why so many crafting mats?

in Crafting

Posted by: lordmitz.2047

lordmitz.2047

i gotta say, the amount of raw mats you need to level any armour/weapons crafting skill is kind of silly. you sure need a lot of those rare bones and totems and claws and blood vials and the like. i don’t mind it taking some time but it’s a lot of work. maybe more than it feels like it’s worth.

any hints from you crafters on what i can do to help speed it up? or is it just plain grind away til i have enough to pass a tier then grind some more for the next?

in Crafting

Posted by: PMilkos.9103

PMilkos.9103

If you find it hard to get all the materials to level your crafting, then you should probably back away and come back whan you have enough money for the materials. Don’t try to actually grind the materials out – it’s pointless. Sell them instead, gather the money, get to level 80 if you’re not yet (crafting is useless to you if you’re not 80 anyway), do some gold farming/investments and then go back to crafting – at that point leveling a crafting discipline from 1-400 should actually seem pretty reasonable cost-wise. Until you have enough money to comfortably cover all the expenses, crafting is only worth it for some quick exp and nothing more.

in Crafting

Posted by: lordmitz.2047

lordmitz.2047

thanks for the info, i’ll go grind some gold out. what amount of gold does it usually take to grind out something from 1-400?

in Crafting

Posted by: citizankane.5723

citizankane.5723

This site will list the costs and give you a guide to follow so you don’t waste materials. I suggest just using the fast guides column they were spot on last time I used them.
http://gw2crafts.net/

in Crafting

Posted by: Crius.5487

Crius.5487

1-400 in most disciplines will take about 15g if you don’t have any mats already.

Crafting is a great way to earn XP and easy to get mats if you level up crafting as you level your character, not sure why many people ignored this.

If done the correct way, you only need to make one of each item per tier for most disciplines. It may seem like a lot of mats, but if you’re a warrior with weaponsmith and craft 1 greatsword, 1 sword, 1 axe, 1 shield, 1 hammer, and 1 mace to use at lvl 30, weaponsmith should be high enough to start crafting lvl 35 equipment when your character reaches that level. Breaking it down like that, it doesn’t seem like it requires so many mats.

Jade Quarry since Beta