shoutout new crafting recipes

shoutout new crafting recipes

in Crafting

Posted by: Cyto.9401

Cyto.9401

Greetings,

i am a gw2 player, who makes his money by being a chef. (also not a native English speaker)

i last posted on these subforums about the recipes they added during the flame and frost patches. the situation has not changed since and it makes no sign too do so any time soon (with spicy herbed chicken going up to 4gold a pop not too long ago). despite spectacular profits (20% or more on nearly all the recipes) the amount of the dish that gets moved from player A to player B in the trade post is very low.
why?
because there are dishes who give the same stats, but only last half as long (30 minutes as opposed to an hour), or are just simply not worth the price. the kicker is, the dishes that last half as long also are (a lot) less expensive then the 1 hour dishes. making it silly to buy/craft the flame and frost dishes.

an example: look up the price for Frostgorge Clams, and then look up the price for Truffle Ravioli. both share the same stats, except the Frostgorge Clams last 2 times as long. it also happens to be 7.24 times as expensive.

i always enjoy seeing new recipes added by arenanet, and id love to see more cooking recipes. but may i please ask for consistency:
most recipes in “vanilla” gw2 require 1 of an item most of the time, sometimes 2 (dyes being the exception). the new recipes they added require up to 30 of a single item.
chefs (like me) are not going to make recipes for a loss if we can help it. so having items that have 10x 20x or even 30x in a single recipe will not benefit the items craft-ability.

now it does not take a genius to realize this would happen, so the reason i think arenanet happened to do this is that they wanted to reduce a lot of the items who where selling for minimum before the patch. clams, mushrooms, kale, …

id ask of arenanet that they add dishes that have more original stat combinations, that are viable, with a crafting recipe that maybe use 1 or 2 of a single ingredient.
if those crafting ingredients happen to be items that are selling for prices a lot less then what anet projected them to be sold for, the initial price of the dish will be very low, resulting in it being a lot more accessible to people. more people will buy it and the backlog of “cheaper then intended” crafting materials will disappear over time.

there are currently 11 stats that can be given by food, that means you can make 110 food items which use 2 of those stats each (not counting the special ones eg: 40% chance to give frozen on crit during the night, passive heals, 12% increased burn duration, ..etc).

Marjories experimental chilly is a step in the right direction, though 3 peppercorn is perhaps a tad to much. maybe 1 peppercorn would be closer to the right amount. considering this is a very long recipe chain already.

this post was intended to point out something that might need changing, and perhaps prevent the same from happening again, so it had to be crafting OR the suggestions forum.

tl;dr chef recipes that require 10 or more of one ingredient are (near) dead content, and should be avoided in the future. new chef recipes with different stat combinations would be very welcome, but try to keep the amount of ingredients required to a minimum (less then 4 maybe?)

thanks for reading!