208 votes for Evon uncounted

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

I wish I knew the deadline. I thought it was going to change sometime on the 6th, when the update happened.

When I logged in earlier today, I saw the news bulletin and was totally surprised. I had to check the date because I thought I must have mixed my days up.

If we can send mass mails to say “ellen won” without a patch. We should be able to send one saying “Get your votes in by Monday at ___pm”.

Would be easier to accept that things didn’t go my way if I knew my votes counted.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Jado Cast.1805

Jado Cast.1805

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 making sure I get my 15 characters so I can reply sigh

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Yeah, and Al Gore actually won the presidency due to hanging chads in FL…

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

It’s ok, I had 209 uncounted votes for Kiel, so you can rest easy knowing they would have been entirely useless.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: cassa.8473

cassa.8473

Not sure who my ~300 tokens would have gone to at this point but it would have been nice to vote for someone. In the initial briefing mail, in an alert mail the day before, in the news feed in the patcher, these would all be good places to tell us the closing date/time (preferably all 3).

In patch notes that a good portion of the playerbase probably don’t read and in a section that most who do probably scroll straight past to get to the class balance changes is a rubbish place to ‘announce’ anything.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Theplayboy.6417

Theplayboy.6417

I have 350 for Evon…. I guess it doesn’t really matter but they force us to know what’s going on with the LS Feed that we can’t remove I don’t see why they couldn’t add a timer to it that said something like "Polls Close in hh:mm based off of your current local time that’s displayed in your mini map.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: SiegHawk.7981

SiegHawk.7981

It’s ok, I had 209 uncounted votes for Kiel, so you can rest easy knowing they would have been entirely useless.

lols its ok i had 537 more tokens for Evon. just didnt have time since i was too busy with WvW.

Dragonbrand [EAT]
All I want is pure destruction!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

And evon even went to the trouble to prepare the supporter reminder to bribe you to vote.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lpfan.3578

Lpfan.3578

In another post, I pointed out where a deadline was posted on a GW2 page about the event. The deadline was put where people could find it, it was not put where everyone saw it (clearly) but it hardly took any effort to find. When an event is going on and there is a link or two about it on the GW2 website, read them or at least scan them for deadlines/end times. Generally it will tell you the day and with this voting it even gave a specific time.

Your uncounted votes are not ANet’s fault. They are yours.

I feel ANet does need to advertise end times better, but they did make it fairly easy to find if you tried.

By the way, I voted for Evon so this is not some Kiel Supporter trying to be mean to Evon supporters.