48% of the votes went to Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Ashadow.6874

Ashadow.6874

If the vote was so close 52%/48% meaning that the player base is clearly split in half about the voting.

Not making the second Fractal (Abaddon) feels like a very poor choice, half of the player base (including the people on the Anet team. Even the Anet team seemed to be split in half, so even they lose out on this.) Everyone loses out apparently.

If it had been a land-slide victory, or even close to land-slide victory I could understand. But handing us a choice at two amazing Fractals, and then having the vote pretty close to even, should be cause for a second thought.

“Maybe we should make them both, that way we satisfy BOTH sides of the field. Seeing as it was a pretty dead close race.”

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

(edited by Ashadow.6874)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

If the vote was so close 52%/48% meaning that the player base is clearly split in half about the voting.

Not making the second Fractal is like a huge slap in the face to half of the player base. Really? Half of the player base is meaningless.

Welcome to Democracy.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

OMG, it’s not 48% of the player base, its 48% of the votes. If you cast 2 votes you aren’t considered 2 people are you?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

You’ll just go back to rolling swamp anyways. I think the Abaddon fractal had too much hype, the forums would have just been rife with “I’m disappointed” threads shortly after it was released.

I still think they’ll make it in the future anyways, despite what the statements they made previously might say.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Actually, do we know the final % ?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

You’ll just go back to rolling swamp anyways. I think the Abaddon fractal had too much hype, the forums would have just been rife with “I’m disappointed” threads shortly after it was released.

I still think they’ll make it in the future anyways, despite what the statements they made previously might say.

Now it will be rife with (evon) players saying “I told you you should have voted Evon” when the Reactor comes out. I’m looking forward to it, but way too much hype has gone into what will only be a fractal (ie not very long).

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Arcturus.5846

Arcturus.5846

Not making the second Fractal is like a huge slap in the face to half of the player base. Really? Half of the player base is meaningless.

Welcome to Democracy.

This is why we Americans hate each others guts.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

You reaction is the same as in every election, you just deal with it.

In my case, I m enjoying all the crying.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

What’s funny is that if Evon had won, all the Evon supporters would be telling the people who wanted the Reactor Fractal to “suck it up” because “even if it was 52%, Evon won, and that’s that.”

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

What’s funny is that if Evon had won, all the Evon supporters would be telling the people who wanted the Reactor Fractal to “suck it up” because “even if it was 52%, Evon won, and that’s that.”

Pretty much this.

People are a bunch of hypocrites.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Null.9743

Null.9743

Irrelevant. Those people saying ‘Evon won and that’s that’ would be in the wrong in this scenario.

If Evon had won by such a small margin, it would have been equally acceptable to say ANet should make Thaumanova as well. The issue here isn’t which candidate won. The issue is that the player base is split right down the middle and catering to one half but not the other is an awful decision.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

That’s democracy for you.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

Irrelevant. Those people saying ‘Evon won and that’s that’ would be in the wrong in this scenario.

If Evon had won by such a small margin, it would have been equally acceptable to say ANet should make Thaumanova as well. The issue here isn’t which candidate won. The issue is that the player base is split right down the middle and catering to one half but not the other is an awful decision.

When will folks realize that the vote percentage has nothing to do with the player base? What if Kiel supporters voted on average of 20 each? What if Evon supporters voted on average of 1000 each? Or vice averse. There’s no way for us to know how many players voted for each candidate, and how many votes they cast. It’s all just speculation.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

Except it’s not irrelevant at all.

Where were all these posts about what’s fair before Abbadon lost? Before hand, even when it was known that only one would be made, it was nothing but: “OH MAN, WE WANT ABBADON, MAKE ABBADON, EVON NEEDS TO WIN FOR ABBADON. WHO CARES ABOUT SMELLY ASURAN REACTOR EXPLOSION 5674737, MAKE ABBADON, FORGET THE REACTOR”

But now, Abbadon has lost. And suddenly, only choosing one fractal is unfair.

Why wasn’t it unfair from the beginning? Where was all this sentiment the first time the polling stats were revealed? It’s only because Abbadon lost that this is suddenly wrong and an outrage.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

When will folks realize that the vote percentage has nothing to do with the player base? What if Kiel supporters voted on average of 20 each? What if Evon supporters voted on average of 1000 each? Or vice averse. There’s no way for us to know how many players voted for each candidate, and how many votes they cast. It’s all just speculation.

Because I don’t believe that the Kiel side is a smaller percentage of the playerbase that had more money to buy tokens and vote more.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

I sure wouldn’t mind if they made Abbadon fractal as well but your reasoning is pretty flawed.

First, we don’t know the final election ration.

Second, not all who voted evon did it for the fractal.

Third, its not 1 vote per player.

Lastly, it did not take into account players who did not vote or voted evenly just for the achievements.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Spendingallmytime.7249

Spendingallmytime.7249

That’s democracy for you.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: democracy simply doesn’t work.

Why you bein’ cute?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Ashadow.6874

Ashadow.6874

It WAS unfair from the beginning. I was always for us getting BOTH fractals no matter who won, so that we did not lose out on any of the content. Anet made it clear this would not happen, and yet the voting is split 52/48 and I really think they need to rethink their decision even more now.

Except it’s not irrelevant at all.

Where were all these posts about what’s fair before Abbadon lost? Before hand, even when it was known that only one would be made, it was nothing but: “OH MAN, WE WANT ABBADON, MAKE ABBADON, EVON NEEDS TO WIN FOR ABBADON. WHO CARES ABOUT SMELLY ASURAN REACTOR EXPLOSION 5674737, MAKE ABBADON, FORGET THE REACTOR”

But now, Abbadon has lost. And suddenly, only choosing one fractal is unfair.

Why wasn’t it unfair from the beginning? Where was all this sentiment the first time the polling stats were revealed? It’s only because Abbadon lost that this is suddenly wrong and an outrage.

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

100% of the player base didn’t matter it was biased from the beginning.
the vote was only fairly evenly split because it was designed to be.

you had to put at least 2 tokens into each candidate to get the daily achieve for them, they could have designed it so that you could have chosen who to support while gaining neutral achievements

ie do X dailies while supporting either candidate instead of do x for keil and x for evon

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Rei.2610

Rei.2610

100% of the player base didn’t matter it was biased from the beginning.
the vote was only fairly evenly split because it was designed to be.

you had to put at least 2 tokens into each candidate to get the daily achieve for them, they could have designed it so that you could have chosen who to support while gaining neutral achievements

ie do X dailies while supporting either candidate instead of do x for keil and x for evon

I’m sure the 6 votes I put in for Evon were out weighed by the 230 votes I put in for keil

I gave up on ever crafting a Legendary. Best decision ever.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

I know some people wanted the Reactor fractal pretty bad, but I don’t think most Kiel voters cared that much about it TBH.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

Small margin? The Dems called a similar margin a landslide.