4 Weeks Price Reduction > Good Dungeon?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Seriously,who cares about keys or wps.
Are you really that poor in-game to be all exited for reduced WP costs?
And I doubt anyone here is exited for more RNG keys either.

The point is, 4 week price reductions doesn’t matter, neither do silly mini-games, they’re irrelevant, the question should be : *which dungeon is better? *
And, I think we already know the answer for that : Abaddon.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Oh, so you already know exactly how the fractals will be then?
That is quite impressive since they have not even starting to build them yet.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Cutthroat Politics

Nick.6972

Yeah, I wonder, which is better, a dungeon about silly Asuras or a god kitten GOD?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

The point is, 4 week price reductions doesn’t matter, neither do silly mini-games, they’re irrelevant, the question should be : *which dungeon is better? *
And, I think we already know the answer for that : Abaddon.

Abaddon is just that “only a dungeon”!

Thaumanova Reactor Explosion dungeon will introduce chaos energy into the Mists and maybe the open world. What will the affect of that be?

Some say we don’t know that chaos energy and the Mists together affect other things in the game. But it is a kitten good idea. And now is the time to sell it to Anet.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

Yeah, I wonder, which is better, a dungeon about silly Asuras or a god kitten GOD?

a dead, irrelevant, boring god that we already fought once before….. or something NEW and exciting?

not to mention that Evon is clearly a flame legion follower, i just wont vote them into power in LA

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

The point is, 4 week price reductions doesn’t matter, neither do silly mini-games, they’re irrelevant, the question should be : which dungeon is better? *
*And, I think we already know the answer for that : Abaddon.

Knowing the Abaddon Fractal is the better of the two would not only require a time machine allowing you to travel forward in time to see the finished result, but also a dimensional portal allowing you to visit an alternate reality where Kiel wins the election since Anet has stated they will not make both.

Since apparently posses both, will you use your time machine to tell me how my Houston Texans will fare this season? Then will you use your dimensional portal to travel to a reality where Matt Schaub didn’t get injured against the TB Buccs two years ago and let me know if my Texans would have got passed the Ravens in the playoffs? Thanks.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Also, if we were to play as the gods, it would most likely override our skills (unless we played the god of our profession, which would cause overlap and nullify engineers).

If the Abbadon fractal was to come out it would either be players playing as Margonites or against Margonites as they are trying to destroy the Temples of the Gods. If we play as Margonites, we’ll most likely be fighting with Jadoth, whereas if we play against them, the final fight will probably be against Jadoth. We wouldn’t see any of the Gods as that would cause our PC’s to become blind (player character, not personal computer) if not something worse.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Yes.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Yes.

String(‘^’, 10);

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

The one that could turn space/time inside out and possibly affect other aspects of the game.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

The one that could turn space/time inside out and possibly affect other aspects of the game.

The one that doesn’t have a few people running around and spewing all sorts of speculation based on one enigmatic post by an Anet employee.

in Cutthroat Politics

Esplen.3940

The one that doesn’t have a few people running around and spewing all sorts of speculation based on one enigmatic post by an Anet employee.

So you mean neither, because ColinJohanson has been pretty much worshiping the words “Vote Evon” for quite some time.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Wizzlock.3492

Wizzlock.3492

Meenwhile in another topic! We meet again Onshidesigns !
I would say answering to You is like fighiting villian in cartoon for small kids. Funny, unchelanging and You gave tools to best You from the very begining ;P

Read some lore. Abbadon fall tore worlds fabric as well.

Can I buy You a beer?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Space and time look perfectly normal to me. I was on Tyria 250 years ago and I can see it today. I’ve even been to the reactor, everything looks normal to me.

in Cutthroat Politics

Esplen.3940

Read some lore. Abbadon fall tore worlds fabric as well.

You mean…

Abaddon was incensed and went to war with the others, and he was eventually struck down at the Mouth of Torment, in a blow that turned the Crystal Sea into a desert.

Because that isn’t tearing the fabric of the world. That’s having a gigantic battle that impacted the world. No fabrics were torn.

in Cutthroat Politics

Wizzlock.3492

Because that isn’t tearing the fabric of the world. That’s having a gigantic battle that impacted the world. No fabrics were torn.

Realm of Torment not evaporating of crystal see. Still it can be connected, butit two different things.
Take into account I can be mistaken (while we have no proof, it’s just a speculation – same as Yours saying, that steam monsters in shiverpeaks are result of Thaumanova blast – it’s logical, but hard to verify without more lore). On first fall Abbadon was cast down into Realm of Torment if I’m not mistaken, and it’s not placed in Tyria. More of that – to cross between worlds You have to use Chaos Rifts etc.
So if I didn’t messed anything – battle between gods was played in two realms, they literally tore their way from one to another, to banish one of the six.

in Cutthroat Politics

Esplen.3940

The Mouth of Torment is the entrance to the Realm of Torment, as seen by the Gates of Torment (hohoho, so much Torment!) None of that has anything to do with the Crystal Sea becoming the Crystal Desert other than the Mouth of Torment is where the final blow was struck which caused the change (by sheer force, not by dimension ripping).

If you claim that the Realm of Torment is a fabric rip, then so are the Battle of the Mists, the Heart of the Mists, the Mists, and Asura Gates.

in Cutthroat Politics

Wizzlock.3492

The Mouth of Torment is the entrance to the Realm of Torment, as seen by the Gates of Torment (hohoho, so much Torment!) None of that has anything to do with the Crystal Sea becoming the Crystal Desert other than the Mouth of Torment is where the final blow was struck which caused the change (by sheer force, not by dimension ripping).

If you claim that the Realm of Torment is a fabric rip, then so are the Battle of the Mists, the Heart of the Mists, the Mists, and Asura Gates.

No – I say that act of banition of god from one realm to another was riping the fabric, same as Thaumanova blowing up. Most things You call when You are talking about Thaumanova is Your speculation, same like mine speculations about Abbadon.
Let’s look at this – I see Thaumanova now, as a closed case. World fabric was torn, there was a blow up and that’s it. The result is rapid random teleportation of mobs and few other inconvinience. I don’t see it as state where worlds fabric is tearing further apart. There is no indication for that. It’s like a wound and scar. The scare is proof that wound existed, but scar is not a wound. It’s just a mark.
And if really the worlds fabric is tearing further apart – I want to see it as Live Story update, not closed in one simple fractal. Because, things made up by Onshidesigns aside – there is no indication that fractal can “bleed” to open world… and it’s really unliekly to have only one fractal to do that. None of past fractals did it and there is no suggestion they ever could. If one of new fractals could do it, don’t You think it would be major feature to adertise it with? Heck – if it wasn’t sounding like extreme bullkitten, I would vote for Thaumanova aswell. I would like it to be truth, but as long as it’s only speculation, that is highly unlikly for maaaany many reasons to become true…
Same goes with Abbadon – I belive he deserves full lenght update, with new monsters, map, permanent dungeon (story path and at leat 3 explo) etc.
But it’s unlikly we ever get this thing. So yeah.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

a dead, irrelevant, boring god that we already fought once before….. or something NEW and exciting?

This irrelevant God gave the world the gift of magic. He may have had knowledge of the Elder Dragons before the other Gods did, and he may not have been the villain that history has made him out to be.

His defeat turned an entire sea into a desert, and he is directly responsible for three of the most important events in the history of Tyria across three continents. He is also the reason the Bloodstones were sundered into 5 pieces.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

We get the choice between more lore from a game with good lore (Guild Wars 1) or more lore from a game with mediocre lore (Guild Wars 2)

Choice is rather easy.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Space and time look perfectly normal to me. I was on Tyria 250 years ago and I can see it today. I’ve even been to the reactor, everything looks normal to me.

I want to live in your reality, where it is normal that creatures simply phase in and out of existance.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in Cutthroat Politics

Nick.6972

We get the choice between more lore from a game with good lore (Guild Wars 1) or more lore from a game with mediocre lore (Guild Wars 2)

Choice is rather easy.

Precisely, I don’t care for all this roleplaying, charr vs human or whatever, I want a decent dungeon that’s based on original lore.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

What’s the most you’re going to save off of the WP fee reduction?… like one gold total, at the very max? At the very least if you are one that likes the BL Keys, you can stock up on them during the 4 week sale, and use them for later.

Although I fear that saving that one gold or so from the WP’s is going to really influence a lot of people, who would put that ahead of their preferences for permanent content.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Sciva.4865

Sciva.4865

Oh bloody hell, when are you people going to stop being so one dimensional and only thinking about the rewards. Think about how voting Evon or Kiel is going to futher the storyline. Right now the one track mind is really suiting the Evon voters and his character.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Apolyon.6937

Apolyon.6937

Since I don’t know how those fractals will look like, I’ll vote for the price reduction in waypoints. I have 17 gold available right now, and I’m spending money only in waypoints and repairs, so this is perfectly fine for me.

Lore wise, both fractals look promising. We already know that Abaddon was defeated, so this will be a fractal about the details of how he was defeated. We don’t know what happened in the Thaumanova Reactor, so we will get to expand the existing lore about Asuras and chaos magic. I will be happy with any of them.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: GameVeight.2745

GameVeight.2745

Choice is rather easy.

Precisely, I don’t care for all this roleplaying, charr vs human or whatever, I want a decent dungeon that’s based on original lore.

Not to nit pick but Thaumanova is part of the original lore it happened between the events of GW1 & 2.

The first time I went to Thaumanova Reactor I thought “What the heck happened here?” Also as many posts here are showing there is already fair supply of lore for Abaddon while there is little known about the Thaumanova incident.

Ye’ll tak’ the high road an’ I’ll tak’ yer wallet!
You’re so vain, You probably think this post is about you.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

The point is, 4 week price reductions doesn’t matter, neither do silly mini-games, they’re irrelevant, the question should be : which dungeon is better? *
*And, I think we already know the answer for that : Abaddon.

Knowing the Abaddon Fractal is the better of the two would not only require a time machine allowing you to travel forward in time to see the finished result

I stopped reading there (well, not really but you get the idea).

You dont need to travel to the future for that, you merely need to be from the future. I hope you agree that the creation of a time machine is less unlikely in the far future so it stands to reason that Nick is indeed a visitor from the future (and an alien) here to study the pivotal changes that lead to the downfall of the human civilization in just a few swift decades.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Oh bloody hell, when are you people going to stop being so one dimensional and only thinking about the rewards. Think about how voting Evon or Kiel is going to futher the storyline. Right now the one track mind is really suiting the Evon voters and his character.

I feel I should point out that Evon possibly having some religious interests (flame legion connection perhaps) could potentially lead to some rather interesting results.

At the same time, considering I feel this is a power ploy by Magnus, him trying to influence Kiel could also lead to some interesting results.

Either one is a potentially good choice lore wise, so it really does come down to the fractal in the end.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Seriously, who cares about fractals.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Yeah I don’t do fractals or dungeons at all but I do wp around all over the place, so reduced wp costs are really the only thing that grabs me at all in this new content.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

If only we could conduct mists research into the future and see which dungeon makes the majority of parties automatically reset back to the lab if they get it first. I don’t know that I could handle another Dredge or Grawl fractal with pugs.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD