student armor with selectable stats?

in Crafting

Posted by: Florian.3908

Florian.3908

Hi there,

I was wondering if I just stumbled upon a bug since I couldn’t find an explanation for it online:
I crafted the Hunter’s wool insignia, which is supposed to add precision and power, and used that to craft “pillaging student gloves” (by the way, why is it called pillaging and not hunter’s?).
Now the thing is, those gloves don’t show the precision and power bonus, instead it says “double click to select stats”. When I do that, I could choose to turn them into “Hunter’s gloves”, thus adding precision and power (which would make sense given the contained insignia). But what astonishes me is that I can also choose to turn them into anything else I want, e.g. “hearty” or “honed”, including totally different bonuses. How is this possible, seeing that there’s no “hearty” or “honed” insignia in the equipment?
Thanks a bunch!

in Crafting

Posted by: jsduke.6537

jsduke.6537

This is a remnant of the “No More Magic Find Gear” work-around. Gear that was already in the world, or could be crafted, became “Click-to-Pick” stats.

Since there is no more MF gear, recipes like Pillaging gear set got changed to this.

in Crafting

Posted by: Florian.3908

Florian.3908

I still don’t get it. I mean it would make sense to me if I had the pillaging gear before the MF was removed and now I get to choose a new combination of stats. But that’s not the case since I used the Hunter’s insignia, which never gave an MF bonus, I don’t understand why a pillaging set gets crafted when I use it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I think it was forgotten from the fix. I looking at them with baffled expresion myself yesterday.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The Pillaging gear should have been removed from the game. However, there are a few known instances where it’s still in the game. Since MF gear no longer exists, any armor with +MF stat automatically defaults to the “select your stats” option.

in Crafting

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Welcome to the Bug: Tailor Hunter’s Recipes party.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief