I'm done with black lion chests. period

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: VampyreJack.9183

VampyreJack.9183

EVERY event since launch that has involved a chance to get skins from an event has yielded me nothing from black lion chests. This one, a seeming marketing ploy in retrospect, stated that it would offer scraps (or whatever they’re called) that can be put towards unlocking a skin (10 needed). These scraps are more common, so that people wouldn’t feel so hopeless when they didn’t get the rare single ticket that let you get a skin. I spent over 28 gold (all that i had) on keys to unlocking these chests…not only did i not get any keys, but not even the more common scraps…not a single one to even put towards a skin. I’ve dumped so much real money into this game…and you thank my business with what? A kite that i find stupid and didn’t ask for…and holographic pet pack in the past? i wasn’t going to buy either of those with my real money. I’ve dumped over $150 extra into supporting this game through the gem store and all the gold i got on black lion chests primarily…and i have not gotten a single skin nor common scrap to put towards one from a “black lion chest”. Very dissapointed and not putting any more money or gold into these consistently horrible odds. I would at least love to be refunded the in-game gold i spent this round on those black lion keys for the chest…as you gave false hope in getting more common scraps to put towards a skin and i didn’t even get one. On average i used to get at least a black lion key one out of every 4 chests….14 or more chests last night and not one scrap or key.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

28 gold translates into roughly 8 keys, they also stated that they nerfed the droprate on keys from the chests as they were simply a “retry”.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

The same thing in Maplestory, potential scrolls would drop a potential shard, so you can combine it for a new item.

But having scraps in the BLC not be 100% here is really bad, I get you need to make money, I really do, but leaving it to RNG is disrespectful.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I think this qualifies as a verbal tantrum…..nice.

Exactly what part of the game can you not play without this skin?

I entirely agree that this content is geared toward ANet making money, but it doesn’t HAVE To be your money they make.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

So people are still buying keys hoping they actually get an event item huh? Here we go….

Attachments:

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: RoosterTooth.1024

RoosterTooth.1024

Are people still making useless posts on the forums telling everyone how they are done buying BL chests?

Le sigh

in Cutthroat Politics

VampyreJack.9183

update, i spent all my gold and bought black lion keys from the gem store as well. so that’s how it was 14+. I wouldn’t just flame only because this event alone. i’m complaining, QQ’ing, whatever you want to call it, because it’s been this way since game launch. And it was the allure of getting more common scraps to put towards a skin that had me suckered into it, and the fact that i didn’t even get one of those common scraps after all of those chests…. Hence the being peeved and fed up. I just wanted a pistol skin as there are only a few decent pistol skins in the game at the moment, and i’ve always wanted a western looking one.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

Anet will never get 1 dime of real money from me. This is merely one reason as to why. If I cannot afford it in game with gold, then I don’t get it. Period.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: sophie deadbones.7345

sophie deadbones.7345

Is THAT what they’re good for? I haven’t had a key since the game started so I just sell the chests as soon as I get them. Thanks for clearing that up.

in Cutthroat Politics

VampyreJack.9183

Are people still making useless posts on the forums telling everyone how they are done buying BL chests?

Le sigh

they aren’t useless… my hopes are that others that are on the fence about spending their hard-earned gold or real money on this crap will be dissuaded by enough people showing how crappy the RNG is even with them adding “supposedly” more common methods to get to your end goal. In fairness one could also fault you for insisting on replying to “useless posts on forums” telling people not to buy chests.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: TripCharge.5134

TripCharge.5134

ahem key grinding ahem

(edited by TripCharge.5134)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

Part of the reason i love this game is for the skins; to get the specific look i intend for a character. It’s not stats related stuff, its not dungeon or WvW thing or such(i play those too) but it is one of THE part of the game that I do enjoy. Gating it through RNG has always been my biggest dissappointment with this game. I still love the game overall, mind you, but I really really draw the line when it comes to gemstore item being RNG, Honestly, if i were to spend real money on stuff I don’t want it a gamble. I was on the fence about BLC once but seeing more and more of these absurdity really pushes me into the anti BLC camp. So yeah im with the OP on this.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

RNG means Random Number Generator

The “Random” part of RNG does not mean Guaranteed.

And note – Black Lion Scraps are not the only things that the chest can spawn. So if you have 10 “common” items on the loot table, and say the chest may only give one or two “common” drops, you have a 10% or 20% chance of getting what you want. That’s not factoring in the “uncommon” and “rare” chances either.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

So you gambled and didn’t win and now you’re complaining. Do you complain as loudly if you don’t win a lottery? If you’ve been playing since the start of the game, you should know perfectly well that Black Lion;s Chests ARE indeed a lottery. Take your losses, you’ve got only yourself to blame for spending that money.