Fall of Abaddon?

Fall of Abaddon?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

So, Mr. Evon Gnashblade… I have two big questions for you.
First, you say you will be sponsoring research into the Fall of Abaddon. My question is, WHICH fall? The first, wherin the gods struck him down? Or the second, wherin he was slain at last and Kormir took his power?
Second, you are a Charr. Charr care not for Gods, let alone those of the Humans, so why do you care to sponsor research into an old human God? Your promise sounds fishy…

Fall of Abaddon?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

The first, it’s been stated that it centres around Abaddon’s initial fall. Abaddon created the Titans – the Charr worshipped the titans as gods until they realised what they actually were and overthrew the Flame legion. That’s a pretty solid reason to want to investigate it if you ask me.
Also a dev has hinted that he may be doing it for religious reasons, whatever that might imply…

Fall of Abaddon?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

If it is the initial fall of abaddon that would be interesting, I can already load up GW and participate in his destruction.

But if this is a route that the devs are taking when going for FotM….

How about when the Underworld was usurped by Grenth against Dhuum
…or witness an attempt to usurp the Fissure of Woe by Menzies against Balthazar
…or non-God related stuff like mini-sections of the Prophet Glint’s story.
…or when the Stone Summit claimed Thunderhead keep or enslaved the dredge.
…or see what remains of the unseen ones…Lazarus the Dire still wants his revenge!
…or…or…or the list goes on T.T

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Fall of Abaddon?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

• The Searing Cauldron was originally a gift from the Titans to the Charr.
  • The Titans came from the Foundry of Failed creations.
  • The first Charr who ever rebelled against the Flame Legion to actually kill a Titan, was not Pyre.
  • The Charr’s largest known invasion Army, did not die in the FoeFire, they died in the Cataclysm which was also a direct result of yet another of Abbadon’s Demons

I think a better question, is why is a top level Tradesman & Racketeer interested in it??

**(not listed here, the Titan who imbued Shiro with the apparent ability to absorb Dwayna’s powers from the Emperor and cause the Jade Wind).

(edited by ilr.9675)

Fall of Abaddon?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

• The Searing Cauldron was originally a gift from the Titans to the Charr.
  • The Titans came from the Foundry of Failed creations.
  • The first Charr who ever rebelled against the Flame Legion (& the Titans), was not Pyre.
  • The Charr’s largest known invasion Army, did not die in the FoeFire, they died in the Cataclysm which was also a direct result of yet another of Abbadon’s Titans

I think a better question, is why is a top level Tradesman & Racketeer interested in it??

**(not listed here, the Titan who imbued Shiro with the apparent ability to absorb Dwayna’s powers from the Emperor and cause the Jade Wind).

He does not care about it a bit. Anything which can make people to grind the dungeon and sell all the loot via black lion trading post (including buy something) will give him profit. (easy to understand right ? Consider this a long term investment (anyway lose or win, he (Evon) still wins.)).

Fall of Abaddon?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

One Theory: He loses big time if Thaumonova gives more reliable Charged Stones as drops than most fights do… (one FotM shard gives a few already).

Most people farm gold & use the TP in much higher volumes BECAUSE the prices of these rarer materials are inflated so much … Rather than spend time farming rarer mats themselves (b/c there’s very little assurance they’ll get any or even succeed in the first place). The fight against Abbadon’s followers meanwhile is all but guaranteed to give horrible Materials no one wants just like Arah currently does. Margonites gave horrible mostly useless drops too in the original game. Evon likes a Lottery. He likes RNG & disparity ruling everything.

(edited by ilr.9675)

Fall of Abaddon?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Edenfer.9816

Edenfer.9816

Anyone else fantasizing about playing as the original five gods in the new fractal?
It could be epic!