Balancing the Books?

Balancing the Books?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Just thinking out loud here – regardless of who wins they offer a discount on something. Does that mean they will balance the lost revenue by increasing the costs elsewhere? Higher taxes on anything isn’t really something people would put on their election profiles, so I’m just speculating for the 4 weeks that follow the election…

If Kiel wins: WP cost reduced / Black Lion Key price increased
If Evon wins: Black Lion Key price reduced / WP cost increased

I actually hope ANet has planned to do this. What do you think?

Balancing the Books?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: amaranthined.5167

amaranthined.5167

The idea of taxes is interesting, but I’m pretty sure Kiel can’t control the price of Black Lion Keys – it’s Evon’s company, so he’ s free to offer whatever discounts he likes, I don’t think she can order him to increase his prices because he lost. And while Evon might be able to increase WP costs, why would he? WP costs don’t directly enter his pocket, while the revenue from Black Lion Keys does. Since his candidate trial has him keeping the treasure, he’ll probably break even without taxing or even have extra money for fractal research.

(cough, this is part of why I prefer Evon as a candidate, since his offer is coming from his personal finances whereas Kiel is volunteering what is probably government/city money)

Henge of Denravi [VLK]
Zvezdana & Dana Uses Splash; Elementalist // Evegeniya; Engineer // Melinoe; Necromancer