Guaranteed victory for Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Not entirely sure how voting for Kiel makes you a dumb player, but whatever. After four weeks, the point is moot, and the only thing that will matter to the players is the fractal, and double for anet of what they can do with a new member on the council.

Simple. Logical fallacy. Appeal to emotion.

And voting against Evon due to RNG is False attribution.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Acidicore.3264

Acidicore.3264

Not entirely sure how voting for Kiel makes you a dumb player, but whatever. After four weeks, the point is moot, and the only thing that will matter to the players is the fractal, and double for anet of what they can do with a new member on the council.

Then by that logic, voting for either is moot.Voting for either saves you money both in-game and in the real world, depending if you convert gold and gems. It should come down to the characters themselves and what they’re contributing to the game, rather than money. Then again, it’s politics.

Everyone is using fallacies to promote why they think their candidate should win. I’m going for the character of the characters, everything else is just a shiny.

in Cutthroat Politics

Smooth Penguin.5294

I’m going for the character of the characters, everything else is just a shiny.

Evon is the character for characters. He’s offering cheaper BL Keys. And who doesn’t just love BL Keys?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Acidicore.3264

Acidicore.3264

I’m going for the character of the characters, everything else is just a shiny.

Evon is the character for characters. He’s offering cheaper BL Keys. And who doesn’t just love BL Keys?

I meant political standpoint. What do they represent, what kind of human/charr are they, what skills can they bring to the table, what are their pasts…etc

Dangling a carrot won’t buy my vote.

(edited by Acidicore.3264)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

Arguable. Yes, the decisions are made by ArenaNet. But the in-game face for the economy and what goes in the gem store, aka the character who runs the Trading Post, is Evon.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Skins are $5-$10, if you buy them outright.
With RNG skins you could spend $100 or more to get the skin.

Stop legitimizing this SCAM!

To answer this…

The fact that people WANT things only offered as a chance from a chest, and the fact that they’re WILLING to take that chance, they give up all rights to complain once they click that button. Knowing full well of what you’re getting into, and still doing it, speaks volumes.

Sorry my friend, your “scam” argument holds no water.

Smart players will vote Evon for Council!

Smart players know the Thaumanova Reactor fractal will mix chaos energy with the Mists. Creating unstable space time that would have effects outside FOTM.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

The WP discount saves the average person 5g in 4 weeks.

To anyone who cares about keys, you can create a new character, go through the story in 30mins and have a key.

(edited by Charak.9761)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

Smart players know the Thaumanova Reactor fractal will mix chaos energy with the Mists. Creating unstable space time that would have effects outside FOTM.

I understand why you said what you said, but this comment just comes off as snarky and condescending. Also, you can’t exactly base the entirety of your argument off of speculation created by an intentionally enigmatic post, even if it is by an Anet employee. It just doesn’t hold water.

EDIT IN:

The WP discount saves the average person 5g in 4 weeks. [snip]

This 5g is based on what numbers? And where did those numbers come from?

(edited by DeShadowWolf.6854)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

EDIT IN:

Thin air of course, just like any statistic posted on the internet without a link/math.

in Cutthroat Politics

DeShadowWolf.6854

EDIT IN:

Thin air of course, just like any statistic posted on the internet.

Exactly my point. They are completely baseless and therefore useless.

in Cutthroat Politics

Smooth Penguin.5294

EDIT IN:

The average player’s “Happiness Levels” will increase ten-fold if Evon wins, and will decrease 100-fold if Kiel wins. This is based off of the consensus that I’m right, and Evon will win. Plus, Evon has no need for statistics. He just needs to know how to undercut the competition. Minus 1 Copper is as simple as you can get, which is why he’s so successful.

#Evon4Council

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: jblade.6470

jblade.6470

While I’m voting for Evon, I wouldn’t say he is guaranteed to win. The 4 week discount on WP’s will get a lot of players who don’t care about the Fractals or mini games. Personally, I prefer the key discount although I won’t buy many unless they’re cheap, prefer the Abaddon fractal, and prefer Southsun Survival since the Hunger Games style game was my favorite in the betas. In the end, I’m set on my vote but many aren’t.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

EDIT IN:

The average player’s “Happiness Levels” will increase ten-fold if Evon wins, and will decrease 100-fold if Kiel wins. This is based off of the consensus that I’m right, and Evon will win. Plus, Evon has no need for statistics. He just needs to know how to undercut the competition. Minus 1 Copper is as simple as you can get, which is why he’s so successful.

#Evon4Council

Lets see, a char that is delving into research of abaddon, abaddon is linked to the titans, and the titans were worshipped by the flame legion.

How can you advocate putting a flame legion char on the council in lions arch? Your terrible and and the molten alliance you would support the flame legion of which Evon is clearly a part

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

To answer this…

The fact that people WANT things only offered as a chance from a chest, and the fact that they’re WILLING to take that chance, they give up all rights to complain once they click that button. Knowing full well of what you’re getting into, and still doing it, speaks volumes.

It’s already happened. We know what Tyria looks like after this “world altering event” – we play in that world every day!

in Cutthroat Politics

DeShadowWolf.6854

#Evon4Council

Lets see, a char that is delving into research of abaddon, abaddon is linked to the titans, and the titans were worshipped by the flame legion.

How can you advocate putting a flame legion char on the council in lions arch? Your terrible and and the molten alliance you would support the flame legion of which Evon is clearly a part

You say he is Flame Legion simply because they worshiped Titans and Titans served Abbadon. But non-Flame Legion charr also have reason to care because they suffered under the iron fist of the Flame Legion shamans. Looking into the Fall of Abbadon may suggest more of a “Lets go enjoy watching that baddie go down. Yup, that was fun!” than a “Lets go look into when he got his butt whooped so we can worship him,” attitude. Just my thoughts.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

To answer this…

It’s already happened. We know what Tyria looks like after this “world altering event” – we play in that world every day!

Space is unstable there. If you put it in the Mists it could create parallel realities.

in Cutthroat Politics

Smooth Penguin.5294

Everyone who loves Evon should consider the following:

Election Support Bundles can be used to help players support Evon Gnashblade or Ellen Kiel in their campaign to be elected to the Captain’s Council. Each support bundle contains a buff that will double the players’ votes cast for 30 minutes and display five banners that can be placed to visually show the players’ support in the world. Support bundles are available in the Consumable category for 125 gems each or 5 packs for 500 gems.

We can get DOUBLE OUR VOTES! Everyone, buy these consumable! Gift them to friends if you have to. We will show the world what it means to vote!