Guaranteed victory for Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

While I have much love and respect for Kiel, there’s no way she’s going to win. I had planned on giving all my votes to her… up until Evon promised discounted Black Lion Keys.

How dare Evon do this to me! Kiel offers nothing compared to the discounts off of the much sought after items. I must vote with my wallet, no matter how much it pains me. There is no other option at this point…

This brings up the following questions: Is there a way that Kiel will change her promised offers? And would it be OK for us to start a petition to have Kiel offer more to (cough)buy(cough) our votes?

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

The follow-up question is…why are you still buying RNG keys?

DOWN WITH RNG!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Acidicore.3264

Acidicore.3264

People whine about rng boxes, supports a political figure head that makes them and is selling them for a small discount…. WHOOSH

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Webba.3071

Webba.3071

What much sort after items do Black Lion Keys give you access to?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Acidicore.3264

Acidicore.3264

Boosters and such, and very rarely backpacks and infinite kits…and I mean very, very rarely.

in Cutthroat Politics

Smooth Penguin.5294

Webba, Evon’s chests always change, and offers great boosts and weapon skins.

Besides, it’s not just about RNG, but at what point you can beat it. By offering cheaper keys, we can now purchase more chances at trying. More keys = more chances to beat RNG.

Again, I wanted to vote Kiel, but she offers nothing compared to Evon.

in Cutthroat Politics

Webba.3071

By offer, you mean offer a very small chance. How many very small chances are you planning to purchase in the 4 weeks it applies? Not forgetting we dont know how much of a discounted price it is, aside from the temporary event skins (which seem to now have all been moved into other rng chests) I have never seen anything in Black Lion chests I would describe as much sought after, and definitely nothing worth spending real money on.

To each their own, but it seems a paltry and marginal offer at best (as is the cheaper waypoints for that matter). The only interesting distinction between what the candidates offer is the fractals.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

If you plan to go for BLKs then I agree with you Smooth Penguin.
But to player’s not interested in that the reduced WP cost actually is intruiging. I shudder at the thought how much of my “hard earned silver” has been eaten by waypoint travelling.
However in combination with the Abbadon fractal compared to one about the Thaumanova Reactor, I’m afraid Kiel’s chances are not the best.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

While I have much love and respect for Kiel, there’s no way she’s going to win. I had planned on giving all my votes to her… up until Evon promised discounted Black Lion Keys.

You do know the discounts are TEMPORARY, right? 4 weeks and then it’s over.

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

More keys = more chances to beat RNG.

Can’t tell if serious… but I’m assuming this thread is trolling.

in Cutthroat Politics

Smooth Penguin.5294

WP cost are already cheap. Going from LA to Frostgorge to kill a dragon is roughly 4 Silver at lv 80. That cost is recovered almost instantly with a single Ori node or Ancient tree farm. The Dragon Chest offers a guaranteed Rare or sometimes an Exotic. So as you can see, the costs of WP travel is minor. Even if WP cost are free for 4 weeks, that’s nothing compared to cheaper keys.

People will vote with their wallets, and Evon’s offers justify that. Kiel needs to understand that a majority of GW2 players are all about the coin.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

The black lion key gets a discount every once in a while. But we never saw a discount for waypoint prices, and tbh everybody uses waypoints, and complains how costly they are, so it’s much more useful and beneficial for players in whole. That’s why I’ll vote for Kiel – I never spoke to somebody in game who buys black lion keys.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Do realise that if black lion chests cost less, the value of gems compared to gold will rise to compensate. Evon is well aware of this.
Then again, cheaper waypoints are just useless.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

More keys = more chances to beat RNG.

Note sure if serious…

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

keys? worthless.. Fall of Abaddon? win.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Tinni.4351

Tinni.4351

That’s why keys make better sense. Buy keys now, horde for when the BL gets new goods! You can’t store WP discounts for later use!

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

in Cutthroat Politics

Webba.3071

Anet have moved away from putting new stuff in the BL chests since Wintersday, all the temp skins have arrived via other methods. I wouldn’t bet on hoarded keys being a good investment, personally (conditional on how much of a discount will be offered, but I seriously doubt it will be worth it).

in Cutthroat Politics

Smooth Penguin.5294

But we never saw a discount for waypoint prices, and tbh everybody uses waypoints, and complains how costly they are, so it’s much more useful and beneficial for players in whole.

The only people who complain about WP costs are new players who don’t have much money at the start. If a lv 80 character player would complain about a few Silver for WPs, it’s like someone trying to beg for $1 off of a $800 Louis Vuitton purse.

Do realise that if black lion chests cost less, the value of gems compared to gold will rise to compensate. Evon is well aware of this.
Then again, cheaper waypoints are just useless.

But I buy a lot of Gems, thus I never really have to worry about the exchange rates. But there are times when I would exchange when the rate is really low, then flip them during promotion spikes for a small profit. So cheaper keys works for us in two ways.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I’d like to see the percentage of players that have actually BOUGHT these keys. I never have and never will….

Everyone uses waypoints….but the cost is negligible at a certain point.

Then there are those Fractal farmers who are convinced that Evon is a lock because he offers an Abadon based dungeon (that 70% of the player base could care less about).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I’d like to see the percentage of players that have actually BOUGHT these keys. I never have and never will….

Everyone uses waypoints….but the cost is negligible at a certain point.

Then there are those Fractal farmers who are convinced that Evon is a lock because he offers an Abadon based dungeon (that 70% of the player base could care less about).

Random made up numbers to support my argument!

Vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

I am going with Kiel. Need to get map completion and reduced price on WP will help….

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in Cutthroat Politics

Smooth Penguin.5294

Anet has some good working relationships with Kiel, and should ask her to amend her promised offers, or step down and have someone else run. Everyone knows Evon is winning at this point. Cheaper keys. Better dungeons. Etc.

Maybe we’ll be allowed a write in candidate? #Foostivoo

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

I have a feeling that people that have played GW1 and know about abaddon are a minority. I wouldn’t be surprised if the rest of the populace votes Kiel, simply because of how Evon has been portrayed in game so far.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

If it were for discounts alone, Kiel would curbstomp as more people use waypoints (unless of course the reduction for keys is 80% and the reduction on waypoints is 1%).

But the discounts are temporary, which means they matter ZERO.

On the other hand we will have permanent new challenges in the fractals that depend on our vote.

The option’s we have is seeing how the Inquest messed with the Thaumanova reactor (which is kind of meh considering we have experienced this story several times) or… see one of the most important battles ever in Tyria!! That’s what should give Evon a guaranteed win and not some temporal reduction costs that no one will care about in a month!!

#teamGnashblade

in Cutthroat Politics

Smooth Penguin.5294

I have a feeling that people that have played GW1 and know about abaddon are a minority. I wouldn’t be surprised if the rest of the populace votes Kiel, simply because of how Evon has been portrayed in game so far.

Minority? You may want to recheck your poll numbers, or the unnamed sources of your information.

I can tell you that while Evon is a ruthless trader, his company is the one responsible for providing us a market to trade our goods, and special products like the Horn and Flute.

Kiel might have high poll numbers in the “likeable” category, but she is unelectable in this current matchup.

(edited by Smooth Penguin.5294)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

I can tell you that while Evon is a ruthless trader, his company is the one responsible for providing us a market to trade our goods, and special products like the Horn and Flute.

He’s also ‘responsible’ for RNG boxes, of which people are not a fan of.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Ellen has a chance on the swimsuit round, but otherwise I support Evon all the way.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Minority? You may want to recheck your poll numbers, or the unnamed sources of your information.

So YOU have direct numbers on what the percentage of the current playerbase played GW1? I’ve never seen them, but unless they played Nighfall, they have no idea who Abadon is (beyond a possible reference here and there).

Some of the people on this forum need to understand that the regulars and even visitors to these forums are a VERY small portion of the player base. Opinions and comments voiced here are likely a minority view in general.

And based on the percentage of dungeon (and to a lesser percentage, fractal) players in the player base, choosing a fractal to be added is going to have MUCH less of an impact than many here seem to think.

Most players are much more aware of Waypoint and BLC key costs….even if the changes are temporary.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

I think both of the price reduction offers are crap, you’re giving the black lion key way too much credit. I agree that the waypoint cost reduction is equally worthless.

I believe the vote comes down to any of the other features each of them offers, like minigames and fractal dungeons. I’ll probably vote Evon for the fractal.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

Yup that’s why my vote is going to Evon too. While I haven’t played the Fractalyet but I do love me some keys especially when these days doing a map complection give me tranmustation stones when my characters are level 80…

Beside depending how much achivements you got so far, if you got over 5000 and 10,000 points you will be rewarded with 400 gems for free (800 if you got 10,000 and haven’t spend the first 400 gems)!

Combine this fact with the keys costing 125 (1 key)/ 450 (5 keys) gems and that it will be at least over three weeks until the winner is announce means you will have your free gems to spend on Evon discount keys (that is if he is the winner)!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

… up until Evon promised discounted Black Lion Keys.

Really, that’s what did it for you…?

Screw the BL(BS) keys. I was really going to vote for Kiel, I hate Evon and his avaricious BLTC crap. He is the typical business man (charr), just out to make coins at your expense. At least Kiel goes into the field and acts like she gives a kitten . She deserved my vote, untill…

Evon, the son of a kitten that he is, offers us the Battle of Abaddon … WTF!!! I hate you Evon, and now I really want to vote for you, which just makes me hate you all the more! Balthazar kitten you!

in Cutthroat Politics

Smooth Penguin.5294

More evidence that Evon’s win is guaranteed:

Colin just said on the livestream (which just ended a few minutes ago) that the Fall of Abaddon refers to the events taking place before the original Guild Wars game.

In case you’re curious about what Colin actually said, you can view the recording of the livestream here: http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/c/2585362

No matter what your reason is for voting for Evon, it’s a done deal. As the saying goes: Nothing in life is guaranteed, except death, taxes, and Evon Gnashblade.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: frostyraziel.1854

frostyraziel.1854

Yup, profits from those keys have been falling short lately. The Keil victory doesn’t benefit the financially.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

Kiel all the way. The shady charr there cares only about his money income.
The fall of abaddon is the incentive and the discounted keys are a trick to jack up gem inflation. Don’t be puppets of this charr and vote for Kiel!

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

Very good stuff. You can transform into oozes, jackalopes, and elementals! Oh, did I mention you can stack up on XP and Kill Streak Boosters! You can get your next three dozen characters to lvl 80 three-four days earlier than average!

RNG FTW! Make ANet (Evon Gnashblade) more prone to include delicious, sweet RNG in the future as well!

/endsarcasm

Thaumanova sheds light on the origins of the Elder Dragons and what they are exactly. FoA blows the mystery that should be pieced together over time.

Reduced WP prices is a huge boon if you travel a lot. I always juggle with finding the most cost-effective way to get from A to B. Now it would be rendered obsolete, even for 4 weeks.

Vote for Ellen Kiel. Vote for the future. Vote for Lion’s Arch.

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lily Miranda.5407

Lily Miranda.5407

This thread is hilarious.

I’m loving the election so far. We need more events like this one.

in Cutthroat Politics

Smooth Penguin.5294

This thread is hilarious.

I’m loving the election so far. We need more events like this one.

No, this thread is sad. I wanted to vote for Kiel, but there’s no incentive to do so. Evon wins. Might as well end the election early, and give us the discounted keys now.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

More evidence that Evon’s win is guaranteed:

Colin just said on the livestream (which just ended a few minutes ago) that the Fall of Abaddon refers to the events taking place before the original Guild Wars game.

In case you’re curious about what Colin actually said, you can view the recording of the livestream here: http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/c/2585362

No matter what your reason is for voting for Evon, it’s a done deal. As the saying goes: Nothing in life is guaranteed, except death, taxes, and Evon Gnashblade.

I sort of wish the content were separate from the NPCs we’re voting for. I really want to see the Fall of Abaddon, but I like Kiel and dislike Evon. But I find myself in the tough spot of voting for a person just to see an event that really intrigues me. Evon doesn’t stand for my interests, while the game mechanic does, and now he has my vote. It just doesn’t feel right.

in Cutthroat Politics

Smooth Penguin.5294

I heard rumors that Evon Gnashblade is the mythical Sandwichmancer. When he wins, that profession might be released. Unnamed officials with the Black Lion Trading Company verified this information.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Mathog.3157

Mathog.3157

I sort of wish the content were separate from the NPCs we’re voting for. I really want to see the Fall of Abaddon, but I like Kiel and dislike Evon. But I find myself in the tough spot of voting for a person just to see an event that really intrigues me. Evon doesn’t stand for my interests, while the game mechanic does, and now he has my vote. It just doesn’t feel right.

This about further Living Story. Would it really be interesting if that so-called hero won?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

How dare Evon do this to me! Kiel offers nothing compared to the discounts off of the much sought after items. I must vote with my wallet, no matter how much it pains me. There is no other option at this point…

This brings up the following questions: Is there a way that Kiel will change her promised offers? And would it be OK for us to start a petition to have Kiel offer more to (cough)buy(cough) our votes?

BLC RNG is a scam! A vote against Evon is a statement against gem store RNG skins.

in Cutthroat Politics

Smooth Penguin.5294

BLC RNG is a scam! A vote against Evon is a statement against gem store RNG skins.

Look. Evon Gnashblade isn’t responsible for RNG mechanics. Blame the asura for that one. Who else would mess with random generated numbers in the Eternal Alchemy?

I don’t approve of Evon personally, but he is offering more than Kiel. I think all this push-back against him is starting to be more about species bias than politics. The Searing happened so long ago. Charr are people too.

in Cutthroat Politics

SynfulChaot.3169

Look. Evon Gnashblade isn’t responsible for RNG mechanics. Blame the asura for that one. Who else would mess with random generated numbers in the Eternal Alchemy?

I don’t approve of Evon personally, but he is offering more than Kiel. I think all this push-back against him is starting to be more about species bias than politics. The Searing happened so long ago. Charr are people too.

No. It’s not species. I like the Charr more than Humans. Blech … Humans.

And Evon may not be the one responsible directly for the RNG mechanics. ANet is. But he is the in-game face for the economy and the Trading Post.

As you said, though, Evon is offering more. And that is no way to have an election unless you want the outcome predecided. Which is what it seems.

in Cutthroat Politics

Smooth Penguin.5294

As you said, though, Evon is offering more. And that is no way to have an election unless you want the outcome predecided. Which is what it seems.

Offering campaign promises is a time honored tradition. If one person offers a better promise, the opponent needs to respond with something that bests the other. So if Kiel were to change up her offerings to something that would benefit the players more, this election would turn quickly to her side.

in Cutthroat Politics

SynfulChaot.3169

Offering campaign promises is a time honored tradition. If one person offers a better promise, the opponent needs to respond with something that bests the other. So if Kiel were to change up her offerings to something that would benefit the players more, this election would turn quickly to her side.

I hope it happens, but I don’t think that it will. ANet benefits more if Evon wins, after all.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

This. Don’t vote on temporary change, vote on the permanent content.

Abaddon (Evon) vs some asuran lab accident (Kiel)

in Cutthroat Politics

Smooth Penguin.5294

Temporary change or Abaddon dungeon. Either way, Evon’s winning.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

No. It’s not species. I like the Charr more than Humans. Blech … Humans.

And Evon may not be the one responsible directly for the RNG mechanics. ANet is. But he is the in-game face for the economy and the Trading Post.

who cares, even you don’t vote for Evon, BL box is still going to be there, forever. and if anet is smart enough they would know that we vote for evon only for the lore the dungeon, not for more RNG, and BL trading company is not all about RNG BL box you know.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in Cutthroat Politics

SynfulChaot.3169

who cares, even you don’t vote for Evon, BL box is still going to be there, forever. and if anet is smart enough they would know that we vote for evon only for the lore the dungeon, not for more RNG, and BL trading company is not all about RNG BL box you know.

Oh. I know that. But I also hope they are watching the dialogue. Just them seeing people not wanting to vote for Evon for that reason will be enough to get the message across. The message that we do not want real money RNG lotteries.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

If you discovered that Mr. E was behind the Molten Alliance and was the boss of the Aetherblades would you still vote for him?