so about Mystic Clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: trane.4569

trane.4569

Q:

I’ll be crafting my mystic clovers pretty soon.. I’m just waiting to get my 1 million karma..
But I’m wondering:

Which recipe should I go for? 10 or 1?

I know that 1 recipe has technically 33% chance of success, but I also heard that the 10 recipe stacks the success % if you do them all in a row. Is this last statement true?

uuuhmn… yeah.. that’s about it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

I’ll be crafting my mystic clovers pretty soon.. I’m just waiting to get my 1 million karma..
But I’m wondering:

I know that 1 recipe has technically 33% chance of success, but I also heard that the 10 recipe stacks the success % if you do them all in a row. Is this last statement true?

The statement about perentages stacking is copletely unconfirmed and likely not true. Really it coes down to whether or not you feel lucky. The 1-clover recipe involves a much larger num er of events so you’re very like to end up in a certain range of events ( 240-250 with a standard deviation ~10). Using the 10-clover recipe involvves many fewer events so you have a much larger standard deviation. You could get realy lucky and rattle off 3-4 winners in a row or you could get equally unlucky and miss many ina row. Neither is more advantageous, but i prefer the 1-clover recipe since the number of mats necessary is much more predictable

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in Crafting

Posted by: Skar Hand.5037

Skar Hand.5037

But I’m wondering:

The statement about perentages stacking is copletely unconfirmed and likely not true. Really it coes down to whether or not you feel lucky. The 1-clover recipe involves a much larger num er of events so you’re very like to end up in a certain range of events ( 240-250 with a standard deviation ~10). Using the 10-clover recipe involvves many fewer events so you have a much larger standard deviation. You could get realy lucky and rattle off 3-4 winners in a row or you could get equally unlucky and miss many ina row. Neither is more advantageous, but i prefer the 1-clover recipe since the number of mats necessary is much more predictable

Well…do ya….punk?

Sorry I couldn’t resist.

I have “heard” of people getting 80 clovers in ten 10x combines, and others getting 80 in 400-500 (ecto/obsidian). If you are a gambler, go for the 10×. If you prefer to play it safer (still no guarantee of saferness, just more likely) go with the 1×.

There is another thread on page 1 of this sub-forum that is over 100 posts discussing peoples elation and frustration on this very topic.

I need to be able to dodge and leave a clone behind at work/home.

in Crafting

Posted by: Galrukh.6532

Galrukh.6532

I did 3 × 10 combines, got 30 T6 venom sacs and 20 mystic clovers. After that I didnt dare to do it again and did 1’s the rest of the way.
I feel that the 10’s are more risky, it feels worse once you get behind and have to get several in a row to catch up to the average.
I think it depends on how much you like high risk / high reward

Help build the next big RvR game.
Camelot Unchained is on Kickstarter.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained?ref=live

in Crafting

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I just did 7×10. Easy.

The clovers are one of the easiest things to acquire, by the way. After a while you realise that you need gold, just lots and lots of gold to buy a lot of the other components (t6 materials & lodestones).

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

in Crafting

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I just did 7×10. Easy.

The clovers are one of the easiest things to acquire, by the way. After a while you realise that you need gold, just lots and lots of gold to buy a lot of the other components (t6 materials & lodestones).

you’re just really really lucky and favored by the RNG gods. Some people took almost 2 stacks to get their 77.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Crafting

Posted by: rooster.2745

rooster.2745

using the solo 1 method , and tried the ten and very dissapointed lol , had used 62 ectos and have 27 clovers , i think thats good odds?

in Crafting

Posted by: Chaion.8341

Chaion.8341

I would give the 10-recipe a try. I got my clovers with it in less than the supposed amount that it would require.

There is a lot of risk-vs-reward discussion on clovers, but I don’t think the risk is big enough not to try the 10 recipe:
1. You could save a LOT of money and effort.
2. If you go over the average, chances are you won’t go THAT far over.
3. Every time you do get 10, you’re a good bit further along to the 77.
4. If your recipe fails, you will probably get stuff you need anyway for other parts.

Only thing I would say is, if you’re going to use the 10 method, do it in batches of 30 at least, it’ll make it seem more progressive.

in Crafting

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

using the solo 1 method , and tried the ten and very dissapointed lol , had used 62 ectos and have 27 clovers , i think thats good odds?

It’s better than average. The average is 1 clover in 3 forges with a standard deviation of ~0.25 clovers in my experience.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in Crafting

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

after about 17-20 attempts I have 81 clovers.

only 2 of those attempts where using the 1 clover recipe

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot