For Gnashblade Haters

For Gnashblade Haters

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

There are many I have seen who have falsely claimed that Evon is a corrupt and selfish charr. I find this highly unlikely. A few years after Lion’s Arch was built and was coming to fruition, Yomm, the merchant-master at the time, decided to join the council. Many of the council members were against this (believing him to only be joining the council for his own personal profit), but due to the rules at the time, he made it aboard. Not only did he go out of his way to strengthen the city, but due to his support and economic expertise, the city turned into the trader’s central it is today. Without him, Lion’s Arch would still be but a town. I believe Gnashblade is in the same regards. We need another Yomm for the city. We need Evon.

Besides, Kiel shouldn’t be stuck at a desk. She should be out on the field. She’s made to be a cop, not a councilwoman. The only reason she’s doing this is because Magnus convinced her to.

If Evon establishes a trade agreement with the Zephyrites, then we could potentially see some special and unique items appear in the Black Lion gem store. On top of all this, we will get to fight the GW2 equivalent of Poseidon; enough said.

NSPride <3

For Gnashblade Haters

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

We get to relive the fall of Abbadon from GW1….that’s the only reason I’m supporting him lol.

For Gnashblade Haters

in Cutthroat Politics

Razor.9872

We get to relive the fall of Abbadon from GW1….that’s the only reason I’m supporting him lol.

Not quite relive. A-net has stated that this was the fall of Abbadon that occurred before GW1 took place.

This will explain many things, and give a few theories to boot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFaH8SM9w7Q

NSPride <3

For Gnashblade Haters

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

I don’t think it’s a desk job if Kiel wins. Remember she has a ship. She will be all over the world in the Living Story.

Gnashblade however will be in LA. Counting his money and planning to betray everyone.

I want Living Stories to be less centered on LA.

For Gnashblade Haters

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Except that we don’t know what exactly we get to do during it. We may not even take part in that final battle, we might not even get to witness the conclusion/crystal sea stuff, etc.
I’d rather just not support the BL keys, especially with the new change. Really? 50 scraps after the first two weeks, and they’re not guaranteed drops.
I’d rather have Kiel win, just for the waypoint cost reduction. The Reactor is just as interesting to me as Fall, cause either way we’re not gonna get much lore, unless it is its own whole dungeon thing and not an individual fractal.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

For Gnashblade Haters

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Gnashblade however will be in LA. Counting his money and planning to betray everyone.

Isn’t that what all politicians do?

For Gnashblade Haters

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

As long as he lets me participate in betraying trahearne…

For Gnashblade Haters

in Cutthroat Politics

Razor.9872

Like I said, he’s not planning on betraying anyone. He honestly does have the best interests for Lion’s Arch.

NSPride <3

For Gnashblade Haters

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: VKP Butcher.2751

VKP Butcher.2751

Like I said, he’s not planning on betraying anyone. He honestly does have the best interests for Lion’s Arch.

Uh huh, sure he does.

I gave my limbs to the gods, perhaps I’ll add yours to the offering!
Killian Darkwood(Rng), Kaalia Darkheart(Guard), Avacyn Darkmind(Mes):Maguuma

For Gnashblade Haters

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

If anyone has done the candidate trials and stayed to the end to hear what was said, well, Kiel totally surprised me with what she said and hinted at. At least Evon is in your face with his intent….she is VERY backdoor with what she is doing!

For Gnashblade Haters

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: CMEPTb.8091

CMEPTb.8091

I got heckled one day in LA via PM for wearing a Gnash badge. ;_;

Stop the hate! Gnash will bring the love. We all like love. Vote Gnash!

For Gnashblade Haters

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Acidicore.3264

Acidicore.3264

There are many I have seen who have falsely claimed that Evon is a corrupt and selfish charr. I find this highly unlikely. A few years after Lion’s Arch was built and was coming to fruition, Yomm, the merchant-master at the time, decided to join the council. Many of the council members were against this (believing him to only be joining the council for his own personal profit), but due to the rules at the time, he made it aboard. Not only did he go out of his way to strengthen the city, but due to his support and economic expertise, the city turned into the trader’s central it is today. Without him, Lion’s Arch would still be but a town. I believe Gnashblade is in the same regards. We need another Yomm for the city. We need Evon. One individual’s action doesn’t mean all following the trend will also do the same. Wasn’t it also a Charr who wanted to kill off Marriner as well?

Besides, Kiel shouldn’t be stuck at a desk. She should be out on the field. She’s made to be a cop, not a councilwoman. The only reason she’s doing this is because Magnus convinced her to. They don’t have to, only the leader remains in the city

If Evon establishes a trade agreement with the Zephyrites, then we could potentially see some special and unique items appear in the Black Lion gem store. On top of all this, we will get to fight the GW2 equivalent of Poseidon; enough said. We could still get fun items with the trade agreement. Also it’s for Lion’s Arch. We could also play the GW2 equivalent of Black Mesa from Half-life. Please don’t make any more of these posts, there’s a dozens already, just continue the one’s that already exist.

For Gnashblade Haters

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

As a Kiel supporter, I know she’s the “bad guy”. It’s so obvious by now, it’s almost in your face. She has so much disdain for the Lionguard, it’s becoming funny.

Evon = good, but in a open corruptish kind of way, while Kiel = bad, in a lying backstabbing kind of way.

Mmm. Eventually, I think I’ll switch my vote to Evon.
In the meantime though, I’ll still harass people with my unfounded Kiel support stories.

For Gnashblade Haters

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I’d support Evon solely, except great-great-great-grandpa Trueflight would come back as a Foefire ghost to slap me around for backing a charr. And if he was better at it than Master Ranger Nente, I don’t wanna tangle with him.

Besides, I like Captain Kiel. Remember the time she basically kicked the Lionguard into gear to reach Southsun Cove faster than Trahearne could move the Pact on Zhaitan? I mean, sure it’s a nasty stretch of rock with overgrown crustacean heckspawn on it, and we all regret every minute we had to spend on it . . .

. . . but we got there, blunted the threat of the karka to the outside world in four days. The Pact can’t even keep the Risen in Orr, or the Icebrood north of Frostgorge Sound.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

For Gnashblade Haters

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

Evon represents black lion and with it RNG boxes. There is no way I’m supporting that!

For Gnashblade Haters

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Down with capitalists like Evon!

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

For Gnashblade Haters

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

Yomm, the merchant-master

Got his money from a pirate who wanted to kill off the Captains Council, that pritate wanted to return Lions Arch to Kryta. Yomm was a ploy. The plot failed, the plotters died by the hands of the Captains Council. Yomm, did not join the council (If i remember correctly). Yomm wasn’t a bad guy, he was just used.

Evon is not a Yomm. (I hope)

(edited by Tower Guard.5263)

For Gnashblade Haters

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

Uh huh, sure he does.

Even if he’s primarily got his own interests in mind, Evon’s interests lie in Lion’s Arch. He’ll be sure to do whatever is needed to secure that trade agreement, and he has the wherewithal to actually make things get done in the political arena. And he’s PROactive, meaning we’ll be able to get ahead of whatever next threat is looming over Lion’s Arch.

Kiel on the hand has proven she’s entirely REactive in the last few storylines she’s been in, and has displayed a fair amount of incompentence, too boot. I have no confidence in Kiel actually be able to get anything done on the counsel, let alone get ahead of any arising problems. A seat belonging to Kiel might as well be a bootprint from the other counselors.

Be pragmatic. Vote for someone who will actually make things happen in Lion’s Arch.