Evon vs Kiel... Rigged Election?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

So I was thinking. Evon is offering to throw a huge gem store sale for four weeks. Kiel is offering waypoint travel discounts. Which one of these puts money in Anet’s pocket?

Set aside, for a moment, the fact that Evon seems like the type of cat that might rig an election. If Anet has plans in place to make this sale happen, it stands to reason they plan to make a profit from it. And it seems illogical to just not go ahead and make money when they could. So from a real world business standpoint, I think this sale is inevitable (in some form or another), no matter what the players chose.

Back to Evon being a shady crook who peddles RNG boxes and consorts with the Consortium. Just because it would financially benefit Anet to pull the wool over our eyes, doesn’t mean it can’t be all part of the story, and thus fair.

I think Evon might rig the election, throw his gem store sale, and part of this living story quest will involve uncovering his dastardly plot. Next living story release may involve a revolt against Evon lead by Kiel, where the players must chose a side again. Maybe Evon paid the Aetherblades to kill that council member!

Anet can always add both of those fractals later, the player choices may simply decide which one we get first.

(edited by Xenon.4537)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

I think it’s just a lot of charr hate going around here. Clearly Evon has our best interests at heart.
Kiel has always been a bit suspicious to me. I don’t trust that human.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Ballistic.4531

Ballistic.4531

Actually this sounds like a good idea, just without the second voting. Once the truth has been uncovered Evon gets kicked from the Council and Kiel gets his place, fulfilling her pre-election promises. That way we get both fractals and both the sale and the WP cost reduction.

This world needs more people being frank and less people being offended.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I think it’s just a lot of charr hate going around here. Clearly Evon has our best interests at heart.
Kiel has always been a bit suspicious to me. I don’t trust that human.

As a fellow human, I can’t trust her too. Heck, I’ve been hearing she’s a supporter of the Separatists over at Ebonhawke…

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

After reading the books, you can’t trust a human. Especially one who you rely on. Kiel, yea shes all good and fancy right now. But think back a moment, remember the “Mighty” Logan Thackery? the honest glorious knight of Divinitys Reach? Yea that one.

Once upon a time the most crucial fight again Kralkatorrik, Logan abandoned the only guy who had his back. Know who that was? It was Rytlock Brimstone. A tough, rugged guy who tells you like it is. Who trusted Logan and put aside his human hatrid, guess what? Logan ran away to his home to the shallow nobles who live there.

You can count on a Charr, A charr means his word and he doesn’t leave you hanging in the moment of battle.

Let’s do this Evon, kick some kitten

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Necrid.2705

Necrid.2705

Everyone does realize that if Keil wins, the Cheaper Waypoints is only temporary, right?

Vote Evon, Fall of Abbaddon, if you want Thermanova, go to Metrica Province, it’s already there.

— Necrid — Ehmry Bay — [TML]/[oG] — Charrdian Main — All Classes
— [Twitch] twitch.tv/necrid2705 — [GW-EN] gw-en.com “Necrid and Chill”

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Raesin.2908

Raesin.2908

I’m a Norn, and we’re not so judgmental.
Until they do something dreadful, they’re both alright in my book.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

So I was thinking. Evon is offering to throw a huge gem store sale for four weeks. Kiel is offering waypoint travel discounts. Which one of these puts money in Anet’s pocket?

Set aside, for a moment, the fact that Evon seems like the type of cat that might rig an election. If Anet has plans in place to make this sale happen, it stands to reason they plan to make a profit from it. And it seems illogical to just not go ahead and make money when they could. So from a real world business standpoint, I think this sale is inevitable (in some form or another), no matter what the players chose.

Back to Evon being a shady crook who peddles RNG boxes and consorts with the Consortium. Just because it would financially benefit Anet to pull the wool over our eyes, doesn’t mean it can’t be all part of the story, and thus fair.

I think Evon might rig the election, throw his gem store sale, and part of this living story quest will involve uncovering his dastardly plot. Next living story release may involve a revolt against Evon lead by Kiel, where the players must chose a side again. Maybe Evon paid the Aetherblades to kill that council member!

Anet can always add both of those fractals later, the player choices may simply decide which one we get first.

Edit: Oops sorry I didn’t realize I posted this in the wrong area, could a mod please move it?

It’s a good theory!

Or Anet could just rig it so that playing a piece of GW1 history is connected to their black loin key payday, oh wait…

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Please, all you care about is whomever will offer you a free drink.

Thankfully Evon has a wealthier base than Kiel. Who do you think is going to shower you in genuine Mead?

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Cutthroat Politics

Xenon.4537

Everyone does realize that if Keil wins, the Cheaper Waypoints is only temporary, right?

Vote Evon, Fall of Abbaddon, if you want Thermanova, go to Metrica Province, it’s already there.

This is how I feel about the fractal. But I don’t really want to vote for Evon out of principle (I hate the RNG boxes!). It just seems suspicious to me that one side of this clearly benefits the wallets of the people actually making the game. I don’t think we are truly going to be affecting anything with our votes other than some very small superficial stuff, and which fractal we get first. In the end I think the story has already been predetermined.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

I lost one of the two if I chose .. huuuuu T_T

want to know about THE reactor and want to see abbadon … Dileme …

# Asura because I’m worth it!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I’m a norn (sometimes), and we’re not so accepting. Until they do something extraordinarily impressive, they’re both chumps in my book.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Webba.3071

Webba.3071

Silly me, I thought this thread was going to be about how Evon cant loose because there is no way the majority of people will choose a fractal about a pretty bland reactor thing over one about Abaddon. And thats all the election is about, since every other thing the candidates offer is either the same or temporary and of marginal significance.

(edited by Webba.3071)

in Cutthroat Politics

Xenon.4537

Well Colin just confirmed that the Abaddon fractal is going to be a million times more badkitten than the other one. I told you guys Anet already planned for Evon to win. :P

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

meh. Kiel was a blah character & Evon offers the fall of Abaddon.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

This is how I feel about the fractal. But I don’t really want to vote for Evon out of principle (I hate the RNG boxes!). It just seems suspicious to me that one side of this clearly benefits the wallets of the people actually making the game. I don’t think we are truly going to be affecting anything with our votes other than some very small superficial stuff, and which fractal we get first. In the end I think the story has already been predetermined.

Before they released the details of the fractals I was convinced this was firmly on Kiel’s side. Waypoints impact on everyone, I don’t believe there are a lot of people who buy keys. Reading the forums and reddit, I’m beginning to realise keys are much more popular than I thought (the popularity of RNG always disappoints me). It’s still possible that WPs will win out over Black Lion Keys (even if I was wrong about how few people buy them, everyone uses WPs). The four week discount is less convincing so I’m guessing it will come down to the fractal.

As a former GW1 player I believe the Abaddon fractal is far more appealing, but even if you didn’t play GW1, the fall of an actual god, interacting with the gods, seeing the history of Orr (and seeing it at it’s most magnificent before it sank into the ocean), all of that seems a lot more compelling than a reactor explosion in a location that we can already visit today.