8 mil votes of disappointment

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Please tell us that the Fall of Abaddon is not lost.

It’s not okay to show us two amazing concepts and then say ‘hahaha, you’re not getting one of those!’.

CoE 2.0 incoming. With even more golems, lasers, portals, jumping pads and annoying asuran voice-overs.

It’s wrong imo. So sad.

Leman

(edited by leman.7682)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Even if Abbadon won, the chances of getting other reactor content would’ve been very high, and now we lose out on half of the lore we could’ve gotten.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

4 million votes, a little over half went towards the other fractal.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

I feel like they went towards ellen more than the fractal.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Since we’re getting 2nd fractal with our favourite theme (cute dredges), I see no reason why we shouldn’t get another asuran fractal. The first one is already awesome!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

The issue I have is that they said they brainstormed for hours coming up with ideas for new fractals, then picked the two best ideas to put up for this vote. Now that they’ve said they definitely aren’t making the other one, that means we just lost one of the two best ideas they themselves said they could come up with.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

in Cutthroat Politics

leman.7682

+ the dev said he really wanted to work on the Abaddon fractal.

The next fractal will probably be about the liberation of Quaggans from the Krait. Epic.

Leman

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

If the devs preferred the Abaddon Fractal, they shouldn’t have put the Abaddon Fractal with the choice that signals “we like RNG boxes”.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

They said on the stream that it was over 16 million votes.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

The only dev preference for a specific fractal I know of is https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/cutthroat/IMO-ArenaNet-favors-Evon-Unfair/first#post2473277 and it isn’t the Abaddon one.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

The issue I have is that they said they brainstormed for hours coming up with ideas for new fractals, then picked the two best ideas to put up for this vote. Now that they’ve said they definitely aren’t making the other one, that means we just lost one of the two best ideas they themselves said they could come up with.

Which.. was going to happen one way or the other, no matter which way the voting went. We were always going to lose one of the two best ideas they came up with. Just something people should keep in mind.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

That god fight we will never get to see now…this gw vet is so sad. Well gg people, time to go play your new asura floating cube map #5462

in Cutthroat Politics

Edge.4180

That god fight we will never get to see now…this gw vet is so sad. Well gg people, time to go play your new asura floating cube map #5462

You making a few assumptions with that statement, starting with the idea that a ~10 minute Abaddon-themed fractal dungeon was going to include an epic god battle you’d be taking part in.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

No they went to have a good human character. If you paid attention to people’s reason for voting (in game people as well, not just forum posters), only Evon had a majority of voters picking him based on fractals.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lily Miranda.5407

Lily Miranda.5407

The next fractal will probably be about the liberation of Quaggans from the Krait. Epic.

I hope the next one is picking blueberries with Trahearne.

I don’t think there’s a single person here who wouldn’t love to watch Trahearne pick blueberries.

in Cutthroat Politics

leman.7682

Zhaitan fight fractal, please. I want to shoot cannons again.

Leman

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Nak.8315

Nak.8315

As I’ve said in other threads. If Abbodon lives up to the hype all you GW1 people are preaching it shouldn’t get a 10-15 Minute Fractal in the first place. It should be a full length dungeon, nothing less would due it justice.

And with this much response, I’m sure the Devs are thinking, if we can figure out a way to to work it in the lore/story they will. They like giving us Content that makes geek out. I know Cavern of Time in WoW is not the best example, but would allow them to add in cool kitten from the past.

Nak
Call of Fate[CoF]
Ehmry Bay

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: xerokitsune.5094

xerokitsune.5094

Did they release the final counts? I’m wondering how far apart was the vote gap.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

I know I can’t make any real assumption about the mass of players that stood behind the 16 million votes, but..
Most of what I read was people spending around ~ 300 votes. Assuming that would be true, only 53k players voted?
(Don’t take these numbers too serious, but 300 votes per player isn’t too absurd, is it?)

in Cutthroat Politics

Edge.4180

I know I can’t make any real assumption about the mass of players that stood behind the 16 million votes, but..
Most of what I read was people spending around ~ 300 votes. Assuming that would be true, only 53k players voted?
(Don’t take these numbers too serious, but 300 votes per player isn’t too absurd, is it?)

A friend of mine submitted 13 votes, so maybe.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Yeah, we’ll never know how much the average has spent. Unless they would tell us more about the numbers, what I doubt. ^^

It was just.. “uhh, only 53k players?” …huh?

With 13 votes as an average, it would have been ~ 1.2 million players. ^^

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

A friend of mine submitted 13 votes, so maybe.

I’ve submitted at least 400.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

Which.. was going to happen one way or the other, no matter which way the voting went. We were always going to lose one of the two best ideas they came up with. Just something people should keep in mind.

Hence my issue. I would have had an issue whichever of the best two ideas they had was killed.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Serenity.6149

Serenity.6149

Hence my issue. I would have had an issue whichever of the best two ideas they had was killed.

^This. I’m not sure why they chose to do it this way, as opposed to simply having us vote for the fractal we want to see developed first. As stated before, Abaddon and Thaumanova were supposedly their best two ideas, so what does this mean for the future of fractals? It just feels odd that after Molten Facility, Aetherblade Retreat and Thaumanova Reactor are all implemented as fractal stages, their next best idea will be skipped.

in Cutthroat Politics

Edge.4180

^This. I’m not sure why they chose to do it this way, as opposed to simply having us vote for the fractal we want to see developed first. As stated before, Abaddon and Thaumanova were supposedly their best two ideas, so what does this mean for the future of fractals? It just feels odd that after Molten Facility, Aetherblade Retreat and Thaumanova Reactor are all implemented as fractal stages, their next best idea will be skipped.

I would honestly be surprised if they continually pass up one of their top two fractal ideas. I wouldn’t count on an Abaddon fractal showing up this year, but eventually.. sure.

In fact, I highly doubt they’ll ever spill their intended design for the Abaddon fractal, mainly because they’ll want to keep it in reserve for possible use later on.

I know they said differently, but things change.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

People seem to not realize this, but these are not the two best ideas that they will ever have in the history of GW2. These are just a couple ideas from a group of ideas they had currently. They picked the best two out of a group of ideas for a fractal.

That does not mean they are the best ideas ever in the history of GW2, past, present, or future. They were just the current best ideas from that small group of ideas they had at the time.

There will be plenty of other best ideas out there in the future for GW2. They didn’t waste their only two best ideas ever on these two fractals.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

in Cutthroat Politics

Edge.4180

Oh, I realize that (and really, we have no idea how many ideas they picked these top two out of.. it could have been 5, and it could have been 50). The point is, I imagine the next few dozen times they’re looking for a fractal idea the Abaddon concept is probably going to get voiced again, and how often do we realistically expect it to get shot down simply because the NPC Evon Gnashblade lost an in-game political race.

I suspect at some point (a year+ from now) the phrase “Would love to do an Abaddon fractal but we can’t, because Evon lost that vote..” by one developer is going to be followed by the phrase “Who the heck cares?” from another. And they’ll just do it.

Maybe. If they keep putting out superior ideas instead, it’s hard to complain about that.

(edited by Edge.4180)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

I can’t believe that the average is anywhere near that.

I was playing regularly throughout the Cutthroat Politics period, and I only collected roughly half that many support tokens.

I have no doubt that plenty of people did vote 300 times – and I certainly have no doubt that those people would be well-represented amongst vocal forum posters – but I’m positive the average was much, much less.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

My final vote tally was just under 500, I believe. Most of it went to Kiel, with about 10 or so going to Evon initially to complete his achievements.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Majuub.6215

Majuub.6215

Anet clearly planned from the start to do something with the Thaumanova Reactor considering the third book in the series was originally planned to be about CoE, which in turn would have reflected on the TR. If that had gone off as intended everyone would be happy right now, lore about TR would be out and Abbadon fractal would be ours!

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
Sea of Sorrows