I didn't like how this was executed

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Sipso.9674

Sipso.9674

One man (account) – one vote.
Much less controversy.
Much more legit outcome, no matter the outcome.

Now people speak of rigged election. No wonder when there were billions of tickets thrown into baskets… without farming i had over 250 of them. Now count the farmed… I don’t think i can count that high…

Do never do such thing again. LA chat went full kitten, community divided into two and we either lost the content we wanted, or were never to get it.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

yet Im incredibly happy how everyone got involved, it made the game liver, we had “confrontations” in the guild, nothing serious, in fact quite on the ridiculous and fun way. LA chat was fun, some people were negative (like everywhere where human interaction is) but overall I foundit quite friendly and involving, feels like the game is real and alive.

As for the amount o votes; those who play more have more say in the elections, hence you get tickets for playing. I wish politics in RL worked like this, those who dont care about elections should be given a vote with dimished effects, those involved, informed and knowing how things are instead of mouthfed stuff should have more worthy votes.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

This ain’t no democracy, it’s a pirate election, YARR!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

Much less controversy.

Well, here’s the thing: Colin oversold the whole “it’s a pirate election” thing.

The way that tokens were handed out, it might as well have been a democratic vote.

Earning the tokens required nothing more than participation, i.e. time. They drop like candy in Aspect Arena and Southsun Survival whether you win or lose, and regardless of your performance. They’re also random drops from doing just about anything.

So really, your ability to vote is just a function of the amount of time you spend playing, regardless of how you play. As always, there is a large group of people who play a little, and a small group of people who play a lot. The collective amount of time that the big group spends playing is x, and the collective amount of time that the small group spends playing is y, where x > y. Though the mechanics are slightly different, the outcome is the same, which is that the majority wins. What they did here was basically a Rube Goldberg version of democracy.

This is not what was advertised in the preview, and I find that more disappointing than the outcome.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Much less controversy.

Well, here’s the thing: Colin oversold the whole “it’s a pirate election” thing.

The way that tokens were handed out, it might as well have been a democratic vote.

Earning the tokens required nothing more than participation, i.e. time. They drop like candy in Aspect Arena and Southsun Survival whether you win or lose, and regardless of your performance. They’re also random drops from doing just about anything.

So really, your ability to vote is just a function of the amount of time you spend playing, regardless of how you play. As always, there is a large group of people who play a little, and a small group of people who play a lot. The collective amount of time that the big group spends playing is x, and the collective amount of time that the small group spends playing is y, where x > y. Though the mechanics are slightly different, the outcome is the same, which is that the majority wins. What they did here was basically a Rube Goldberg version of democracy.

This is not what was advertised in the preview, and I find that more disappointing than the outcome.

Although if you make the assumption that both set of groups were equally distributed among the total number of voters for each group, then it begins to approximate a system in which each voter has a single vote.

There is no way to confirm that this assumption would hold true without massive amounts of data collection, but there were “farmers” and “casuals” for both sides.

They even had it where you could vote for both sides equally, thereby abstaining. I think most people would’ve dumped them into one side for the most part outside of getting the achievements, but that’s probably the oddest characteristic of the election if you ask me. Although that does allow a “change my mind” mechanism, which is kind of cool.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

On one hand having it tied to drops means those who play the game more, who will be affected by the outcome more, gets more of a say. They have more “skin” in the game so to speak. I had something like 80-100 votes but I see others complain about having 100s they hadn’t used over all the ones they had already used.

So I don’t have a problem with this.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: hplee.2839

hplee.2839

you probably wont be posting this if Evon win…

Orisis Stonehart
Blackgate Militia

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: fungihoujo.8476

fungihoujo.8476

Evon lost the actual election, even though he won more of the popular vote.

Guess he’ll have to go on to make a documentary about how the flame legion’s gross fossil fuel consumption is going to put Orr under the water and cause the Shiverpeaks to melt.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Seeing that some players sold legendaries to support Kiel, the whole thing was : who was crazy enough to waste gold for a fractal (or to spite the other side).
I hope those dozens to hundreds of gold some Kiel supporters wasted was worth it….

you probably wont be posting this if Evon win…

Don’t worry, someone who supported Kiel would have been posting it.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Much less controversy.

Now people speak of rigged election. No wonder when there were billions of tickets thrown into baskets… without farming i had over 250 of them. Now count the farmed… I don’t think i can count that high…

Do never do such thing again. LA chat went full kitten, community divided into two and we either lost the content we wanted, or were never to get it.

If you honestly think these forums would not called rigged if it was 1 vote per person, you still have far more faith in the forums then I do.