the dye lie

the dye lie

in Crafting

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

from the patch notes
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-April-15-2014/first#post3939211

Any four crafted dye packs can now be combined in the Mystic Forge to create an Unidentified Dye.

no they cant you cant even put one pack in

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

the dye lie

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Needs to be rare crafted dyes.

the dye lie

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Yeah, not “any”, but only the highest craft tier.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

the dye lie

in Crafting

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

Wow, that puts the cost of making unidentified dyes through the roof. It was looking like one gold based on the notes, now it’s insane. It makes 5 laurels seem reasonable. I pity the newcomer who wants to make Bifrost.

the dye lie

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

yes it does. there will be lower demand for dyes, so they decreased the supply of dyes. unid dye price is pretty much guaranteed to go up to ~1g, but no one knows when that will happen, so it may be a very very long term investment.

the dye lie

in Crafting

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Umm Unidentified dyes have dropped in price and are only about 26s now. Why not just buy them?

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

the dye lie

in Crafting

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

yes it does. there will be lower demand for dyes, so they decreased the supply of dyes. unid dye price is pretty much guaranteed to go up to ~1g, but no one knows when that will happen, so it may be a very very long term investment.

Got over 300 in my bank. Waiting for when they finally get back up in price~

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

the dye lie

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I’d say since almost all colors are only coppers (sans some very rare ones) and all are now available per account, your only potential buyers want Bifrost….good luck with that.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

the dye lie

in Crafting

Posted by: DarkSpirit.7046

DarkSpirit.7046

Unidentified dyes are going to be a long long term investment because so many people are hoarding it waiting for their price to go up. So many blogs and forums were asking people to do that.

Now we can only wait as the impatient hoarders slowly dump their unidentified dyes in the market, depressing the price.

the dye lie

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I’d say since almost all colors are only coppers (sans some very rare ones) and all are now available per account, your only potential buyers want Bifrost….good luck with that.

On the other hand supply is going to be just as low.
- 4x rare crafted
- BLC so mostly key farmers and people buying keys hoping for … something
- bought with laurels(limit of 8 per account per month) unid dyes would have to be selling for more than 15 times the cheapest tier6 fine crafting materials for this to be worth it. Right now that means over 5g.
- whatever supply is currently in existence

the dye lie

in Crafting

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

Anybody care to hazard a guess at the number of Bifrosts being made per week? At the moment there are ~70k UnID’d dyes on the TP, so to wipe out that requires 700 crafted from scratch. Then there are the dyes people are currently hoarding.

Fortunately I have decided that ESO isn’t for me so I will still be around in the 6 months minimum it will take for the price to rise significantly.