armor/trinkets/weapons i believe it to be around 10% to which the %of the salvage kit to salvage higher tier mats gets applied.

So basically its more profitable to use a crude salvage kit to salvage light armor (because silk is more expensive than gossamer) and the copper fed salvage o matic for heavy armor or weapons, where t6 is more expensive than t5.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

salvaging question

in Crafting

architect.3167

ok that make sense thank you so much.

salvaging question

in Crafting

architect.3167

pardon, i have one more question about salvageing. In case of cloth if silk come from 58-80 amor and linen come from level 44-63, how i know what i will get from armor between 58-63? do i get linen or silk?

salvaging question

in Crafting

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

pardon, i have one more question about salvageing. In case of cloth if silk come from 58-80 amor and linen come from level 44-63, how i know what i will get from armor between 58-63? do i get linen or silk?

58-63 can produce either at random. The higher the quality of your salvage kit the higher your chances of getting silk.

salvaging question

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

The answer to the OPs question of confusion is that you CAN NOT know which material you will get. The game is based on RANDOM (RNG) rewards in MANY MANY aspects of the game….get used to it.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances