Kiel winning is better for casual players IMO

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: SidewayS.3789

SidewayS.3789

Well, after i saw who won, i said to me “again in a MMO, the casuals who plays like 2-3 hours wins”. Honestly i knew that, the casuals will go for Kiel. Why? Because in EVERY MMO, this situation is more or less, true… Casuals will be much more (player base) then lets just say the Hardcore player base, and therefore we have now an CoE V 2.0 and the cost of the wp, a bit down.
Lets face it, we knew this will happen. So again, i live to see that the Casuals players triumph over us. Meh…
And for the Casuals, please stay out of my topic

[Main]Kappy Ry – Asura Guardian [~You are all,Bookahs !!!~]
[Second Main]Korvus Mistreaver – Charr Revenant [~I’m blind not deaf~]
[Third Main] Vladdz – Asura Engineer [~In due times, all will serve asura~]

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Although casuals make up the majority, most of them would have only placed a small number of votes. With the ability to vote multiple times, dedicated players had the option to outnumber the casual player’s votes.

Each casual player would have maybe placed 100 votes total throughout the event, whereas a dedicated player should have easily placed 1000. I for example was getting around 60 per day while doing the activities, but I never bothered to vote, since I didn’t care about either bonus. Assuming around 10% of the population is dedicated, with 10x more votes placed per player compared to a casual, the dedicated player’s vote should have been the majority.

If you look at how many tokens you could obtain compared to how many votes were placed total, you’d notice that either not many people participated or alternatively, the player base is actually pretty small. On average, each player only placed around 6 to 18 votes.

If you could only vote once, then the outcome would have been much different and highly influenced by the casual players. Kiel would have won with a much larger margin.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Considering the amount of hours I have clocked I play pretty hardcore – Thaumanova just seemed more relevant in this game to me

~600 votes

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

I’m appaled by the arrogance of your line of thought OP. In fact it’s a trend I see all over this forum now that the results are in.

The fact of the matter is that the Abaddon fractal would have given no new insights at all, while the reactor is an open box with endless possibilities. It’s just that the majority of the bunch doesn’t seem to have the creativity to see this potential and was blinded by the ‘epicness’ of a god battle.

Pfffsh, I’m glad we’re having this now anyway, because if Evon had won, the excrement would have hit the fan once his unimpressive fractal smashed all the unrealistic expectations of the ‘hardcore’ voters. At least now people already assume the fractal will suck so it can only get better from here on out.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

I’m nowhere near casual and I voted for Kiel lol.
I’m happy the $ to Gems to Gold folks are upset their Gems being increased in value didn’t quite happen. (BL keys 50% off with the addition of the new scrap reward had “buyer” written all over it :P)

Disclaimer—→ Not saying all that voted for Evon did it for the above reason, but I personally know quite a few that did.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I’m casual and I voted for Evon.

And I think Healix was right. The votes for the casual player would be a lot less than the votes from the hard core player. Unless there are waaaaay many more casual players than hardcore players and in that case, it’s only natural that the “casuals” won (presuming all casuals would vote for Kiel, which I already proved didn’t happen).

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Since you have a crystal ball there that tells you exactly what this Fractal will be, why don’t you tell us more about the future oh great seer?

Point is, you have no idea what this fractal will even be like. You can’t call it CoE 2.0 cause no one has any idea what this fractal will be. Casual and Hardcore doesn’t even come into play whatsoever in this discussion. Since we have no idea what the new fractal will be, we can not make any claim that it is designed for casuals or hardcore players.

So stop being immature about it, and just man up and admit the truth. You’re upset that you didn’t get the Abaddon fractal, so you are going to throw a fit and bash on the Reactor fractal cause it is not what you wanted.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

So stop being immature about it, and just man up and admit the truth. You’re upset that you didn’t get the Abaddon fractal, so you are going to throw a fit and bash on the Reactor fractal cause it is not what you wanted.

Didn’t care for Abaddon lol. I only cared for discounts off the market :P.

Pineapples

in Cutthroat Politics

SpyderArachnid.5619

It was only a discount on Black Lion Keys, nothing else. So Gnashblade was supporting RNG gambling in the gem store and was going to offer a discount on the keys so you could gamble even more and lose more money. Which in turn puts more money in his pockets. Doesn’t sound like a good deal to me at all.

in Cutthroat Politics

Brutalistik.6473

It was only a discount on Black Lion Keys, nothing else. So Gnashblade was supporting RNG gambling in the gem store and was going to offer a discount on the keys so you could gamble even more and lose more money. Which in turn puts more money in his pockets. Doesn’t sound like a good deal to me at all.

Yeah, but I’m thinking about future discounts that probably would of been doubled if by chance he was elected. Anyways it was a lot of better deal than what Kiel was offering plus character.

Pineapples

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

Define casuals, because personally I consider myself a casual, yet I’m going for my 5th 80, and almost 8k achievement points.

I voted for Kiel because I use WPs a lot, so I’ll benefit the most from that. I know I will never buy keys from gem store, and I know no matter how many people wanted to play the Abaddon fractal, after first few runs they would want to just skip through it, or find exploits to get it done faster. Who knows, if it was even as tough as lava fractal for example, people might end up skipping it altogether. So why bother with which fractal?

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Roughly speaking

votes = time played during living world event.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in Cutthroat Politics

SpyderArachnid.5619

Yeah, but I’m thinking about future discounts that probably would of been doubled if by chance he was elected. Anyways it was a lot of better deal than what Kiel was offering plus character.

But that’s the thing. It’s all a big “probably” or “maybe” or “if”. He only guaranteed discounts on Black Lion Keys to support gambling in the gem store. He didn’t guarantee any other discounts at all. It is just everyone assuming he will if he was elected.

And Gnashblade a better character? No one even knows what kind of character he would be because he has been in absolutely nothing. He has done nothing and hasn’t set any kind of status or base on who his character even is. We can’t say he would be a better character when we know absolutely nothing on what his character would even be.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Missywink.7162

Missywink.7162

I voted for Kiel and I play for hours every night. Am I casual ? No. This is just another post where people who wanted Evon to win are whining and moaning about not getting there way. This game is not going the way of WoW and pandering to the casuals.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Oh look it’s like the 20th thread about the same topic today.

And on top of that you have that hardcore gamer holier than thou mentality. Just because they can’t/don’t play as long as you a night doesn’t mean they shouldn’t have a say in what they want to play.

in Cutthroat Politics

Brutalistik.6473

But that’s the thing. It’s all a big “probably” or “maybe” or “if”. He only guaranteed discounts on Black Lion Keys to support gambling in the gem store. He didn’t guarantee any other discounts at all. It is just everyone assuming he will if he was elected.

And Gnashblade a better character? No one even knows what kind of character he would be because he has been in absolutely nothing. He has done nothing and hasn’t set any kind of status or base on who his character even is. We can’t say he would be a better character when we know absolutely nothing on what his character would even be.

Of course he didn’t guarantee other discount offers…why spoil the fun when we can least expect it if he won? Knowing his character he do whats best for LA even if his are plans a bit shady. They’ve given him a cool persona for a villain type, but that’s as far I’ll go since he wasn’t elected for the spotlight.

Pineapples

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

I didn’t vote …

Destroyed around 275 support tokens, I did only 4 achievements for each candidate, I never do pvp mimi-games, and didn’t bother with T3/4 of the instance after Anet ‘fixed’ it.

I don’t do fractals, so couldn’t give a toss which one won.

For me, this was the worse LS content to date, the 2 weeks went by very slowly.

Only positive was getting a weapon skin ticket that I use on the pistol skin and sold it for 58g …

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Newman.6847

Newman.6847

While I might not be the most hardcore player out there, as I do my daily bunch of dungeon runs (all diff paths, not just spamming cof p1) , wearing T3 with a legendary in hand, I don’t particularly consider myself casual either. I voted Kiel and the assumption that all who did that are noobs is kinda wrong.

The way I see it, there were 3 reasons to support a candidate;

- the fractal choice;
- story wise, which candidate you like better;
- least importantly, the temporary reward (key or wp discount for 4 weeks);

Fractal choice; I find it funny how a lot of Evon supporters were dead certain the abbadon fractal would be the best thing since sliced bread, and Thaumanova would be boring, without actually knowing anything about what they’ll look and play like. Without seeing them it’s impossible to know – they may have been right but it’s all assumptions with not much but overall theme to go by. There are many things that make content like this good, and most of them we’re not privy to yet in regards to the fractal choice. In short “battling a god” may sound good on paper but making it really good gameplay wise is something else entirely. Abbadon fractal could have easily ended up as Cliffside 2.0 – as in, a fractal most groups try to avoid and go back to Dessa’s lab the moment they see it come first because it simply take too long. When you have to complete 3 mini dungeons plus the jade maw one you don’t want to spend too much time in each. IMO, the mini dungeon format probably isn’t the best way to revisit the Abbadon thing; a full dungeon would be able to give it justice much better.

Regarding character personality, lots of people said Kiel is a boring goodie two shoes cardboard cutout. They were right, but.. Evon is exactly the same. He’s the generic “villain” where Ellen is the generic “do gooder”. When I saw Evon in the intro sequence introduce Ellen as his assistant then tell her she’ll get her feelings hurt in the elections, I wanted to see him lose. His behavior was that of a person who has a lot of wealth and just assumes things will go his way, always. I see enough people like that win in RL, tbh. But, I think a far more interesting choice would be to have him act from behind using his wealth and connections to pull strings. Seems more his style.

- Temp rewards are almost irrelevant, imo, since they are temporary. Cheaper wp’s probably won’t save us that much over a month, not any amount you couldn’t make up for in a few dungeon runs. However, as a matter of principle, I never buy RNG boxes for real money. If I’m going to shell out my hard earned money I want to know what exactly am I getting in return, not this gambling bs “maybe something awesome, but way more likely a few not particularly useful boosters”. So I don’t care how much of a discount the keys got, I wouldn’t buy them anyway.

(edited by Newman.6847)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Crying and tears everywhere.

What about have a life sometimes?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

Assuming that Evon = Hardcore Player and Kiel = Casual is laughable.

PvE players are casual. Come to WvW where there is a challenge.

Kiel offered more of a general benefit. Get over it.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]