Candidate Trials T4

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Hymnosi.5928

Hymnosi.5928

Just opening up the discussion on how to tackle this monstrosity

So far none of the mobs seem to have direct ranged attacks, and are so incredibly tanky that you cannot kill them all at this stage, unless maybe some of my buddies aren’t running full damage.

Any ideas? We tried to stay by where the mortars spawn and just yank the plunderers to us, but the mobs start spawning in the back at about 4:30 remaining.

[EDIT]T3 we managed to complete by kiting after about 2 minutes remaining, it was very hairy.

Hymnosi – Lv80 Engineer
Commander of Phantom Core [CORE] on Borlis Pass

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

Is there a cap for how many veterans can spawn or something? At some point kiting stops being an option when literally entire field is spammed with stun fields and granades (vurn. stacking and perma-chill) barrages.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Strejda Tom.6108

Strejda Tom.6108

This stuff is just too hard for me, lol.

Strejda Tom, the last unicorn.
Always remember one thing – your opinion is your opinion not fact.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Hymnosi.5928

IDK, at 4 minutes when we died we had at least 20 active veterans.

Hymnosi – Lv80 Engineer

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Xodus.7802

Xodus.7802

T4 is ridiculously hard, i wonder they even tested it before release>.<

Has anyone finished t4 yet?

(edited by Xodus.7802)

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Awe.1096

T4 is ridiculously hard, i wonder they even tested it before release>.<

There must be some gimmick strategy to it. I dont think you can have enough dps to just kill/zerg all those veterans in T4. Not even if you take full zerker cleave party. Some of those mobs have enormous amount of HP for a veteran. And if you dont bring dps heavy party, you will get 30 mobs running after you and stunning/chilling you all the time so bunker party also not the best choice. I wonder what people will come up with.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Koomp.4386

Koomp.4386

Too much veterans which you barely kill one of them. So i think best solution is lower spawn rate of veterans or lower defense stat.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

The spawn rate seems bugged.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Hymnosi.5928

Couple of ‘facts’ based on experience:
The weapons are each on independent 1 minute cool downs. They seem to only be useful for knocking down enemies.
The plunderers will continue to toss the loot into the portal EVEN IF you remove them. Once they start the animation, they do not need to run back.

I think potentially you can kite the mobs around with a heal/tank trio while the other two use 1200 range pulls to yank the plunderers and assassinate them. That would be my best strategy.

Hymnosi – Lv80 Engineer

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Eldiora.5836

Eldiora.5836

I get the feel T4 is bugged. Our group did fine, we just had tons of mobs. Still had 2500/2500 supplies and then suddenly “event failed” out of nowhere. This has happened now 3 times in a row at the 3 minute mark.

None of the supplies were stolen. Most of us were alive and we still got the event failed.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

Perhaps you’re expected to use the “special items” dotted about? Not got around to trying them yet, though someone I played with remarked that the grenades knock them back.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

ok we just did it in 3 person – necromancer elementalist ans guardian
point is – stand just on that robber spawn point – when it will spawn try to deal as many dmg as possible – and don’t follow – try to not aggro any mobs – and that 1-2 that will aggro should be targeted and killed while robber is stealing – when he is on their way back focus all firepower and CC on him and don’t let them finish animation of throwing – use any cc to interrupt.

on the last minute we had only 500 of treasure because there were one problem in the middle. and we did manage to kill last thief in last second

I hope that those some sugestion will help someone

EDIT: Eldiora on tier 4 if anyone from party die event is automatically failed.

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Sonaes.5143

Sonaes.5143

The promised difficulty scale on Tier 4 of the Trial was delivered upon. The mass of very tanky veterans and the rather quickly spawning looters make it hard, you actually have to think how you have to approach it and not just anyone should be able to do it.

In my opinion something like this was missing from the game, so i REALLY hope that Anet not only keeps it like it is (as in not nerfing it / making it easier) but also that there will be more content of this difficulty.

And yes, we the Evon Supporters of [Angz] on Piken Square did it

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Xodus.7802

looking for a group to try Lord Trejgons strategy, invite me:)

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Kajin.5301

Kajin.5301

solo it so won’t scale to party

Skysap & Qaju & Juqa -VILE- Desolation

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Just don’t nerf it, make it truly challenging, make it even harder. spawn few Jormags around the camp.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Palu.3405

Palu.3405

Just managed to solo T4. I’ll be posting a video once it finishes uploading.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: JuiceBox.7650

JuiceBox.7650

In my opinion, soloing is the best option since it goes by how many people you have. Just stay in the back, wait for them to get gold, when they get near the electric stuff, kill them. They die pretty quick

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: unown.3410

unown.3410

Sweet mate. I’ll be looking forward to that. Cheers

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

I can’t wait to see this. I wish I my computer was good enough to record.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Grimno.6172

Grimno.6172

Do T4 solo and do this. Once you start the battle, stay near where the mortars start.
Use a RANGED weapon.
When enemies spawn, they’ll generally stay near the center, and rarely come to you. Just use range to kill the smugglers as they spawn and when they return with loot.
When the mortar guys spawn, just use some form of knockback from their initial spot, and they’ll stay there the rest of the game, not attacking and not setting down mortars.
Really all there is to it.

And make sure to have something to remove bleed. If a Veteran Swashbuckler gets to you, they can stack up to 24 bleed and that will drain almost 3k health a tick!

Grimno Lvl 80 WR
Lance Delgado Lvl 20 Thief

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: oliverstoned.2695

oliverstoned.2695

After failing with a group of 5 we did T4 with a group of 3 on first try. Number of mobs and vets scales with number of party members and T4 with 3 felt like T1 solo.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

After failing with a group of 5 we did T4 with a group of 3 on first try. Number of mobs and vets scales with number of party members and T4 with 3 felt like T1 solo.

Interesting.. just tried a t4 duo.. and it was pretty bad.. though we did t3 fine. I did t3 solo fine, but scared to try t4 solo due to the right-hand spawn.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Xodus.7802

just tired t4 solo did it first time with my glass cannon warrior suing rifle and bolas:D. tried many times with 5 people and couldnt do it. thanks for the tip, so much easier on my own

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Ok… I did it once on t4 solo.. but then tried it again and failed at 1 min. When I succeeded, I was able to shake the mobs that aggroed on me (even though I was standing at the mortar spawn point) by running backwards and also plunderers only spawned from one point. I never had two up.

But when I tried it again to get the other achievement, I couldn’t shake the mobs off me so was permaslowed by the grenadiers (not the ones operating the mortars… I had those knocked away and they were standing there) and I had both spawn points going. I survived fine but simply couldn’t move back and forth fast enough to kill.

Seems like there’s still luck involved.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

After around 30 tries in various groups and solo tries I done it solo because it glitched. Only one runner was spawning for me. No mortar npc or striker or swashbluckler spawned. So I just stood in the middle and ranged the only runner… I won’t have so much luck when I will do it for Kiel achievement

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Azunai.1065

Azunai.1065

T4 Evo with full group done on third try
kiel therefore seems to be insane we always wipe at like 45 seconds left…

gonna try it solo now thanks for the hint

Namefather of the Asuran Elementalists from [Bots]
My first Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPF9SmvW4jE

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

Just don’t nerf it, make it truly challenging, make it even harder. spawn few Jormags around the camp.

maybe a mau too!

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Azunai.1065

Azunai.1065

ok soloed it too ty

Namefather of the Asuran Elementalists from [Bots]
My first Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPF9SmvW4jE

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Avalon.8436

Avalon.8436

Advices for a guardian? Will try to solo tomorrow.

Looks like its best to go full zerker with skills like Binding Blade… But what do you think?

Gua80 / Ele80 / Mes80 / War80 / Ran80 / Thi80 / Nec80 / Eng20

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Awe.1096

Confirming that this is easier to solo than in group. Did both T4 solo. Theoretically the best way to beat it is same for group and solo but since HP of all mobs scales linear (I think so) with amount of people you join with, it is much harder to quickly burst plunderers while shaking off aggro of other mobs.

As for guardian, might be a bit harder since scepter damage is a bit low. At least from what I tried it is in fact better to go full burst instead of survival. You need to stomp that plunderer before he leaves his spawn zone or alternatively when he is returning back with the loot. If you venture too deep, you will die or loose more plunderers due to stuns and overall clutter in your way.

I would suggest to lower the HP scaling of mobs in this event. It should not be 500% for full group (I am just asuming that value). Perhaps something like 375%. Coordinating burst is obviously more difficult than executing skills alone. People should not be punished for trying it in group. I am glad that this thing can be soloed since this gives us a choice and supports all the community hermits. But if anything, group method should be easier, not the other way around.

(edited by Awe.1096)

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: hammer.9721

hammer.9721

I came close on my ranger it failed with 49 seconds left.Think it will be easier if i just leave my pet on passive.Looking forward to the vid to get a few more pointers.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

just soloed, T3-T4:
Full berserker ranger. I put my pet on passive and use my longbow. i stay in the mortal zone. i take each one down before realize what hit them. the new hunter shoot(stealth) is kind of useful when i run from the center aggro.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

is this possible to solo with a warrior? O_O

say soldiers armor and berserkers trinkets

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Hymnosi.5928

Did T3/4 Kiel solo.

If you get aggro, just run to the rear of the island and they will reset to the middle of the shipwreck and leave you alone.

Hymnosi – Lv80 Engineer

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Malcheior Sveth.8162

Malcheior Sveth.8162

Did both T4s with a 5 man group. You will need:

1 thief
4 people with reasonable survivability and pulls/stuns.

Everyone hides way back in the rocks between the two far spawns.

Thief has scorpion wire and pulls each guy off of spawn point immediately. The rest curbstomp him, and have a specified order of stuns/cc if things go badly (thief can also spam headshot for interrupt on guys that are trying to do the bag toss skill when they get back to their spawn points).

Once the near guy starts spawning, you ignore the far spawn and dive bomb him with all 5 members, and then all run away, which will shake most aggro. The grab the far spawn guy who ran out at the same time when he is on his way back.

Also, if you knock/pull the grenadiers off of the mortars, but don’t destroy the mortars, they won’t do anything and you can leave them alone. This way you will have at most 2 vets attacking the group, which is tolerable while you’re chaining/dpsing all the runners.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Xorin.9260

Xorin.9260

I’d have to agree. Soloing this was by far the easiest way to handle it. Used a necro with Staff and Scepter/Dagger. Spectral Grasp and Spectral Wall made great utilities. As everyone else has suggested, I stayed as far back as I could. Usually the burst from S/D was enough to get the Plunderers down enough that the conditions would finish them as they ran away. Staff and the utilities were great for dealing with the spawn that’s closer to everything else.

Also did this with 3 of us, two Necroes and an Engineer. Things definitely died more slowly, and we aggroed a few more things than we would have liked, but we survived in the end.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

I soloed them all, way easier. But I also helped some friends with two-manning and 3-manning. They work as well, the mobs just have more health.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Running this solo as an Asura Mesmer (yes it makes a difference). Technobabble + new Signet of Domination are sooo nice. I tried using Polymorph Moa, but they still threw the goods (Moa toss op).

Done it twice (and each time failed with 1 and 5 seconds left on the clock respectively), but I need to refine my build to do it. About to refine my build, then report back. My build right now is really awkward if anyone wants to know it.

Weapons: Sword + Pistol (fast-cast interrupt, 2 second stun) / Greatsword (another fast-cast interrupt, knockback)

Utilities: Signet of Domination (fast-cast interrupt, 3 second stun), Technobabble (instant interrupt, 3 second daze), Signet of Midnight (low cooldown stun-break + blind if something gets too close)

Elite: Time Warp. Everything else is useless or will hit a mortar.

Tactic: Try to get rid of the Plunderers as they spawn. If there are mobs near them, try to get them as they return and cc (preferably stuns and knockbacks) before they reach the circle. Once they reach the circle, chain CC (don’t keep them stunlocked, let them do their animation, then CC as the load leaves their hands).

Build:
25/20/0/0/25

Signet Recharge, Greatsword Training.
Phantasm Fury, Pistol Training
Illusions = More Damage, Illusion faster attackspeed.

Don’t forget to use your own attacks in addition to your Phantasms.

Feel free to panic-F1 or F3.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Evil Death Reaper.1408

Evil Death Reaper.1408

I was just able to solo it with my necro

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Esplen.3940

I return successful. I had 2000 supply left (a plunderer came without me noticing because I was busy ooc’ing).

Now to do it with Evon.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

hmmm anyone solo-ed it with a warrior? O_O

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Esplen.3940

hmmm anyone solo-ed it with a warrior? O_O

I don’t know cooldowns, but I think it would go something like this.

Stand on the first Plunderer Spawn Point with a Hammer ready. Knock him down and bash his face in.

Rinse and repeat until second Plunderer Spawn Point becomes active (continue bashing first Plunderer with Hammer).

Wait until Second Plunderer returns with loot, shoot him with Rifle. Keep shooting with rifle (only use Kill Shot as your first shot if you do use it, make sure you use it before he gets in range, but at such a time that he will get in range by the time you’re done). Position next to/behind the First Mortar (on/around the rocks).

Continue bashing first plunderer and shooting second plunderer. When third plunderer appears, proceed to do mixed bash-shooting on him depending on what weapon you have out.

Possible utilities:
Bull’s Charge, Technobabble, Kick, Bola, Stomp.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Well add guardian to the professions that can solo all 4 tiers.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m planning on doing it with my Warrior too. He’s got extremely good sustain (Heal Sig + Adrenal Health), condition removal (Cleansing Ire + Shake It Off), has 2 knockbacks with Rifle Butt and Stomp, and Daze/Cripple with my other Sword/Shield weapon set.

Use Stomp + Rifle Butt to disable the Mortars, then kill the Plunderers as they run out/come back in. Leap is also handy for crippling them + fast movement.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

I solo’d it with my warrior. You just stand on the Runners spawn and camp it, nothing else spawn but 2 veterans that sat in the distance.

AmateurNet

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

My one word for this, “nerf!”

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Slikz.3964

Slikz.3964

Soloed with a warrior

30/0/0/10/30

Full zerkers, ruby orbs (scholar would be better)

axe/mace, rifle

fgj, Bull’s charge, bolas, signet of rage

Behind the mortars there’s a rock that breaks aggro when you’re near it.

Basic strategy is kill the east and north plunderer’s with melee set and use the rifle for the west plunderer. Make sure to drop aggro behind the rock after each kill.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Inverse.2967

Inverse.2967

Yes !
Just did it for both with my Sigil/Zerker-Warrior using Bow/Rifle, replaced one sigil with the bolas for another pin-down.
I only CCed and focused the plunderers, some potshots to keep adrenalin at max, so i could often one-shot them with rifle burst skill.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

Well add guardian to the professions that can solo all 4 tiers.

can confirm

Was surprised what my scepter could do when specced properly =D

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg